Enrollment numbers for SETX 5A-3A Districts

As the ADA of schools have bearing on what division the 5A-3A schools go in the playoffs here are the ADA (enrollment) for those schools, largest school in the district to smallest:

[u]21-5A[/u]
Galena Park North Shore - 4601
Deer Park - 3917
Baytown Sterling - 2440
Channelview - 2331
Beaumont West Brook - 2327
Port Arthur Memorial - 2270
La Porte - 2185

[u]19-4A[/u]
Humble Summer Creek - 2019.5
C.E. King - 1746
Kingwood Park - 1664.5
Humble - 1550
Dayton - 1443
Crosby - 1440
New Caney - 1400
Porter - 1366
Barbers Hill - 1287

[u]20-4A[/u]
Beaumont Central - 1840.5
Nederland - 1478.5
Port Neches-Groves - 1431
Vidor - 1398
Beaumont Ozen - 1264
Livingston - 1143
Little Cypress-Mauriceville - 1123
Lumberton - 1087

[u]24-4A[/u]
Pearland Dawson - 2032
Friendswood - 2024
Galena Park - 1909
Goose Creek Memorial - 1881.5
Galveston Ball - 1784
Baytown Lee - 1695
Texas City - 1675
Santa Fe - 1390.5

[u]20-3A[/u]
Carthage - 741
Jasper - 729
Center - 624
Huntington - 544
Diboll - 502

[u]21-3A[/u]
Silsbee - 822.5
Bridge City - 773
West Orange-Stark - 686
Hardin-Jefferson - 570
Hamshire-Fannett - 534
Orangefield - 520
Buna - 478

[u]22-3A[/u]
Splendora - 969.5
Huffman Hargrave - 962.5
Cleveland - 928.5
Tarkington - 585.5
Liberty - 575
Coldspring-Oakhurst - 540
Shepherd - 534

Mark it down, Lumberton's enrollment will be above 1100 next realignment.

My wife teaches in Lumberton, going on 13 years now in Lumberton (first 10 years of teaching was in Silsbee), she says the enrollment is growing.

I do not think we will ever see 6A in my lifetime.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1239905" timestamp="1343254282"]

My wife teaches in Lumberton, going on 13 years now in Lumberton (first 10 years of teaching was in Silsbee), she says the enrollment is growing.

[/quote]wow, i thought their numbers were on the decline.  :o

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1239905" timestamp="1343254282"]

[/quote]

well, thier enrollment was 1063.5 for 2010-2012 and 1085 this time around, so I guess 1100 is possible.  I wouldn't say that 20 kids is really growing though.  Also, where else are they going to put them?  The district is landlocked on  all sides.

No, I believe its stabilizing and actually might start dropping once the younger families' kids start graduating.  Also the traffic situation is not helping,  its as bad a some parts of Houston! (ok, maybe an exaggeration)

Your right about the traffic, they need to do something different or that could be one of the things new families might look at in their decisions to move to Lumberton. They do have a lot of open areas for new sub-divisions to be built, but once again, how do you handle the increased traffic from doing so. I personally don't see the growth potential in school enrollment...IMO.  They have been bordering dropping down to 3A for a while now.  Might be a better fit for their program if they do.

They have widened Hwy 69 to 4 lanes which has helped a ton with traffic.  There are a bunch of new subdivisions out there that are just being built up.  Most of the population is young, so it will take a few years for the numbers to show up in high school.

Like I stated, my wife is a teacher at LISD (at the middle school). She says the enrollment at the middle school (7th & 8th grades) is just shy of 700. If you would compute that to high school enrollment (four grades) that would roughly come out to around 1200 or more in the next realignment.

I stick to my earlier statement that Lumberton's enrollment will be above 1100 in the next realignment.

I don't disagree about the 1100 statement, thats only 13 kids, but I don't see them overtaking any other school in enrollment with the exception of maybe LCM.  I suspect you will see more people moving into the Silsbee and H-J districts over the next few years to get out of the traffic situation, and the lack of bond issues.

My posts were in direct response to the idea that Lumberton would go back to 3A. I dispute that idea.

I wasn't insinuating that Lumberton would surpass other 20-4A schools in enrollment.

Lumberton enrollment will be more next realignment than what was turned in this past realignment. Their numbers are not on the decline like someone stated earlier.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1240043" timestamp="1343312395"]
What's the deal with Humble in 4A? Arent those 5A enrollment numbers? 2000 plus kids is a huge school. Maybe not 6k like Plano East but big enough for 5A right?
[/quote]2090 is the cut off for the bottom end in 5A.  Freindswood has 2034.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1240036" timestamp="1343311352"]
Your right about the traffic, they need to do something different or that could be one of the things new families might look at in their decisions to move to Lumberton. They do have a lot of open areas for new sub-divisions to be built, but once again, how do you handle the increased traffic from doing so. I personally don't see the growth potential in school enrollment...IMO.  They have been bordering dropping down to 3A for a while now.  Might be a better fit for their program if they do.
[/quote]

Not sure where you are from (which Dogs are you?) but you need to be over here to get the real feel of what's happening in Lumberton - growth wise, that is.  You are right about the traffic situation but you are wrong about them dropping to 3A level (even though, I agree, they would be more competitive there).  People are STILL moving into Lumberton at a relentless rate.  Some people in Silsbee (me being one) wish Lumberton would become so big that TX DOT would build an overpass over the entire stretch of US 96 that we traverse to get south, which now has seven traffic lights.  Yeah, that's fun.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1240061" timestamp="1343314657"]
My posts were in direct response to the idea that Lumberton would go back to 3A. I dispute that idea.

I wasn't insinuating that Lumberton would surpass other 20-4A schools in enrollment.

Lumberton enrollment will be more next realignment than what was turned in this past realignment. Their numbers are not on the decline like someone stated earlier.
[/quote]

I don't think they will be 3A either,  that why I was asking about the bottom number moving.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1240043" timestamp="1343312395"]
What's the deal with Humble in 4A? Arent those 5A enrollment numbers? 2000 plus kids is a huge school. Maybe not 6k like Plano East but big enough for 5A right?
[/quote]
Summer Creek will be 5A next alignment for sure and possibly a couple of the other 4A schools in the Houston area. The problem is the UIL keeps on moving the top enrollment number up for 4A and now you have schools with almost 1000 more students. The same could be said for 5A where you have schools with 2100 students and schools with 4 or 5k students. IMO 4A is who gets hurt because of the size difference due to less depth for sports. If you have a 5A size school, you should have enough athlete to compete.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder