Hemphill vs Buna

Gotta like the Coogs in this one with its' 2 headed rushing attack.  Ford will hurt you and Biddle will blow by you.  This is the Cougars last tuneup before their reentry into 3A football with a potential playoff implication game against Bridge City in Buna.  Personally, I would work on a few things against Hemphill , not worry about a W or L and be ready for BC, both game plan and injury wise.  The battle for 3rd place in 21-3A will be between Buna, BC and OF.  GO COUGARS!

I will go with Buna, on this one, because of Ford and Biddle also. If the passing game can kick in, it could possibly be a lopsided game. The Twine kid, well more like man, will have to be contained and Cougars defense will have to step up big time. I am hoping to see B. Tippett have his best game of the season on the defensive side of the ball, gotta make him mad some how and then let that big ox go to work. I don't know much about Hemphill's defense, but if it has gotten any better than last year, then this will be a tough battle. Good luck to both teams.

Stopping Twine..near impossible, slowing him down...easier said than done. However From what i've seen of the scores Hemphill is struggling with defense even more than last year. I think they will be playing "catch-up" almost every game just trying to outscore their opponent.

Going with my Cougs in this one. Should be a lot like last year just not as high scoring and without the buzzer thriller win.
Buna 42
Hemphill 34

I have heard around Hemphill that it could be his hamstring. When you're a burner like him those are tough to recover from. I personally think they should save him for district play, but he is a competitor and will be hard to keep him off the field. By the way, if you want to see a great game Friday night come to Tenaha as West Sabine takes on the defending state champs in 1A div.2. Starts @8, I believe.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin