Houston Lamar @ West Brook-Predictions

I'm not sure what to think about this potential matchup. If memory serves me correctly, and this is straight from memory, the only time West Brook and Lamar have played, was in the third round of the 1990 playoffs, in the Astrodome, in which Lamar's stingy defense shut out the Brook, 10-0. Anyway, I like the potential of the "hurry up" offense WB is running. If the Bruins can limit the mistakes, and turnovers, then I think the Brook can play with the Redskins. Defense was ok, in spurts last night, but still has alot to do to be effective for 4 quarters. But, its a totally new defensive scheme they're playing. Granted, WB has a very young team, and has alot to improve on, but I like the philosophy Flanagan is trying to implement. I think WB will only get better. Your thoughts?

Good to see clack come and give the deep threat for the brook, no disrespect to Padia who's a junior but remove the pic Clack threw and the offense was moving the ball and controlling the clock. Also was good to see the defense have a back back bone and step up, they get help from turnovers but the D line gave central a fit! Tell you what Westbrook is young but looks like they are catching on quick! Saturday will tell how well Clack can run the offense and if the defense is really coming together Houston Lamar will bring a good team!! 

Ive seen some film on Houston Lamar and they have a few good athletes but over all if Clack can run the Quick Offense and limit turnovers I believe they can score with any of the Teams, its goin to come down to Defense and coming off a much improved game Friday, looks like the defense has guys stepping up!

WB 38
HL  31

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1266955" timestamp="1347318494"]
Whats crosbys record against dayton last 10 years. Cougtalk should show some respect for a real program like dayton. Back to wb vs hl. Lamar will have alot of talent havent seen wb but after seeing what hl did to elkins I would have to give the edge to hl. But who knows thats why you play the game.
[/quote]

LoL give it up Elkins was bad and you barely scraped a win out.

[quote name="BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN" post="1267238" timestamp="1347339297"]
I was looking at Lamar's roster and seem there quarterbacks name Darrel Colbert jr..Is he related to West Brook's end form the 82" championship team Darrel Colbert.
[/quote]Could be. I spoke to Darrel, on Saturday, about the upcoming 30th Anniversary State Championship Tailgate Party, and his phone number had a 713 area code. If I see him, this Saturday, I will ask him.

okay folks, i hate to say it,but brook grabs a "L" this week. lamar always have good teams. PAM is 3-2 against them from the past meetings. the last time we faced them they beat us in 4 ots(thanks colbert!!). thinking brook gets handled 35-21. fyi, i wouldn't use central as a measuring stick. not bashing central,just saying you can't use them as a stick because on offense,mitchell is really it. defense,well i won't touch.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1268461" timestamp="1347469431"]
okay folks, i hate to say it,but brook grabs a "L" this week. lamar always have good teams. PAM is 3-2 against them from the past meetings. [b]the last time we faced them they beat us in 4 ots(thanks colbert!!). [/b] thinking brook gets handled 35-21. fyi, i wouldn't use central as a measuring stick. not bashing central,just saying you can't use them as a stick because on offense,mitchell is really it. defense,well i won't touch.
[/quote] Preach! Single-handedly ran Jamaal into the ground that game, i was talking to Soulja bout that days ago.

I think this will be a close game though, apparently this nascar-like spread attack WB has is potent when it gets going.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1268468" timestamp="1347469992"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=102789.msg1268461#msg1268461 date=1347469431]
okay folks, i hate to say it,but brook grabs a "L" this week. lamar always have good teams. PAM is 3-2 against them from the past meetings. [b]the last time we faced them they beat us in 4 ots(thanks colbert!!). [/b] thinking brook gets handled 35-21. fyi, i wouldn't use central as a measuring stick. not bashing central,just saying you can't use them as a stick because on offense,mitchell is really it. defense,well i won't touch.
[/quote] Preach! Single-handedly ran Jamaal into the ground that game, i was talking to Soulja bout that days ago.

[b]I think this will be a close game though, apparently this nascar-like spread attack WB has is potent when it gets going[/b].
[/quote]YES! If, and when, WB gets that offense going, its going to give defenses fits. I saw glimpses of it against Central, and the poor Jaguar defense couldn't keep up. Give WB a couple more weeks to get things ironed out, and the Brook could be a handful come district. ;)

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1268530" timestamp="1347474411"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102789.msg1268468#msg1268468 date=1347469992]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=102789.msg1268461#msg1268461 date=1347469431]

[b]I think this will be a close game though, apparently this nascar-like spread attack WB has is potent when it gets going[/b].
[/quote]YES! If, and when, WB gets that offense going, its going to give defenses fits. I saw glimpses of it against Central, and the poor Jaguar defense couldn't keep up. Give WB a couple more weeks to get things ironed out, and the Brook could be a handful come district. ;)
[/quote] just leave it at home on Nov. 2nd  ;) :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder