Hardin at Tarkington Game Thread/Tarkington wins 20-19!

WOSgrad

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1264753" timestamp="1347117523"]
Tarkington will have to play better than they did last night to beat Cleveland and Liberty, but they can. They made too many sophomoric mistakes. IMHO, they will play with Cleveland and Liberty, and they showed something new for Tarkington. They did not hang their heads and give up when they were behind. They fought back and won, a new course for Tarkington. It looks like these kids and their coaches have worked hard. Good luck to them.
[/quote]

So they beat HARDIN.. who lost to HD and all of a sudden they're 55 points better than last year? Liberty beat them 63-8... doubt they need to "watch out" You ppl amuse the heck outta me! LOL

[quote name="paintballove" post="1266849" timestamp="1347309297"]
[quote author=I_Can_Do_It_ALL! link=topic=102734.msg1264517#msg1264517 date=1347082061]
Great job Tarkington!! 2-0, watch out Liberty and Cleveland!!
[/quote]

not so sure Liberty needs to watch out....  ;)

granted though, good to see Tarkington up 2-0
[/quote]

I agree, glad Tarkington has improved. Lets not over-do it though.  ???

[quote name="JG1834" post="1268547" timestamp="1347475712"]
So you were at the practices, I guess you were on the coaching staff huh since you know what their practice schedule. thats silly to suggest that a coach would ignore the defensive side of the ball. It's just not true. Once again, while Haynes was there they had an all state LB and a RB set the School record with1700 yds rushing in a season, That would be impossible to achieve if a coach only coached the spread and his QBs and ignored the other side of the ball. Not trying to be negative I just think its funny how people get on here and bash the former coaches like they did and still do. Go look up Haynes Resume, There is no way you can win over 75% of your games by only coaching the spread and ignoring defense. HAVE A CLUE.
[/quote]

2 things:

1.  Haynes was and is a good coach.  He did the spread because that's the kind of kids he had.  Accurate qb, good athletes, etc.. I do not agree that they didn't focus on defense..  ?  that's just crazy.
2.  No way 1700 yards is the school record for rushing in a season.  I've been following Hardin for years, and the years that they've been "good" they've had some talent.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1269052" timestamp="1347532842"]
[quote author=belle-mere link=topic=102734.msg1264753#msg1264753 date=1347117523]
Tarkington will have to play better than they did last night to beat Cleveland and Liberty, but they can. They made too many sophomoric mistakes. IMHO, they will play with Cleveland and Liberty, and they showed something new for Tarkington. They did not hang their heads and give up when they were behind. They fought back and won, a new course for Tarkington. It looks like these kids and their coaches have worked hard. Good luck to them.
[/quote]

So they beat HARDIN.. who lost to HD and all of a sudden they're 55 points better than last year? Liberty beat them 63-8... doubt they need to "watch out" You ppl amuse the heck outta me! LOL
[/quote]

Tarkington is not the same team they were last year just as Liberty is not the same. Tarkington has improved alot and played bad against Hardin. Liberty was alot better last year from what I hear, Fitzwater was a big loss to them so I think they are struggling to find an identity right now and it is showing in the scores. Not saying Tarkington will beat Liberty but they will close the gap this year for sure due to their improvements and Liberty's decline.

1700 Yds is alot of yards man, I'm not Haynes son, I played LB for him in high school and He definietly coached every player on the team including me. Even though I'm not his son I think of him as a father, and when people try to make it sound like he doesnt care about all the kids on his team it bugs me. Haynes made me a better man and because of that I'm a better Father. Just don't make up lies dude.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1269141" timestamp="1347547754"]
63-8 gap leaves a lot of room for closure. The teams liberty has been playing are on a totally different level from the teams tarkington has. Scores are out the window in this discussion. Not to mention liberty has been missing 2500 yds of offense. (Antoine and Jones)
[/quote]

The teams Liberty has been playing are much better and missing those two kids does hurt but think about this if they dont have a kid that can throw the ball to them and an oline that cant block for them their stats at the end of this year will look much different then last year, they are a different TEAM then they were last year. We will just have to see what happens week 10 and see what state both programs are in at that time.

[quote name="cat001" post="1269164" timestamp="1347550225"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102734.msg1269141#msg1269141 date=1347547754]
63-8 gap leaves a lot of room for closure. The teams liberty has been playing are on a totally different level from the teams tarkington has. Scores are out the window in this discussion. Not to mention liberty has been missing 2500 yds of offense. (Antoine and Jones)
[/quote]

The teams Liberty has been playing are much better and missing those two kids does hurt but think about this if they dont have a kid that can throw the ball to them and an oline that cant block for them their stats at the end of this year will look much different then last year, they are a different TEAM then they were last year. We will just have to see what happens week 10 and see what state both programs are in at that time.
[/quote]

They're not 55 points worse, trust me. Congrats and good luck to Tarkington on a successful season though.

No one said he doesn't care about kids. I am sure he does.  Since you were All state at Hardin,  Help the future players, by pumping them up, giving them pointers, go talk to them as often as you can , send a letter to the new AD for them team.  Don't get on a message board they read and be happy your 0 and 10 prediction might come true.  Let them know it is possible to turn things around.  These boys want to win and they have a few athletes and they are headed in the right direction. 

Good luck to you Hornets, never give up.

Didn't play at Hardin and I definitely wasn't all state. I'm am not trying to make a prediction or being happy about it, smply saying that if they dont beat west hardin district 10-AA may be the best 2A district in the state. Good luck to the kids and fortune, but just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean he's bashing the kids. You get on hear and actually single out coaches and say they arent coaching all of the kids, but I'm the one causing problems. If you are trying to be all high and mighty and tell everyone to be super positive and teach kids the right way, maybe you shouldnt post things about coaches on the same site you said the kids read. That teaches them to question coaches and hurts the process just as bad buddy.

Guest hardin01
JG- HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

I MADE THE PREDICTION OF 0-10 AND IT BOTHERED HIM, BECAUSE HE KNOWS ITS THE TRUTH.

By the way, 1600 yards by Villimez is the single season rushing record.

I predict every year, who in our area will make the playoffs, and what record they will have that season. He thinks that is a negativie connotation, because he is bitter.

I'd like to know what year(s) he played in Hardin!?!? Must have been one of those weak, 80's or 90's teams.

Oh, and you want me to support the community? Ok, I spend personal time with the youth, and you will see a team around 2021-2023 WIN state. Just be patient and endure the losing seasons ahead.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1269141" timestamp="1347547754"]
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, why are you on this thread bashing Tarkington?  So Liberty beat Tarkington by a lot last year, big deal.  Everyone did! Tarkington is improving.  They are better this year than last year.  They have won a couple games and should be happy with their improvement.  I don't care if it is against the worst teams in the state, THEY WON! What is so great about Liberty that Tarkington couldn't sneak up and spank that rear? 

I think Hardin might go 1 and 9 or 0 and 10 this year, but I Know each kid will get better, the team will get better and I support them. MV is a good player, very proud of him.  He isn't the best that came out,  he is up there with Bolds, Grey, Reescano.  Bolds and Grey both went over 1000 yds 1 season, Bolds had nearly 1700 alone. I'll get that stat for you.  I look forward to seeing the future come up,

I did not play for Hardin.

Guest HDBobcatFuneralDirector
Hardin and Hull kids play hard, Good Luck Hornets, I hope for the best. Keep playing as hard as yall did against Tarkington and good things will come

Guest basketball2012
Mv wasn't good he was great and he's showing what type a player he is at blinn right now and don't forget about marsh either, That guy did wonders in Haynes offense and so did Nolan..

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1272377" timestamp="1347721214"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102734.msg1269141#msg1269141 date=1347547754]
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, why are you on this thread bashing Tarkington?  So Liberty beat Tarkington by a lot last year, big deal.  Everyone did! Tarkington is improving.  They are better this year than last year.  They have won a couple games and should be happy with their improvement.  I don't care if it is against the worst teams in the state, THEY WON! What is so great about Liberty that Tarkington couldn't sneak up and spank that rear?
[/quote]

I do as I please without giving explanations to irrelevant people such as yourself.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1273213" timestamp="1347760238"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=102734.msg1272377#msg1272377 date=1347721214]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I do as I please without giving explanations to irrelevant people such as yourself.
[/quote]
:'( :'( can't we all just get along??

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1273259" timestamp="1347762159"]
You're my commercial entertainment, Texas is up 17-7 all is well my way. Seems as though you're a lil in your feelings however. Oh well.
[/quote]
How about we both get off this thread, I'm pretty sure the Tarkington and Hardin people could care less what we think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder