Top Ten Players in SETX......

Tony's a good kid. He would be as asset to any school in my opinion. I also believe that every player has room for improvement including Tony. Tony's a whiz in the classroom in addition to what he has to offer on the football field and track as a JUNIOR. Good luck to him in his endeavors.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dissing any player on this list,but you're missing the best player ever from Setx and he's about to shatter every kick record for the entire state.Juan Carranco-Dayton.He needs 9 fgs to tie-10 to break record of 48 career fgs.Set record last yr 22 fgs in a season,tied for most in a game w/5 is now the #3 rec holder.Sitting @#8 all time w/170 career Pats=Needs 58 to break the #1 rec.of 227.You should bring your children out to see this kid kick,he also does the punting ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1260924" timestamp="1346849176"]
Not dissing any player on this list,but you're missing the best player ever from Setx and he's about to shatter every kick record for the entire state.Juan Carranco-Dayton.He needs 9 fgs to tie-10 to break record of 48 career fgs.Set record last yr 22 fgs in a season,tied for most in a game w/5 is now the #3 rec holder.Sitting @#8 all time w/170 career Pats=Needs 58 to break the #1 rec.of 227.You should bring your children out to see this kid kick,he also does the punting ;)
[/quote] Are punters and kickers required to attend practice?

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1260441" timestamp="1346791162"]
Tony is a good kid and comes from a good family, [b]but he is very over-rated[/b]..
[/quote]
Tony Brown
Ht: 6-1 Wt: 185 40: 4.34
Position:  S 
Year:  Class of 2014
High School:  Ozen HS
(Beaumont, TX)
Brown has earned an invite to the 2014 U.S> Army All-American Bowl.
As a freshman, Brown suited up on varsity and collected 95 tackles, an interception and broke up 14 passes.

As a sophomore, he had 96 tackles, three interceptions, 16 pass break ups and caused a fumble.

He has posted a 4.34 40-yard dash, a 4.02 pro-shuttle, bench presses 290 pounds, squats 475 pounds and has a 35-inch vertical.

School      Interest Level      Offer? 
Alabama    Med Interest        Yes   
Auburn      Med Interest        Yes   
Baylor        Med Interest        Yes 
Illinois        Med Interest        Yes   
LSU          Med Interest        Yes     
Michigan State Med Interest    Yes   
Mississippi  Med Interest        Yes     
Mississippi State Med Interest  Yes     
Nebraska    Med Interest        Yes   
Notre Dame Med Interest        Yes   
Ohio State  Med Interest        Yes   
Oklahoma    Med Interest        Yes   
Rutgers      Med Interest        Yes   
TCU          Med Interest        Yes   
Texas        Med Interest        Yes   
Texas A&M  Med Interest      Yes   
Texas Tech  Med Interest      Yes   
UCLA          Med Interest      Yes   
USC            Med Interest        Yes     
West Virginia Med Interest      Yes 

Did I miss something? OVER-RATED!!! REALLY... :o

You know I'm gonna throw Montana out there but I want to put another name in the ring. Jon Boy Smith should get some serious looks this year at both tight end and defensive end. He's a beast of a player and great kid. BTW liltex, we have our own Juan Carranco coming in Jesus Tamayo Jr. Watch that name kicking field goals for Vidor this year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1260880" timestamp="1346843390"]
[quote author=DawgsOfBlue link=topic=102488.msg1260036#msg1260036 date=1346754650]
Tony Brown of Ozen. He has offers from almost every school in the country. That's big time right there
[/quote]I love what the kid is doing and how he is handling the attention that he is getting, but let's put this in prespective.  He has world class speed and is a heck of an athlete.  [b]But, he will  need a lot of work between this year and next year to be an elite CB, which is what he'll be playing in college.[/b]  I don't think he's there yet, but I think eventually, he will.
[/quote]

Doesn't he play safety for Ozen?  At 6'1" 190 he already has the body type of an NFL safety.  Put him in a top college with a good weight training program and the sky is the limit. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1261701" timestamp="1346907919"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102488.msg1260880#msg1260880 date=1346843390]
[quote author=DawgsOfBlue link=topic=102488.msg1260036#msg1260036 date=1346754650]
Tony Brown of Ozen. He has offers from almost every school in the country. That's big time right there
[/quote]I love what the kid is doing and how he is handling the attention that he is getting, but let's put this in prespective.  He has world class speed and is a heck of an athlete.  [b]But, he will  need a lot of work between this year and next year to be an elite CB, which is what he'll be playing in college.[/b]  I don't think he's there yet, but I think eventually, he will.
[/quote]

Doesn't he play safety for Ozen?  At 6'1" 190 he already has the body type of an NFL safety.  Put him in a top college with a good weight training program and the sky is the limit.
[/quote] He has the brains and and talent. Now thats a winning combination  ;) ;)

[quote name="Gucci" post="1260907" timestamp="1346848122"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=102488.msg1260441#msg1260441 date=1346791162]
Tony is a good kid and comes from a good family, but he is very over-rated..
[/quote]Funny u say that. Nick Saban, Urban Myer,Mack Brown, and Les Miles don't think so. Guess u know more then those $4million per yr coaches. The entire top 25 has offered him, yes offers, Not interest, OFFERS. I think they know more then you
[/quote]

Bunch of national titles and good con artist on the list.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1261701" timestamp="1346907919"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102488.msg1260880#msg1260880 date=1346843390]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, but he has CB speed.  I question his quickness, but kid can fly, nontheless.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1260899" timestamp="1346847755"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=102488.msg1260028#msg1260028 date=1346735998]
don't know where he would rank,but john leday wr for PAM is another seales,if not better!!
[/quote]

LOL he is good but he needs about 60 more catches 1250 more yards and 12 TD plus two kickoff returns to be Seales good
[/quote]

At this point its no comparing. Cmon mouse arent you jumping the gun by alot.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1261908" timestamp="1346947408"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=102488.msg1260899#msg1260899 date=1346847755]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=102488.msg1260028#msg1260028 date=1346735998]
don't know where he would rank,but john leday wr for PAM is another seales,if not better!!
[/quote]

LOL he is good but he needs about 60 more catches 1250 more yards and 12 TD plus two kickoff returns to be Seales good
[/quote]

At this point its no comparing. Cmon mouse arent you jumping the gun by alot.
[/quote]he has the potential, but Seales had Singleton getting him the rock  ;) *key factor*

[quote name="bigd92" post="1261916" timestamp="1346948178"]
8) BG but Singleton wasnt the better passer. Better athlete yes but passer no. I think Singleto now plays safety for Baylor if im not mistaken. Fisk will be fine this yaer. BG will you make the Mem-Ozen game or PV - Lamar game.
[/quote]hopefully our game, i wanted to see PV play cause i thought Trey Green was the QB, apparently that isnt the case. still mad they got both these games scheduled at the same time!  >:(

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1260981" timestamp="1346854368"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=102488.msg1260441#msg1260441 date=1346791162]
Tony is a good kid and comes from a good family, [b]but he is very over-rated[/b]..
[/quote]
Tony Brown
Ht: 6-1 Wt: 185 40: 4.34
Position:  S 
Year:  Class of 2014
High School:  Ozen HS
(Beaumont, TX)
Brown has earned an invite to the 2014 U.S> Army All-American Bowl.
As a freshman, Brown suited up on varsity and collected 95 tackles, an interception and broke up 14 passes.

As a sophomore, he had 96 tackles, three interceptions, 16 pass break ups and caused a fumble.

He has posted a 4.34 40-yard dash, a 4.02 pro-shuttle, bench presses 290 pounds, squats 475 pounds and has a 35-inch vertical.

School      Interest Level      Offer? 
Alabama    Med Interest        Yes   
Auburn      Med Interest        Yes   
Baylor        Med Interest        Yes 
Illinois        Med Interest        Yes   
LSU          Med Interest        Yes     
Michigan State Med Interest    Yes   
Mississippi  Med Interest        Yes     
Mississippi State Med Interest  Yes     
Nebraska    Med Interest        Yes   
Notre Dame Med Interest        Yes   
Ohio State  Med Interest        Yes   
Oklahoma    Med Interest        Yes   
Rutgers      Med Interest        Yes   
TCU          Med Interest        Yes   
Texas        Med Interest        Yes   
Texas A&M  Med Interest      Yes   
Texas Tech  Med Interest      Yes   
UCLA          Med Interest      Yes   
USC            Med Interest        Yes     
West Virginia Med Interest      Yes 

Did I miss something? OVER-RATED!!! REALLY... :o
[/quote]

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1261918" timestamp="1346948345"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102488.msg1261916#msg1261916 date=1346948178]
8) BG but Singleton wasnt the better passer. Better athlete yes but passer no. I think Singleto now plays safety for Baylor if im not mistaken. Fisk will be fine this yaer. BG will you make the Mem-Ozen game or PV - Lamar game.
[/quote]hopefully our game, i wanted to see PV play cause i thought Trey Green was the QB, apparently that isnt the case. [b]still mad they got both these games scheduled at the same time[/b]!  >:(
[/quote]
Look we agree on something  ;D I'm not sure what Boutte was thinking

[quote name="uandme08" post="1261950" timestamp="1346951525"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102488.msg1261918#msg1261918 date=1346948345]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102488.msg1261916#msg1261916 date=1346948178]
[/quote]hopefully our game, i wanted to see PV play cause i thought Trey Green was the QB, apparently that isnt the case. [b]still mad they got both these games scheduled at the same time[/b]!  >:(
[/quote]
Look we agree on something  ;D I'm not sure what Boutte was thinking
[/quote]it was a dumb move IMO but oh well.

Anyone into recruiting knows that it's turned into the NFL combines. A bunch of money hungry camps preying on kids and families. Tony ceiling is through tthe roof but for every high ceiling there is 3 that fall short. I wish the kid the best but the hard work is really ahead for him. Feels good to be able to watch what may be a Top 10 recruit in the nation 2014. I know that there a sleeper corner on the other side that's pretty good to Raliegh Johnson. He will end up at a good school and whoever gets him get a good one. 

[quote name="bigd92" post="1261916" timestamp="1346948178"]
[/quote]

I agree there where a lot more times Seales was open and the rock was nowhere to be found. Kid put up serious numbers but could of easily had 80 catches 1600 yards and 15 TD. That beingsaid John LaDay should be able to explode this year. Kid has combo of speed and size.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1260983" timestamp="1346854438"]
You know I'm gonna throw Montana out there but I want to put another name in the ring. Jon Boy Smith should get some serious looks this year at both tight end and defensive end. He's a beast of a player and great kid. BTW liltex, we have our own Juan Carranco coming in Jesus Tamayo Jr. Watch that name kicking field goals for Vidor this year.
[/quote]

liltex,  I saw Carranco kick last year at the Butch.  The kid was amazing.  My 12 year old son still talks about him and his performance.  I watched Quirante play some amazing games last season, but I think Carranco's performance was as dominant as anything I have ever seen. 

I love the two Tamayo boys at Vidor this year.  And I think they will provide us a great option at Kicker.  But they are no Juan Carranco.  Good Luck to Juan at the next level, and the level after that!

If we are talking about now then I would throw Kaleb Denny BH's QB. This kid has been leading BH's running attack since he was a Freshman and is only a Junior this year. He rushed for 145 yards his last game and for his carear he has passed 1,391 yard with 17 TD's and rushed for 1,015 yards with 13 TD's. I know you thinking well those number are not very gaudy ;) but with this offense he is sharing the running duties with at least 4 other backs. The way Kaleb runs this offense just looks so effortless and when someone comes in to replace him it is like night an day. Kaleb has 2 more years to add to these totals which will be tripled in my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics