What is everyones thoughts on your team after Week 1?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the last two rb's that played (#6 Martin and  #21 Dauphin) they have the first step you need, kinda reminds me of Holmes. The two  ofensive gaurds had horrible games. I'm pleased with the offense for now. They just need keep imporving each week.

I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.Brown may be a little over rated

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1265732" timestamp="1347167366"]
I liked the last two rb's that played (#6 Martin and  #21 Dauphin) they have the first step you need, kinda reminds me of Holmes. The two  ofensive gaurds had horrible games. I'm pleased with the offense for now. They just need keep imporving each week.

I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.[b]Brown may be a little over rated[/b]
[/quote] you the 2nd person ive seen say this. OUCH!  :o

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1265741" timestamp="1347167794"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=102829.msg1265732#msg1265732 date=1347167366]

I'll take Jenkins over Toney Brown.[b]Brown may be a little over rated[/b]
[/quote] you the 2nd person ive seen say this. OUCH!  :o
[/quote]He doesn't want to tackle, and the pick he had was an over thrown ball Romar could have picked off.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1265811" timestamp="1347195599"]
Montgomery survived their first two games and did much better than expected. Based on the rest of the district's performance, they could very well be the favorites to win district. We'll see how it goes though.
[/quote]Much respect for Montgomery. Y'all probably had the toughest 1st 2 games of anyone! Hope the kids there aren't too beat up after playing such physical teams. Will definitely help them when playoff time comes around.

I think the Pirates are on track but BC did show where we need work.  Our offense looked great, averaging over 9 yds per carry, but defensively our secondary had some holes in it and we sure didnt tackle very well this past week.  Clear Brook will be a real test to see if we can tackle better.  I know we didnt even attempt a pass Friday night, but I didnt expect us to show some of the wrinkles that are being worked on, at least until district play rolls around.  Overall, I like the team that we have and those kids are progressing.  Lets see how we do against a 5A opponent.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1265944" timestamp="1347206852"]
We have some work to do on both sides of the ball. Going to have to get these injuries resolved. As far as [b]Tony Brown[/b], Tony caught the eyes of who he needed to and will capitalize on whichever opportunity he takes. Tony as well as the rest of the team have room for improvement.
[/quote]

Brown seems to be a good prospect.

For the Trojans our offensive line needs to get better and get in shape.  We have to eliminate turning the ball over.  The defense looked pretty good, but u could tell we really missed #3.  We got to do a better job of tackling also.  I know the loss hurts, but hopefully this will wake the kids up to practice harder this week because the schedule doesn't get any easier with #1 La Marque this week. 

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1265939" timestamp="1347206273"]
I think the Pirates are on track but BC did show where we need work.  Our offense looked great, averaging over 9 yds per carry, but defensively our secondary had some holes in it and we [b]sure didnt tackle very well this past week[/b].  Clear Brook will be a real test to see if we can tackle better.  I know we didnt even attempt a pass Friday night, but I didnt expect us to show some of the wrinkles that are being worked on, at least until district play rolls around.  Overall, I like the team that we have and those kids are progressing.  Lets see how we do against a 5A opponent.
[/quote]
Against Brook you will need to tackle well.......should be a good game

BH has looked good in its first two games against lesser competition. The BH offense needs to develope that 2nd goto back as only 1 and the QB are carrying the offfense right now. Defense is looking better than i expected since we lost a lost on D, but they have been doing a great job. Overall I think they are playing at midseason form right now which will only get better.

So far JASPER has beaten the teams we are supposed to. We haven't had a real challenge yet, though. The verdict is still out. But, I am cautiously optimistic. WO-S and Carthage (although the latter has somewhat struggled out the gate) will be the measuring sticks.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1266256" timestamp="1347226990"]
We played AWESOME!............. for 2 1/2 quarters [out of 8].  Too bad they weren't at the right times.  :o
We still need LOTS of work,  but [i]only[/i] on throwing, catching, running, tackling and pass protection.  Yeah,  I think that just about covers it.
[/quote]Funny stuff.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder