Hamshire-Fannett 9th grade team

HF88

I know that the majority of the posts on this forum are about the varsity teams for each school, but I would like to give props to the Hamshire-Fannett 9th grade team for their past and recent accomplishments.  Counting their 7th, 8th and 9th grade games played, this group of young men are currently 19-0.  As a father and youth coach of these young men it has been a privilege and honor to work with them and watch them grow as athletes and young adults.  They have a love for the game and are students to their craft.  Everyone knows that anything can happen between 9th grade and 12th grade.  Parents get job opportunities and move, players lose interest and choose to follow different dreams, selection of a single sport over playing multiple sports, and the worst of all INJURY, anything can happen.  These young men have the support of their parents, we will forever be there.  They have an, “I don’t know how to lose attitude.”  Winning like losing is contagious.  The disease is running rampant with this group.  Individually they are just like any other 14-15 year old, but as a team, they have intensity, focus, purpose, and determination.  Will they always be undefeated?  God willing.  Will they always have the support and respect of their parents and the community of Hamshire-Fannett?  Forever and ever.  Gentlemen I would like each and every one of you to know how proud we are of your accomplishments both on and off of the field and that we are here to support you.  We look forward to great things from you throughout your high school career.

[quote name="HF88" post="1277548" timestamp="1348247694"]
I know that the majority of the posts on this forum are about the varsity teams for each school, but I would like to give props to the Hamshire-Fannett 9th grade team for their past and recent accomplishments.  Counting their 7th, 8th and 9th grade games played, this group of young men are currently 19-0.  As a father and youth coach of these young men it has been a privilege and honor to work with them and watch them grow as athletes and young adults.  They have a love for the game and are students to their craft.  Everyone knows that anything can happen between 9th grade and 12th grade.  Parents get job opportunities and move, players lose interest and choose to follow different dreams, selection of a single sport over playing multiple sports, and the worst of all INJURY, anything can happen.  These young men have the support of their parents, we will forever be there.  They have an, “I don’t know how to lose attitude.”  Winning like losing is contagious.  The disease is running rampant with this group.  Individually they are just like any other 14-15 year old, but as a team, they have intensity, focus, purpose, and determination.  Will they always be undefeated?  God willing.  Will they always have the support and respect of their parents and the community of Hamshire-Fannett?  Forever and ever.  Gentlemen I would like each and every one of you to know how proud we are of your accomplishments both on and off of the field and that we are here to support you.  We look forward to great things from you throughout your high school career.
[/quote]This is a tough group of kids that have a lot of potential. Great post and a good way of boosting their confidence. Keep them together and they will make some noise come their time to shine. Good luck and God bless Ya!!!!

Congrats to them..that is a hard thing to do. I know the current WOS sophomores both a and b teams were undefeated and unscored on in 7th and 8th, i think we lost one or two games last year after our Qb went on varsity as a freshman. So far this year we lost to Jasper. So that means ya'll one-upped us on that one. Good luck to them (except against WOS) and may they stay healthy.

[quote name="HF88" post="1284022" timestamp="1348840511"]
Well sadly I have to report that this group is now 19-1.  Streaks are made to be stopped.  WOS  played better than we did last night.
[/quote]
WOS is a good team, but don't loose sight of the fact that several HF Fish are playing on Varsity including the QB King.

[quote name="badndn" post="1284057" timestamp="1348842286"]
[quote author=HF88 link=topic=103448.msg1284022#msg1284022 date=1348840511]
Well sadly I have to report that this group is now 19-1.  Streaks are made to be stopped.  WOS  played better than we did last night.
[/quote]
WOS is a good team, but don't loose sight of the fact that several HF Fish are playing on Varsity including the QB King.
[/quote]
Don't insult the kids that played last night, and the previous 3 games. They lost as the team they are, just like they won as the team they are the last 3 weeks.

[quote name="badndn" post="1284057" timestamp="1348842286"]
[/quote]
[/

WOS had four freshman up on their JV team last night. 

[quote name="Cheater" post="1284284" timestamp="1348855622"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=103448.msg1284057#msg1284057 date=1348842286]
[/quote]
[/

[/quote]You took the words out of my mouth I didnt know haw many were up but I knew of a few! Good luck to  HF the rest of they way but I wasnt real impressed!

[quote name="77" post="1284298" timestamp="1348857371"]
[quote author=Cheater link=topic=103448.msg1284284#msg1284284 date=1348855622]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=103448.msg1284057#msg1284057 date=1348842286]
[/quote]
[/

[/quote]You took the words out of my mouth I didnt know haw many were up but I knew of a few! Good luck to  HF the rest of they way but I wasnt real impressed!
[/quote]

I was just bout to  this same thing WO-S has 4 or 5 stud freshman on jv

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin