What is everyones thoughts on your team after Week 1?

I think we have some good pieces to work with.  I think after week 1, I'm sure we'll battle for a playoff spot.  When you play a team and leave 6 td's and lose by a score,i  think you can correct those mistakes. I think we've found a. Emerging playmaker in Garrison Mitchell . I  also think that the Memorial fan that says our defense sucks and then backdoors and say that Ozen has a better defense must be smoking.  We lost to yall by 3 and yall beat Ozen by a lot more.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1266325" timestamp="1347234318"]
I think we have some good pieces to work with.  I think after week 1, I'm sure we'll battle for a playoff spot.  When you play a team and leave 6 td's and lose by a score,i  think you can correct those mistakes. I think we've found a. Emerging playmaker in Garrison Mitchell . I  also think that the Memorial fan that says our defense sucks and then backdoors and say that Ozen has a better defense must be smoking.  We lost to yall by 3 and yall beat Ozen by a lot more.
[/quote]

Folks seem to be overlooking Central, that might be a mistake......just saying.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1265939" timestamp="1347206273"]
I think the Pirates are on track but BC did show where we need work.  Our offense looked great, averaging over 9 yds per carry, but defensively our secondary had some holes in it and we sure didnt tackle very well this past week.  Clear Brook will be a real test to see if we can tackle better.  I know we didnt even attempt a pass Friday night, but I didnt expect us to show some of the wrinkles that are being worked on, at least until district play rolls around.  Overall, I like the team that we have and those kids are progressing.  Lets see how we do against a 5A opponent.
[/quote]
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1265732" timestamp="1347167366"]
I liked the last two rb's that played (#6 Martin and  #21 Dauphin) they have the first step you need, kinda reminds me of Holmes. The two  ofensive gaurds had horrible games. I'm pleased with the offense for now. They just need keep imporving each week.

I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.Brown may be a little over rated
[/quote]Try racing him in the hurdles :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1266325" timestamp="1347234318"]
I think we have some good pieces to work with.  I think after week 1, I'm sure we'll battle for a playoff spot.  When you play a team and leave 6 td's and lose by a score,i  think you can correct those mistakes. I think we've found a. Emerging playmaker in Garrison Mitchell .
[/quote]

I told ya Soulja that yall would get a playoff spot and make some noise.

[quote name="bh15" post="1267122" timestamp="1347329284"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=102829.msg1265732#msg1265732 date=1347167366]
I liked the last two rb's that played (#6 Martin and  #21 Dauphin) they have the first step you need, kinda reminds me of Holmes. The two  ofensive gaurds had horrible games. I'm pleased with the offense for now. They just need keep imporving each week.

I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.Brown may be a little over rated
[/quote]Try racing him in the hurdles :D
[/quote] No way!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1265732" timestamp="1347167366"]

[b]I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.Brown may be a little over rated[/b]
[/quote]

Why bash Brown...these kids play hard, each one has their own strengths and weaknesses.

[quote name="incognito" post="1267150" timestamp="1347330492"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=102829.msg1265732#msg1265732 date=1347167366]

[b]I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.Brown may be a little over rated[/b]
[/quote]

Why bash Brown...these kids play hard, each one has their own strengths and weaknesses.
[/quote]That wasn't a bash. He needs to make his presence felt when steps on the field, he has to want to make open field tackles. If you have offers from every SEC  school you're suppose to be the difference maker.

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1267653" timestamp="1347388110"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=102829.msg1266350#msg1266350 date=1347235783]
[b]Exposed[/b],  and we will find out Friday if we Expose who we are or who we will be.  (Vidor)
[/quote]
Pirates are definatley better than last year at this point. Especially in the secondary!!
[/quote]

The competition was much better last year to this point.  Bridge City lost everyone from last year and our JV team could have beat SF.  What makes you think I was refering to the secondary in my post.  Clear Brook passes as much as we do, so we will find out this week where we stand as a team.  Both offense and defense.  This year it looks like the first time we will play somebody good it will be our last preseason game.  This test will let us know how we will really do in our first game against the Dogs.  Hopefully we do well Friday but there were alot of things Exposed when we played Bridge City and I hope they can get them fixed before District.

[quote name="MWhizzie000" post="1268037" timestamp="1347414548"]
With Greyland Arnold starting the whole game lol and our defense the speed our team has and the discipline they have at such a young age, Kountze we finally have something to wreckin with. Bring on trinity we ready
[/quote] what offense does Kountze run?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder