Would your ISD pay $750,000 for a Jumbotron?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1246849" timestamp="1345308341"]
Umm no.... But Barbie's Hill probably will.. They like trying to keep up with the Jones's...
[/quote]They struck oil again inside those sand dunes? LOL

Heck the scoreboard might be just as big as Carthage football field  :D

Ya right.....  Not that I care, but my school won't even buy a tunnel to run through, so I doubt they will pay for a jumbotron of any sort.  We just got a new scoreboard 2 years ago, and it doesn't have a video screen at all.  Now training equipment & facilities, we get donations for that all of the time from the Kruase brothers. (Blue Bell) I don't think they care much for fancy stuff.  In fact the bleachers on the visitor side are still wooden.  SMH

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1247583" timestamp="1345438578"]
Ya right.....  Not that I care, but my school won't even buy a tunnel to run through, so I doubt they will pay for a jumbotron of any sort.  We just got a new scoreboard 2 years ago, and it doesn't have a video screen at all.  Now training equipment & facilities, we get donations for that all of the time from the Kruase brothers. (Blue Bell) I don't think they care much for fancy stuff.  In fact the bleachers on the visitor side are still wooden.  SMH
[/quote]you guys deserve a new stadium IMO

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1247586" timestamp="1345439241"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101775.msg1247583#msg1247583 date=1345438578]
[/quote]you guys deserve a new stadium IMO
[/quote]

No kidding.....  I hate that stadium, but they just put new turf in, so I don't see us moving anytime soon.  We'll probably be there another 15-20 years.  It's pretty bad when 1/3 of the visitor's side is used for home seating.  On the plus side it makes it a pretty intense place to play when it's full.  We did get a new field house a few years ago though.

With kids having to supply the school with hand sanitizer, copy paper, kleenex, etc...... I think it is crazy for some of these purchases in athletic departments. I was not too happy to see BH adding field turf when they had a perfectly good grass field.

I know, football is king and I am as big of a fan as anyone; but I do think sometimes school boards send the wrong message.

Flame away

It's better to just get sponsorships, and no I dont mean ones that play commercials all game. Nederland's scoreboard and jumbotron is nice, yeah it has the sponsorships around it, but to me it doesn't take anything away from the scoreboard and you aren't annoyed by commercials the entire time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder