BH/Central/HF Scrimmage thoughts

BHFAN

Thank God football is almost here!!! I would like to kick off the season by predicting a Central beatdown ;) I just hope Central gets to scrimmage HF before BH drives them into the ground ;D Soljia hope you can make the trip for an opprotunity to bask in BH's stadium  ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it now.  We play @ the ant mound.  Interesting.  Our first 3 opponents run a spread offense and if I'm not mistaken, BH runs one of those run orientated offenses.  Maybe we were looking at the bigger picture since we have Vidor and Livingston in our district that are similar to them.  I don't know.  I still look for us to have a great showing.  Our defense will be a lot better than last year judging from the spring game and we have way more playmakers on offense this year than last.  I hope we have a successful warm up before kicking off the season.  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1247611" timestamp="1345462474"]
I see it now.  We play @ the ant mound.  Interesting.  Our first 3 opponents run a spread offense and if I'm not mistaken, BH runs one of those run orientated offenses.  Maybe we were looking at the bigger picture since we have Vidor and Livingston in our district that are similar to them.  I don't know.  I still look for us to have a great showing.  Our defense will be a lot better than last year judging from the spring game and we have way more playmakers on offense this year than last.  I hope we have a successful warm up before kicking off the season.  8)
[/quote]
This is way to PC Soulja ;)  BH will be throwing the 3 yards and a cloud of dust at ya :) We should be able to move the ball on Offense . Our Defense is what I'm looking to watch.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1247621" timestamp="1345466477"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101803.msg1247611#msg1247611 date=1345462474]
[/quote]
This is way to PC Soulja ;)  BH will be throwing the 3 yards and a cloud of dust at ya :) We should be able to move the ball on Offense . Our Defense is what I'm looking to watch.
[/quote]

The defense looked good in practice last week. I seen a couple of times kids helmets flying off. BH has a LB that looks like a grown man, don't know his name though. Central will be a good test with the speed, not sure what HF will bring to the scrimmage though?

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1247647" timestamp="1345471147"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101803.msg1247644#msg1247644 date=1345470640]
I'm  not really sure about H-F either.
[/quote]I think HF will bounce back this week, after a lack luster performance in thier first scrimmage.
[/quote]First scrimmage from Central.  Heck, the boys just put on their pads on Saturday.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1247622" timestamp="1345466514"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101803.msg1247477#msg1247477 date=1345421166]
gonna be a hard scrimmage to watch, Barbies vs Jaguarettes vs Shorthorns.  ;)
[/quote]

Are you fishing for Smites or what ;)
[/quote]its that time of the year.  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1247649" timestamp="1345471712"]
From what I saw of Hamshire-Fannett last week against Deweyville and Kirbyville, they won't be bringing much. I look for both Barbers Hill and Central to have their way with the Horns.
[/quote]I hear you, but I hope your wrong. I know HF can play better than they did so that is why I think they will bounce back and hopefully with a chip on their shoulder.

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1247671" timestamp="1345475387"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101803.msg1247649#msg1247649 date=1345471712]
From what I saw of Hamshire-Fannett last week against Deweyville and Kirbyville, they won't be bringing much. I look for both Barbers Hill and Central to have their way with the Horns.
[/quote]I hear you, but I hope your wrong. I know HF can play better than they did so that is why I think they will bounce back and hopefully with a chip on their shoulder.
[/quote]

I recall a time when HJ and HF had strong teams.  Central, well not so much.  ;) ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1247775" timestamp="1345490451"]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=101803.msg1247671#msg1247671 date=1345475387]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101803.msg1247649#msg1247649 date=1345471712]
[/quote]

I recall a time when HJ and HF had strong teams.  Central, well not so much.  ;) ;)
[/quote]BH had 'strong teams' playing against weak 2a and 3a teams.  When moved up to 4a, it's first round exits galore.  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1247780" timestamp="1345490837"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101803.msg1247775#msg1247775 date=1345490451]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=101803.msg1247671#msg1247671 date=1345475387]
[/quote]

[/quote]BH had 'strong teams' playing against weak 2a and 3a teams.  When moved up to 4a, it's first round exits galore.  8)
[/quote]

Man, when the fish are biting we go fishing.......not our fault.  ;D  By the way, how did Central do last year in the playoffs?  ;) 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1247798" timestamp="1345491947"]
not to mention that if BH was in a real district then they wouldnt even be in the playoffs.
[/quote]

I think the new 19-4a will be a tough one. Kingwood Park, Summer Creek, Dayton, Crosby, BH will battle for four spots. Humble has the athletes, Porter is a newer school, CE King has a new leader, and New Caney could sneak up on someone. It's not that easy of a district. I've watched 20-4a for many years. They make it sound tougher then what it really is. I watched hen Dayton, who is in 19-4A played in 20-4a and they absolutley destroyed everybody besides a fluke win by a one year wonder Lumberton team. BTW, didn't BH beat the 20-4a district champ last year?

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1247805" timestamp="1345492695"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=101803.msg1247798#msg1247798 date=1345491947]
not to mention that if BH was in a real district then they wouldnt even be in the playoffs.
[/quote]

I think the new 19-4a will be a tough one. Kingwood Park, Summer Creek, Dayton, Crosby, BH will battle for four spots. Humble has the athletes, Porter is a newer school, CE King has a new leader, and New Caney could sneak up on someone. It's not that easy of a district. I've watched 20-4a for many years. They make it sound tougher then what it really is. I watched hen Dayton, who is in 19-4A played in 20-4a and they absolutley destroyed everybody besides a fluke win by a one year wonder Lumberton team. BTW, didn't BH beat the 20-4a district champ last year?
[/quote]

Not only did you "Trade-Up" you can fire a shot over their bow better than most....... ;D ;D  It's what we have been saying for years..........BH has not had a dominate team since we got throttled by a dang good sweeny team in the 90's. Yet we still take their best opponent year after year down to the wire.  Central nearly lost to us with their D-1 QB, PNG took all they had twice to barely beat us, and yes we did take out their district champ last year, as well as Dayton (which you mentioned owned 20-4A).  So, I agree with your over-rated assessment of 20-4A.  Welcome to the light my SON, come on in....... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder