• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1278537" timestamp="1348283218"]
How do you beat LM then lay an egg to LCM?  :-\
[/quote]

By underestimating the current opponent!

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1278558" timestamp="1348283430"]
Congrats LCM. The sissy tackling continues the turnovers continue and 5th string rb attempting 2pt conversion? I want to throw up.
[/quote]

5th string?  Please... ::)  Could it be Coldspring is just having a down year?  It happens to all good and great programs. 

Still...35 points on THIS team?  In...cred...i...ble.  Congrats to the Bears!

first off my hats off to coach crouch and his coaching staff for doing a great job with there kids this week in practice.to you the kids  of lc-m super job just keep up the good work,you played one of the best teams in the state tonight and sent them on a long trip home justa outstanding job  we here at wo-s and all of orange county are proud of you knocking a state ranked down

I would like to say congratulations to LC-M.  Those kids came out and played hard.  They deserved to win this game.  Our team has no heart what so ever at times this year.  We are way too undid plonked and make far too many mistakes.  If we continue to play like this Shepherd might beat us and this just makes me sick to my stomach to think about.  The captains of this team needs to call a meeting and fix his. 

Do you think maybe it was a mental let down from the big win last week? Coldspring definitely has athletes, plus they are big and strong, it just seemed something was missing from them tonight. It was a great win for us, but I know the Trojan fans feel let down.,...

Congrats to LCM!  Maybe this is will build some confidence, and help out in 20-4A.  IMO, there will likely be 2 spots there for the taking.  This could be a big momentum builder.

To Coldspring, don't hang your heads.  This happens in sports, but atleast it's not the playoffs.  You guys have time to learn from this. (This happened to us against KP & Ozen in back to back years) You guys should grow a lot after being on this roller coaster. (The Navasota blowout, the big upset over LM & now being upset) You guys will be ok.

[quote name="Trojan1989" post="1278804" timestamp="1348293063"]
What is with the piss poor tackling from Coldspring in every game so far?  And the fumbles?  Find a back who can hang on to the ball or they will be one n done come playoffs provided they make it.
[/quote] Lol....how many seniors on that team.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1278713" timestamp="1348287591"]
I would like to say congratulations to LC-M.  Those kids came out and played hard.  They deserved to win this game.  Our team has no heart what so ever at times this year.  We are way too undid plonked and make far too many mistakes.  If we continue to play like this Shepherd might beat us and this just makes me sick to my stomach to think about.  The captains of this team needs to call a meeting and fix his.
[/quote]

Not just no heart, no intensity, no want, no leadership, and no drive to want to go back to Dallas, thats what the last 2 years the Trojans have had was the drive the heart and willingness to do what it had to do to make it to state and this team doesnt have that not from what ive seen, and not only do the captains need to call a meeting and figure it out, maybe even new ones that are gunna light a fire under there butts

[quote name="trojfan427" post="1278854" timestamp="1348308288"]
Not just no heart, no intensity, no want, no leadership, and no drive to want to go back to Dallas, thats what the last 2 years the Trojans have had was the drive the heart and willingness to do what it had to do to make it to state
[/quote]
I hate to be too harsh on this years team but I must admit that they seem to lack that "it" quality (however one would like to define it, whether it be heart, intensity, leadership, drive, etc)

Granted this years pre district schedule has been tough but its still no excuse for some of the erratic play. The regular season is close to the midway point and CS for the first time in 4 years seems to have a real problem at the rb position. They seem to lack the big play ability of years past. Not being as explosive would be fine but it seems as the drives get longer so do the mistakes. Don't know how many drives have already been stopped due to a rb losing a fumble.

Tackling doesnt seem to be as good either but then again I didnt expect it to be early on after graduating 3 year starters Harrison, Andries & Monroe. Those 3 started from day 1 on very good teams for a reason. They had the great ability but they also had the "will & want to" to get the job done. There wasn't any quit in those boys. Not saying there is quit in the current group but I just don't like some of the stuff I've seen so far this year.

Also by no means am I writing this years team off because they haven't even played a district game yet. However if the goal is still to win a state championship (which I definitely know it is for Barbay & staff) they're going to have to improve alot to make another deep run. A offense lacking big play potential coupled with turnovers & a defense that doesn't always tackle well will be hard to win with come mid November.

Here's to hoping the last few weeks have been a eye opener for what is possible (beating LaMarque on the road) & want can happen (LCM) when you don't take care of the ball & get off of the field on defense when you have to.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder