Top Ten Players in SETX......

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267268" timestamp="1347347963"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102488.msg1267261#msg1267261 date=1347347268]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Lna8Bhsgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_jJN2cp8g&feature=relmfu

Rushing
Jordan Jones 38 280 7.37 4

Receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

Rushing
Jordan Jones 68 724 10.65 11

Receiving
Jordan Jones 47 634 13 3

This the kid you're calling trash? I smell a HATER!! rofl!

Excluding special teams stats.. lol
[/quote]

Did I once call him trash?  The answer is no.  Don't make statements that have no grounds.

I watched both highlight films, and I'm praying that he didn't send the one with the god awful music to colleges.  If he did, that one got thrown directly into the trash. 

Just to be clear, [b]He has never had a 1000 yard rushing or receiving season?[/b]  Just as I suspected.  Good player, far from great.  5'10 150 lbs??!  Probably should've hit the weights a little harder this offseason and put on some weight.
[/quote]

You're sad. Btw, you didn't have to literally say trash to have implied it. As far as 1000 yds in one category, I suppose he spent too much time doing both. Give it a rest.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267270" timestamp="1347348070"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102488.msg1267266#msg1267266 date=1347347822]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102488.msg1267248#msg1267248 date=1347340638]
Jones from Liberty, over-looked because he goes to Liberty.
[/quote]

What about this post ^^^ has you so fired up and ready to down this kid lil guy?
[/quote]

[b]I'm not downing him, I am downing you.  I have REPEATEDLY said he was a good player.  You keep saying, "if Jones plays, Liberty will beat Buna, if not, they lose".  I'm simply pointing out that he is not the difference maker you are trying to make him out to be.  Liberty is bad whether or not he is on the field.  But at least they had a good showing in 7 on 7![/b]
[/quote]

That's your idea of downing me? I awful at a lot I see, very versatile. When Jones was in v jasper he had 60 yds in 1q. Hudson finished the night with 60 yds passing, go figure. With him the score was 14-7, without him the score was 49-13. As far as the without him, without him argument, I stand by it. Ex; with Tyler Wilson Arkansas would've most likely dismantled ULM, without him they lost. Doesn't mean any disrespect to the team, but when you lose your centerpiece, it can be devastating. Now, I ask you.. the grounds for your stance are what? Oh ok, thought so.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267258" timestamp="1347346109"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102488.msg1267248#msg1267248 date=1347340638]
Jones from Liberty, over-looked because he goes to Liberty.
[/quote]

[b]Yeah, also don't forget the other ballers on that 0-2 Liberty team.  They are definately in the top 10 players in ALL OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS!! Jones would be lucky to be in the top 50. [/b]
[/quote]

Anything else? He'd be lucky to be top 50? He couldn't play d-1? Ok guy.

Guest incognito123
A wise man once said that when you bang your head against a brick wall, the only one who suffers is you. 

You are that brick well.  Logic and reason don't apply here.  I am stepping away and choosing to never engage you in conversation again.  Good luck.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267278" timestamp="1347349052"]
A wise man once said that when you bang your head against a brick wall, the only one who suffers is you. 

You are that brick well.  Logic and reason don't apply here.  I am stepping away and choosing to never engage you in conversation again.  Good luck.
[/quote]

[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1267277#msg1267277 date=1347348967]
When did I EVER say that I was STILL in college? Smh, you my friend are definitely not the brightest crayon. Just a minute ago I was "Cord" then I was a h/s student. Make up your mind. Actually, go to sleep I'm done. My intellect drops every time I read these highly unintelligent posts of yours. ROFL!
[/quote]

Hmm.. mighty fine timing being that I just said the same thing a minute before in the liberty v buna thread. Smh, you've shown the world what we all already knew.

[quote name="jwp395" post="1264677" timestamp="1347109378"]
Tony Brown is not even the best Db in SETX Jalen Barnes is from PAM Tony is a camp guy that's why he got all them offers Jalen way more physical better coverage but slower I didn't know if y'all notice but last year SEALES #11 from PAM made Tony brown his lil female in the game
[/quote]How many offers Jalen Barnes have??

[quote name="Gucci" post="1267660" timestamp="1347389937"]
[quote author=jwp395 link=topic=102488.msg1264677#msg1264677 date=1347109378]
Tony Brown is not even the best Db in SETX Jalen Barnes is from PAM Tony is a camp guy that's why he got all them offers Jalen way more physical better coverage but slower I didn't know if y'all notice but last year SEALES #11 from PAM made Tony brown his lil female in the game
[/quote]How many offers Jalen Barnes have??
[/quote]

Jalen had several offers and choose Utah to my understanding. Seales ate Brown lunch and snagged on him in double coverage on his way to Ok St. So Brown shoudn't be ashame he got hit up. Ozen fans shoud remember there highly touted DB recruit Ben Wells to UT . Yes that worked out well

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Hey! This is a forum of opinions last time I logged on. The topic of this particular thread is Top Ten Players in SETX and people are entitled to their opinions. If you don't agree FINE, no sleep lost here but really the comments made about the kids that people have listed are ^%*&((^&* to say the least. Agree or disagree and move on, there's no need to "bash" or point out anything negative about any child. I commend any child that's out there and willing to put in the work to go to the next level. Heck I don't agree with alot of things posted and I'm entitled to my opinion. I hope the kids don't get on here and feed into the negativity. If my child is walking down the street and is offered a scholarship, you better believe I won't be mad that he didn't get the offer at a camp or after a game. Ok I'm off my soapbox now and waiting for the backlash.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1267832" timestamp="1347401377"]
I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Hey! This is a forum of opinions last time I logged on. The topic of this particular thread is Top Ten Players in SETX and people are entitled to their opinions. If you don't agree FINE, no sleep lost here but really the comments made about the kids that people have listed are ^%*&((^&* to say the least. Agree or disagree and move on, there's no need to "bash" or point out anything negative about any child. I commend any child that's out there and willing to put in the work to go to the next level. Heck I don't agree with alot of things posted and I'm entitled to my opinion. I hope the kids don't get on here and feed into the negativity. If my child is walking down the street and is offered a scholarship, you better believe I won't be mad that he didn't get the offer at a camp or after a game. Ok I'm off my soapbox now and waiting for the backlash.
[/quote]like it.

[/quote]You won't get much backlash when you speak logically. Good post, as always!  ;)

[/quote] 8) ;)

I will comment on the issue of what has turned into a really bad thread which went from being Top 10 players to my teams player is better than him or Tony Brown is overratted... First off Tony Brown might be the most talented player in S.E.T.X and probably one of the most talented to ever come out of the area. People should stop comparing him to other athletes and pointing out who made a play on him. Bottom line he is only a junior so who really cares if Seales scored a big play on him when he was a Soph. Seales was a Sr. and ended up at a D-1 School, wow when Seales was a Soph no one even knew who he was.. You guys are watching a young talent develop into what many of the nations top coaches are probably considering the #1 DB recruit in his class remember he still has another season left. You cant even really compare the Barnes kid to Tony b/c bottom line he is just now coming into his own and just recently recieved offers from D-1 schools.. Compare their stats.. Tony started as freshmen and look at his numbers from that year, tell me how many athletes in this area contributed those types of numbers on the Varsity level are better yet how many freshmen have played on the varsity level in 4A ball and put up numbers like that.. He is a young kid who works hard and is reaping the benefits of his hard work so to say negative things over this website is truly wrong... Sounds to me like some are really just HATING  ;) ;)

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1268130" timestamp="1347419942"]
I will comment on the issue of what has turned into a really bad thread which went from being Top 10 players to my teams player is better than him or Tony Brown is overratted... First off Tony Brown might be the most talented player in S.E.T.X and probably one of the most talented to ever come out of the area. People should stop comparing him to other athletes and pointing out who made a play on him. Bottom line he is only a junior so who really cares if Seales scored a big play on him when he was a Soph. Seales was a Sr. and ended up at a D-1 School, wow when Seales was a Soph no one even knew who he was.. You guys are watching a young talent develop into what many of the nations top coaches are probably considering the #1 DB recruit in his class remember he still has another season left. You cant even really compare the Barnes kid to Tony b/c bottom line he is just now coming into his own and just recently recieved offers from D-1 schools.. Compare their stats.. Tony started as freshmen and look at his numbers from that year, tell me how many athletes in this area contributed those types of numbers on the Varsity level are better yet how many freshmen have played on the varsity level in 4A ball and put up numbers like that.. He is a young kid who works hard and is reaping the benefits of his hard work so to say negative things over this website is truly wrong... Sounds to me like some are really just HATING  ;) ;)
[/quote]

No reason to hate on any kid who is out there playing. These kids are not getting paid so who really cares who's the better player. Instead of throwing names around congratulate the kids for their accomplisments. Consider it an honor that the Brown kid has numerous offers and stop stating that the kid is over-rated. He must be doing something right. As far as knowing who Seales was it doesn't matter because it only took one season for him to get a D1 offer. So with that being said Encourage the kids and be Grateful that they were/are among the ones who made it out of Southeast Texas.

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1268130" timestamp="1347419942"]
[/quote]

Why is it when people express their OPINION it is "HATING "? Tis is a forum thread without opinions there wouldn't be a forum. No one I think is hating on Tony Brown as a person. As far as playing as a Freshman man that team was past bad like 3-7. I don't recall no one saying that he doesn't have the measurables to be pretty damn good. All the comments is saying that some time the hype is more then the talent. Seales hit the scene in Port Arthur after a 7 catch 200 yard 3 TD spring game his Soph year. So if you don't know something fill free to ask. He also tore up the camps as a Junior to get himself in postion to "EARN"  his D1 scholarship to numerous schools. Tony is the hype that is college recruiting the kid from Vidor does it all with little are no fan fare. Then people want to know how can the miltary schools play with Notre Dame now?  I just gave you a classic example.

The Highest Rated players in the Golden Triangle according to the recruiting websites are, Tony Brown, DJ Dean (Newton) Travon Blanchard (WOS) Jalen Barnes (PA Memorial). Colin Janice (WOS) Mathew Romar (PA Memorial) Quentin Tezeno (WOS) and Jmarcus Rhodes( WOS) in that Order..

It can honestly be argued that the in terms of ability if you flip that list upside down then the list could also be accurate..

IMO honest opinion from seeing Tony Brown I wasn't impressed, but I will watch him again and maybe that will change. A lot of people saying he is all this and all that have not seen him play in person..

Now with that said I wish that young man all the best in the world!and Hope he proves everybody wrong including me..

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1268601" timestamp="1347480715"]
The Highest Rated players in the Golden Triangle according to the recruiting websites are, Tony Brown, DJ Dean (Newton) Travon Blanchard (WOS) Jalen Barnes (PA Memorial). Colin Janice (WOS) Mathew Romar (PA Memorial) Quentin Tezeno (WOS) and Jmarcus Rhodes( WOS) in that Order..

It can honestly be argued that the in terms of ability if you flip that list upside down then the list could also be accurate..

IMO honest opinion from seeing Tony Brown I wasn't impressed, but I will watch him again and maybe that will change. A lot of people saying he is all this and all that have not seen him play in person..

Now with that said I wish that young man all the best in the world!and Hope he proves everybody wrong including me..
[/quote]

It's not about the best player these days.. it's about the best player at CERTAIN SCHOOLS. Period. Many kids from smaller schools don't get the looks or opportunities, goes with a post someone made earlier...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder