Hardin at Tarkington Game Thread/Tarkington wins 20-19!

WOSgrad

Tarkington will have to play better than they did last night to beat Cleveland and Liberty, but they can. They made too many sophomoric mistakes. IMHO, they will play with Cleveland and Liberty, and they showed something new for Tarkington. They did not hang their heads and give up when they were behind. They fought back and won, a new course for Tarkington. It looks like these kids and their coaches have worked hard. Good luck to them.

[quote name="paintballove" post="1266849" timestamp="1347309297"]
[quote author=I_Can_Do_It_ALL! link=topic=102734.msg1264517#msg1264517 date=1347082061]
Great job Tarkington!! 2-0, watch out Liberty and Cleveland!!
[/quote]

not so sure Liberty needs to watch out....  ;)

granted though, good to see Tarkington up 2-0
[/quote]
Yeah, I love to see the underdog do well, but a Cinderella team this year, probably not.  Next year???

No one got rid of Haynes.  He resigned. They decide not to rehire him after that.  Hardin is going to get better.  It may not be this year, but it will occur.  People should get behind this team/school/community and getting better would come quicker.  Naysayers don't help.  This team is learning a new offense, a new defense, learning how to run block and tackle better, which was not instilled over the last 4 years.  It was pass block and going over offense.  Be patient, better yet, go help and support them. 

Hardin keep your heads up,  keep learning and never give up, these boys want to win and take defeat personally,  know that your community supports you. 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="mfd814" post="1268492" timestamp="1347471698"]
No one got rid of Haynes.  He resigned. They decide not to rehire him after that.  Hardin is going to get better.  It may not be this year, but it will occur.  People should get behind this team/school/community and getting better would come quicker.  Naysayers don't help.  This team is learning a new offense, a new defense, learning how to run block and tackle better, which was not instilled over the last 4 years.  It was pass block and going over offense.  Be patient, better yet, go help and support them. 

Hardin keep your heads up,  keep learning and never get up, these boys want to win and take defeat personally,  know that your community supports you.
[/quote]

Great post, mfd. Refreshing to see class on display.  8)

Yeah great post cause i'm sure hardin just never practiced defense or run blocking in the past 5 years. Just offense and passing. I'm sure a coach who has been one of the most successful coaches in SETX history and has most of his wins at the 4A AND 5A level would decide to only work on passing game and offense and ignore all other aspects of the game. Dont forget that in the 4 years that you are saying they didnt run block or work on defense they won the only 2 playoff games in school history and had an all state linebacker and a running back set the school record with over 1700 yards rushing. you people are so clueless that its comical. Good luck to fortune and the kids but maybe Hardin should quit acting like they havent been coached at all in the past 5 years. It was the winningest 5 year stretch in school history.

Practing offense for 2 hours plus and going over defense for 30 mins or less is great coaching ?  Haynes was great at coaching the spread.  He also did a great job coaching the QB.  Hardin has not been that good off and on over the last 15 yrs that I know of,  every now and then they have a good season.  Being negative and boasting your 0 and 10 predicition is going to come true is awesome.  I just ask that people support the team. Negativity is infectious.  If you are used to losing, being kicked while you are down it is difficult to rise above it without support.  It takes people believing in you,belief in yourself, teamwork , ability and hard work.  Just get behind the kids there now. They dont want to be like the old Hornets, they want to be the Hornet of the future.

So you were at the practices, I guess you were on the coaching staff huh since you know what their practice schedule. thats silly to suggest that a coach would ignore the defensive side of the ball. It's just not true. Once again, while Haynes was there they had an all state LB and a RB set the School record with1700 yds rushing in a season, That would be impossible to achieve if a coach only coached the spread and his QBs and ignored the other side of the ball. Not trying to be negative I just think its funny how people get on here and bash the former coaches like they did and still do. Go look up Haynes Resume, There is no way you can win over 75% of your games by only coaching the spread and ignoring defense. HAVE A CLUE.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="JG1834" post="1268547" timestamp="1347475712"]
So you were at the practices, I guess you were on the coaching staff huh since you know what their practice schedule. thats silly to suggest that a coach would ignore the defensive side of the ball. It's just not true. Once again, while Haynes was there they had an all state LB and a RB set the School record with1700 yds rushing in a season, That would be impossible to achieve if a coach only coached the spread and his QBs and ignored the other side of the ball. Not trying to be negative I just think its funny how people get on here and bash the former coaches like they did and still do. Go look up Haynes Resume, There is no way you can win over 75% of your games by only coaching the spread and ignoring defense. HAVE A CLUE.
[/quote]

Larry Haynes son has been posting here for years using different user names.  Looks like he has another new handle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin