All Time Hamshire Fannett Football Players

#62jjohnson

Im new to the forum , however i saw a list that was on here from a few years ago , that listed the top 10 players of all time at hamshire , although some i agree with and see the point to many players of the late 70's and early 80's were left out . Some went to college some didnt some went pro , but that shouldnt be the meter on to judge some of the players . here are some of them that need to mentioned in high regard : kenneth desohtel rb 1976-1978 all district 3 years , 2 time 1st team and 2 time outstanding back . charles desohtel 1976-1978 took over the reign at qb after the great les koening left as a sophmore 3 year starter , 1st team all district co outstanding back with his cousin kenneth . todd shellhammer d lineman 1976-1978 all district outstanding d lineman of 182A , robert sanders 1977-1978 all district back 1st team , joe farrow and milton basye all district lineman , eugene arceneaux the head huter 1976-1978 all district 2nd team (he was robbed) spearheaded that defense that had 5 shutouts that went 8-2 under 1st year coach the legendary phil danaher. ( hamshire should be kicking themselves in the back side for this one ) i hope i can get some nice longhorn debate going on about this , i also want to know about the teams from 88-96 , they put out a lot of great players had some great teams i need info on them .

i know flip johnson qb (all district 1st and second team 1979-1980 ) class of 81 , played for the buffalo bills for a few years . spencer george played for the tennesse titans ( the team that went to the super bowl ) felton malveaux , i heard went to the redskins for a second and played for the toranto argunauts . i was saying that just because a player didnt make pro doesnt take away from him beign  a great high school football player . it maybe a few more but i think a lot of the players went too colleges .

[quote name="imonlyoneman" post="1267343" timestamp="1347366806"]
Kris Gilmore, one of the more dominating TE's at the 7th Grade "B" team level. Kris came off the ball hard, maintained his block well and was able to catch the 5 yard deep ball routinely. Later dropped the sport to focus on running....the rest is HISTORY!!
[/quote]

:o

[quote name="imonlyoneman" post="1267343" timestamp="1347366806"]
Kris Gilmore, one of the more dominating TE's at the 7th Grade "B" team level. Kris came off the ball hard, maintained his block well and was able to catch the 5 yard deep ball routinely. Later dropped the sport to focus on running....the rest is HISTORY!!
[/quote]

This about sums up this thread, now doesn't it... ;D  ;D  ;D

There was a Desohtel playing when I played (1989) that was the best back in the area. HF also had a Malveaux that year that was right there with him. HF was the most dominant team by a long way. I was able to watch all of their playoff games that year as well.

the reasson for the thread is it seems to me that hamshire has had a lot of good and great players that has came through there , when im on the internet i see all kinds of schools pay homage to their great players via internet with pics of them and their high school football accomplishments , but i havent seen one with hamshire so im going by my experince and what i saw having graduated from there in 86 and i watched a ton of film when i was there going back to 73-85 , i knew a lot of these players and followed in their footsteps . i didnt get a chance to see the guys from 88-96 play , but i heard they were doing big things , im in northern va and i have been asked frequently when they find out im from tx whats up with high school footbal there yall are fanatics !!! but yall have legendary players that come out that state . the thread is for ex or current alumni that can help me with some research , not smart asses !!!! so people that could help , please do so .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1268148" timestamp="1347421932"]
the reasson for the thread is it seems to me that hamshire has had a lot of good and great players that has came through there , when im on the internet i see all kinds of schools pay homage to their great players via internet with pics of them and their high school football accomplishments , but i havent seen one with hamshire so im going by my experince and what i saw having graduated from there in 86 and i watched a ton of film when i was there going back to 73-85 , i knew a lot of these players and followed in their footsteps . i didnt get a chance to see the guys from 88-96 play , but i heard they were doing big things , im in northern va and i have been asked frequently when they find out im from tx whats up with high school footbal there yall are fanatics !!! but yall have legendary players that come out that state . the thread is for ex or current alumni that can help me with some research , not smart asses !!!! so people that could help , please do so .
[/quote]You wouldn't happen to be the infamous "FACE MAN" Johnson, would you ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder