Vidor begins prep for Nederland

AggiesAreWe

I'm leaning more for Ned the longer I study stats(if they matter)+ schedule strength.I have no reason to be against either so as a neutral poster I'll reveal what I found.True Clear Brooke(5a) best 0-3 team Vidor has played,what's Clear Brooke's Qb/passing stats=3 games LP-Katy 7 Lakes-Vidor=CB has attemted 22 tot passes,compl 7 for 167 tot yds=67 yds.per game & 2 ints.I'm sayin Vidor secondary has not been battle tested vs the teams they've played.Second how much overall team speed has Vidor faced.If your answer is 5a CB shouldn't they have attempted more passes 3-10-1 pic for 64 yds under CB's avg per game.

Another great article!  I remember sitting in the stands with less than a minute to play in the 4th qtr and when Ned's QB hurled the ball in the air it seemed as if the seconds on the clock were ticking so slow and the ball was spiraling in slow motion.  When they caught that ball on a 4th and long I think everybody's heart just stopped for a second.  As a fan I don't think I will ever forget that game. 

[quote name="liltex" post="1275763" timestamp="1348051956"]
I'm leaning more for Ned the longer I study stats(if they matter)+ schedule strength.I have no reason to be against either so as a neutral poster I'll reveal what I found.True Clear Brooke(5a) best 0-3 team Vidor has played,what's Clear Brooke's Qb/passing stats=3 games LP-Katy 7 Lakes-Vidor=CB has attemted 22 tot passes,compl 7 for 167 tot yds=67 yds.per game & 2 ints.I'm sayin Vidor secondary has not been battle tested vs the teams they've played.Second how much overall team speed has Vidor faced.If your answer is 5a CB shouldn't they have attempted more passes 3-10-1 pic for 64 yds under CB's avg per game.
[/quote]The secondary is the exact same as last year. All are returning starters.

As pirate girl mentioned the 4th down pass play makes me ask this question. If 2 defenders could not stop that play on 4th down to save the win how will they be able to stop the pass attack this year? Raines more accurate, Kimler,Shaw, Barrows more experienced and multiple tight ends are going to make that even tougher.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1276086" timestamp="1348079515"]
As pirate girl mentioned the 4th down pass play makes me ask this question. If 2 defenders could not stop that play on 4th down to save the win how will they be able to stop the pass attack this year? Raines more accurate, Kimler,Shaw, Barrows more experienced and multiple tight ends are going to make that even tougher.
[/quote]
That twenty yard pass was a big chunk of the 91 yards that Raines had that game. Kinda low considering his yards per game is 120 passing yards. Plus you gotta remember that 8 out of 11 of our defense starters are back and a year better and a year bigger and more experienced which should make it even more difficult for your offense to move on us.  8)

Exactly the Dogs return 8 starters on offense replacing 2 backs ,2 linemen everything else is  the same. Same argument we are a year wiser, bigger, faster and stronger like you say, but Carson is throwing more and better this year. Yes he had several picks last week but I give a lot of that credit to an outstanding Angleton team. The offense is more diversified than last year. Defenses are both loaded with a lot of experience but the question becomes if we load the box can Vidor pass enough. We shall see. GO DOGS!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1276245" timestamp="1348091973"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103356.msg1276086#msg1276086 date=1348079515]
As pirate girl mentioned the 4th down pass play makes me ask this question. If 2 defenders could not stop that play on 4th down to save the win how will they be able to stop the pass attack this year? [b]Raines more accurate[/b], Kimler,Shaw, Barrows more experienced and multiple tight ends are going to make that even tougher.
[/quote]
That twenty yard pass was a big chunk of the 91 yards that Raines had that game. Kinda low considering his yards per game is 120 passing yards. Plus you gotta remember that 8 out of 11 of our defense starters are back and a year better and a year bigger and more experienced which should make it even more difficult for your offense to move on us.  8)
[/quote]

Raines may be more accurate this year, but our boys are much better as a whole this year.  They are looking very good and you pretty much have the same match up as we all saw last year in the Vidor/Ned game and look how close it was.  People predicting Ned by 2 TD's is absurd!  Controling the ball is going to play a major factor for both teams and I think it comes down to a game that less than 20 points by each team are scored and the winner (Vidor) wins by three.  ;)

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1276610" timestamp="1348153990"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103356.msg1276245#msg1276245 date=1348091973]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103356.msg1276086#msg1276086 date=1348079515]
As pirate girl mentioned the 4th down pass play makes me ask this question. If 2 defenders could not stop that play on 4th down to save the win how will they be able to stop the pass attack this year? [b]Raines more accurate[/b], Kimler,Shaw, Barrows more experienced and multiple tight ends are going to make that even tougher.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Raines may be more accurate this year, but our boys are much better as a whole this year.  They are looking very good and you pretty much have the same match up as we all saw last year in the Vidor/Ned game and look how close it was.  People predicting Ned by 2 TD's is absurd!  Controling the ball is going to play a major factor for both teams and I think it comes down to a game that less than 20 points by each team are scored and the winner (Vidor) wins by three.  ;)
[/quote]

And its in Vidor this year..that might make up for those 3 points last year. And I bet the Pirates are determined more this year.

[quote name="Razor" post="1276645" timestamp="1348156116"]
While I agree that this is not likely to be a 2 TD game, but I am having a hard time with all of this talk about how much Vidor has improved, assuming that Nederland has not...does Vidor have the market cornered on off season improvement?
[/quote]
Are you kidding? Vidor has the market cornered on everything. That one-dimensional offense is really going to be a lot different this time around. And Nederland just showed back up after sitting on the couch all summer long while Vidor was going through 8 hours of extreme training every day. No way Nederland has improved, but Vidor, they are some thoroughbreds this year.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1276668" timestamp="1348157015"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=103356.msg1276645#msg1276645 date=1348156116]
While I agree that this is not likely to be a 2 TD game, but I am having a hard time with all of this talk about how much Vidor has improved, assuming that Nederland has not...does Vidor have the market cornered on off season improvement?
[/quote]
Are you kidding? Vidor has the market cornered on everything. That one-dimensional offense is really going to be a lot different this time around. And Nederland just showed back up after sitting on the couch all summer long while Vidor was going through 8 hours of extreme training every day. No way Nederland has improved, but Vidor, they are some thoroughbreds this year.
[/quote]

Finally someone that undersstands the situation!!! 8)

[/quote]
[/quote]

Both teams are playing good football...both have improved and matured from last season.  This will be a great match up against two well-coached teams. But no one wins the district title on the 28th....still alot of football left to play.

[quote name="Razor" post="1276645" timestamp="1348156116"]
[/quote]
Where did we ever say that Nederland has not improved? I can't find it on here. I simply pointed out that Vidor has improved just like Nederland has. Plain and simple.

[/quote]
Are you kidding? Vidor has the market cornered on everything. [b]That one-dimensional offense[/b] is really going to be a lot different this time around. And Nederland just showed back up after sitting on the couch all summer long while Vidor was going through 8 hours of extreme training every day. No way Nederland has improved, but Vidor, they are some thoroughbreds this year.
[/quote]

Nederland beat Vidor last yr. by 3 points..props for that, they are also the reigning district champs..standing ovation alright. Here's one thing though that one-dimensional team went as deep as Ned in the play-offs, but hey your posts are always entertaining...you keep pulling for them Dogs OK....but if you keep sucking down that haterade you gonna drown it.

[quote name="incognito" post="1277030" timestamp="1348181036"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103356.msg1276668#msg1276668 date=1348157015]
[/quote]
Are you kidding? Vidor has the market cornered on everything. [b]That one-dimensional offense[/b] is really going to be a lot different this time around. And Nederland just showed back up after sitting on the couch all summer long while Vidor was going through 8 hours of extreme training every day. No way Nederland has improved, but Vidor, they are some thoroughbreds this year.
[/quote]

Nederland beat Vidor last yr. by 3 points..props for that, they are also the reigning district champs..standing ovation alright. Here's one thing though that one-dimensional team went as deep as Ned in the play-offs, but hey your posts are always entertaining...you keep pulling for them Dogs OK....but if you keep sucking down that haterade you gonna drown it.
[/quote]

Kind of like y'all did last year, huh?  I, too, went and supported vidor in the playoffs last year as well...I have said it before, vidor has a really good team and wish them all the best, except next week

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi