Goose Creek Memorial @ Nederland Predictions

GoDogs27

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1262084" timestamp="1346960445"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102439.msg1261077#msg1261077 date=1346863565]
We will see how good that defense really is when they play Angelton and that speed...Dayton has speed and we all saw how that turned out for that great defense
[/quote]

Does a 4th an short stuffing ring a bell?
[/quote]
How about 14 out of 20....

the Goose will be a stiff challenge for the Dogs...they will be a playoff team again this year, I suspect and I also suspect them to be improved over last season...now, Nederland beat them by 18 twice last year, so I don't know if they are 18 points better, but tonight, we will find out.

Nederland  24
GCM        14

Best of luck to both teams and here is to an injury free game for both sides.

GCM always puts up a good fight. They lost some good players but got some transfers so might even out. They have been a run dominant team which means their offensive line must do a good job to handle the size of Nederlands defensive line. I watched film and the defense for GCM looks stout itself so looks to be a good challenge for both teams. I am still going to go with Ned 27-14.

On a side note what is up with all the Dayton bloggers on a Nederland post. Yes ya'll one a scrimmage 31-14 hooray .  Ya'll must think that it was a real game lol. Dayton is a  really good team, but don't discredit THE DOGS because of the scrimmage.

Poor old smokinbaby will stir a pot just because his team can't make it past 1st round, if they even get lucky enough to make playoffs this year. Only time will tell good luck though.

Guest UHCoog14
Win or lose, these are the type of games GCM needs to play in to get better as a program. Sure, it would be nice to play some cupcakes and win 50-0, but if we want to compete in week 11, we need to compete with the big boys.

Personally, I enjoy playing teams like Nederland, PN-G, and Dayton. You see how things are supposed to be done on and off the field. These kids need that type of exposure.

It's been a while since Baytown packed the stadium. I would love to see history repeat itself.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1262794" timestamp="1347024330"]
Win or lose, these are the type of games GCM needs to play in to get better as a program. Sure, it would be nice to play some cupcakes and win 50-0, but if we want to compete in week 11, we need to compete with the big boys.

Personally, I enjoy playing teams like Nederland, PN-G, and Dayton. You see how things are supposed to be done on and off the field. These kids need that type of exposure.

It's been a while since Baytown packed the stadium. I would love to see history repeat itself.
[/quote]

Nice post +1
GCM will come around in due time.  Neumann runs a tight ship for our boys.  You will always see respect, teamwork and good leadership from our bunch.  Will be a good game tonight either way.  Good luck!

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1262134" timestamp="1346964169"]
3-0-0 Nederland Wins Series

11/10/2011  24-6      Bi-District win over GCM
9/2/2011      38-20    Pre-District win over GCM
9/3/2010      30-8      Pre-District win over GCM

The record will reflect an update this Friday night....

9/7/2012      35-7      Pre-District win over GCM 

Records don't lie  ;) :o
[/quote]Records don't lie?????
If I remember right, Crosby beat Nederland in 2009 and 2010 in Bi-District playoff rounds.....
and this year.. well you know the score last week......so... I don't think you can hang your hat on "Records don't lie ;) :o"

[quote name="hitman009" post="1262799" timestamp="1347024958"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=102439.msg1262134#msg1262134 date=1346964169]
3-0-0 Nederland Wins Series

11/10/2011  24-6      Bi-District win over GCM
9/2/2011      38-20    Pre-District win over GCM
9/3/2010      30-8      Pre-District win over GCM

The record will reflect an update this Friday night....

9/7/2012      35-7      Pre-District win over GCM 

Records don't lie  ;) :o
[/quote]Records don't lie?????
If I remember right, Crosby beat Nederland in 2009 and 2010 in Bi-District playoff rounds.....
and this year.. well you know the score last week......so... I don't think you can hang your hat on "Records don't lie ;) :o"
[/quote]

Hearing a lot of trash on here, just having a little fun with the Goose.  Only saying in the history of these two teams playing one another, Nederland is Dominant....that's all. Anything can happen tonight, I just think it will be another win for Nederland.  Good luck to both teams. ;)

[quote name="hitman009" post="1260288" timestamp="1346780481"]
I think this game will be closer than everyone thinks... Both teams like to hang on to the ball and control the clock.
Ned is good, but I dont think they are what everyone thinks, they were not contested last week.  they played a Crosby team that was not ready: new coachs, new style, new line. The Off were not ready for the stunts that the Ned D line gave them and the qb seemed flustered.  When they get some experience Crosby will come around. 
I dont think Ned Off is that good.  Crosby's D did not play bad, Ned really had one really good drive. the rest of the points was when the Off had really good starting positions,  (27, 42). that is why Ned went up so quick.  Ned did not score the second half when their starting field pos was on their side of the field. I dont see Nederland putting up alot of points... if GCM can keep starting points on their side of the field...IMO
GCM - 21
Ned  -14
[/quote] Do you not remember how we have 9 offensive starters returning and 7 defensive guys returning, Angleton and Dawson our the only teams in our 4a area that can probably beat Nederland, our defense is so good, and watch out for our sophmore saftey Sage Seay, he is a big physical kid that people will not want to throw at, and our running back Kendrik Hopkins is the real deal, big strong and fast.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1258200" timestamp="1346537033"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=102439.msg1258181#msg1258181 date=1346535711]
As long as GCM does not have a set of twins, I think we will be ok.

Go Dogs score.sounds.about right.
[/quote]

We have some twins for ya:

Pain and Agony

This ain't Crosby.
[/quote]

...oops... ;)

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Razor" post="1266238" timestamp="1347225737"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=102439.msg1258200#lb msg1258200 date=1346537033]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=102439.msg1258181#msg1258181 date=1346535711]
As long as GCM does not have a set of twins, I think we will be ok.

Go Dogs score.sounds.about right.
[/quote]

We have some twins for ya:

Pain and Agony

This ain't Crosby.
[/quote]

...oops... ;)
[/quote]

I was 100% correct.

I made a statement earlier that Shaw was faster and quicker than the twins from Crosby.Some one replied Shaw better play defense.Shaw picked off the pass from GCM on their first offensive play for a" pick six".Nice to have a weapon like Shaw that can change games so quickly by picking off passes and getting behind defenses or just faking defensive players out off their shoes.He finished the game with two nice touchdown receptions and one defensive touchdown.The reason most people did not know how fast he was last season is he played with a strained muscle in his leg last season most of the year.Hope he stays healthy this season and keeps having games like he did Friday night.Keep going strong Michael and"Go Dogs"               

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12