Tarkington @ Cleveland Predictions

rangers12

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1280540" timestamp="1348497011"]
Cleveland at home, on Homecoming night! Tarkington has no chance, our defense will destory them. They will not run on us, will need to pass the ball to beat Cleveland and they do not have the line to protect the QB that long.  42-7 Cleveland wins..
[/quote]

Last week Tarkington's QB threw for 3 TD's and ran for 2. Tarkington can toss it around a little so don't be so quick to judge

[quote name="hook em' 09" post="1280544" timestamp="1348497477"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=103618.msg1280540#msg1280540 date=1348497011]
Cleveland at home, on Homecoming night! Tarkington has no chance, our defense will destory them. They will not run on us, will need to pass the ball to beat Cleveland and they do not have the line to protect the QB that long.  42-7 Cleveland wins..
[/quote]

Last week Tarkington's QB threw for 3 TD's and ran for 2. Tarkington can toss it around a little so don't be so quick to judge
[/quote]

I didn't say that he can't toss it around, I said he will not have time..Don't get me wrong, I do see that Tarkington has made great improvments this season and they will win some games, but not this one.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1281125" timestamp="1348525623"]
I smell an upset.  Tarkington can win this game if they jump into the lead like they did last weekend.  I agree that Cleveland has a good defense, but Tarkington's defense isn't shabby either.  I predict Tarkington 12, Cleveland 10.
[/quote]

Don't get carried away, theres potential for upset but they'll need twice maybe three times that many points to win barring offensive unfriendly weather.

[quote name="StangBacker" post="1281318" timestamp="1348541193"]
Cleveland's defense hasn't faced an offense like Tarkington. I don't think they can stop the longhorns. I am also willing to bet that if Tarkington gets up on them, the tribe won't be able to overcome it. Longhorn offense is too much for Cleveland. Tarkington 42 - 12
[/quote]

wow.... when's the last time someone said that about Tarkington? Coach Carpenter, his staff, and that community have stayed the course and are reaping the benefits. Win or lose, congrats to the horns on how far you've come!

Cleveland's defense hasn't faced an offense like Tarkington. I don't think they can stop the longhorns. I am also willing to bet that if Tarkington gets up on them, the tribe won't be able to overcome it. Longhorn offense is too much for Cleveland. Tarkington 42 - 12
[/quote]

Coach T will have the Indians ready. Tarkington won't score 42.

Well, I must say this gave everyone a huge laugh this morning, Tarkington has played a couple of schools that has a W/L record worse then them and came out on top and now everyone says there gonna compete with Cleveland, bahahahaha, Have ya'll forgot about the spanking they took from Cleveland last year, I believe it was 67 to 13, come on, I'm glad to see a few wins in Tarkingtons corner too but to get on here and act like you can compete with Cleveland is just crazy!  I will tune back in Friday night about 11'ish for the crow supper!!!!

Cleveland's defense hasn't faced an offense like Tarkington. I don't think they can stop the longhorns. I am also willing to bet that if Tarkington gets up on them, the tribe won't be able to overcome it. Longhorn offense is too much for Cleveland. [b]Tarkington 42 - 12[/b]
[/quote]

42 on Cleveland no way.  Tarkington scored only 14 on HJ.  Cleveland's defense is way better than HJ.  Glad to see Tarkington getting some wins but don't see them winning this one.  Good news is they have a chance to go 3-3 in district and finish with a 6-4 record.

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1281718" timestamp="1348592624"]
Maxpreps has Tarkington playing 2 different schools friday , 1 is in Louisiana and the other is in Houston. Does anyone know which one it was? By the way both are named Sam Houston.
[/quote]

I believe it was a school out of Lake Charles LA. Houston Sam Houston

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1281750" timestamp="1348594299"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=103618.msg1281718#msg1281718 date=1348592624]
Maxpreps has Tarkington playing 2 different schools friday , 1 is in Louisiana and the other is in Houston. Does anyone know which one it was? By the way both are named Sam Houston.
[/quote]

I believe it was a school out of Lake Charles LA. Houston Sam Houston
[/quote]
I
No, it was Houston Tech, Houston ISD, used to be called Sam Houston.

Lots to be excited about in both towns. I would caution Horns fans to temper your enthusiasm just a bit (42 would be a ton against this defense). A win over Cleveland would be huge, no matter the score. At the end of the night, somebody is 1-0 and somebody is 0-1. They have a very good team and it will be a measuring stick for where the Horns are as a program. Best of luck to both and hopefully it will be a hard fought, injury free game.

[quote name="Socrates" post="1281803" timestamp="1348597786"]
Lots to be excited about in both towns. I would caution Horns fans to temper your enthusiasm just a bit (42 would be a ton against this defense). A win over Cleveland would be huge, no matter the score. At the end of the night, somebody is 1-0 and somebody is 0-1. They have a very good team and it will be a measuring stick for where the Horns are as a program. Best of luck to both and hopefully it will be a hard fought, injury free game.
[/quote]

Very well said, would like to just see a good competitive game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew