When will WOS lose another district game?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1386193" timestamp="1363539874"]
You guys are killing me, you better pray that HJ dont get a decent coach....
[/quote]

Are you serious? You are delusional by either ignorance or passion. I hope it's passion because I can live with that. For you to continue to come on here and talk about how bad of coach Martel was is very classless. By the way, he made the playoffs a few years back in a district where they were one of the smallest school. I believe HJ, HF, and Orangefield are basically the same numbers. I thought HJ did a great job this year, much better than expected. I say that the coach did a good job. Beating WOS next year...it's possible but highly unlikely. Here's my name since you talk about hiding behind names (I've never seen you release yours):

----Todd Johnson

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1386196" timestamp="1363541330"]
Thats funny...You barely had us 14-0 at halftime... As sorry as we are and as many athletes as we need, figured WOS and Silsbee would have beaten poor ol HJ at least 100-0. But you didnt because we had some sophmore's that were not having it. You guys lost athletes, key athletes, we didnt loose any and now some of those that should have been out on the field and werent will be with a new coach and probably 20 more that didnt play in the past... You guys keep talking, we'll see...
[/quote]
^^^^homer!!!!!!!!!!

8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1386265" timestamp="1363577793"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=100659.msg1386196#msg1386196 date=1363541330]
Thats funny...You barely had us 14-0 at halftime... As sorry as we are and as many athletes as we need, figured WOS and Silsbee would have beaten poor ol HJ at least 100-0. But you didnt because we had some sophmore's that were not having it. You guys lost athletes, key athletes, we didnt loose any and now some of those that should have been out on the field and werent will be with a new coach and probably 20 more that didnt play in the past... You guys keep talking, we'll see...
[/quote]
^^^^homer!!!!!!!!!!

8)
[/quote]
;D ;D

Well Todd, if my memory serves me right, and I believe it does, HJ went to the playoffs 2 times under Martel... Once was the first year here, coming in to someone elses program and the 2nd with a loosing record...  Im not going to call out a bunch of kids on here (not at the moment), but I will say David Martel is probably a fine coach. I believe being from this area, he should have stayed far away. It has to be hard coaching kids thats parents graduated with him, and maybe that made him not that good at judging the talent he has around him. Then throw his son into the mix (who is a great athlete I might add before yall say I was talking bad about him) and I believe that was the recipe for the disaster we have had here for the last few years. Hey Todd, what school do you go see every friday night? I bet if anyone on here had the same district record as us the last few years, you would see things different... I wish we had the tradition that WOS has, the fan support that Silsbee and BC have. Those are great programs. Orangefield, Buna have great fan supportand I dont believe any of these programs would stand for what we have for so long...

Guest BigCountry66
I don't have a dog in this fight but here is what I've observed over recent years.

Bridge City has a group of young kids (freshman, soph) that in the next couple of years are going to give 21-3A a lot of trouble.  They could probably give the 4A districts trouble if they play.  I can predict with confidence right now that WOS, HJ, Silsbee, OF, etc will not beat these BC kids 2 & 3 seasons from now.  Take that for what it's worth.  Again, I'm not associated with any of the schools you guys are discussing.  I'm just a football fanatic and follow all area programs, so I think I'm looking at these kids pretty objectively

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1386302" timestamp="1363619664"]
I don't have a dog in this fight but here is what I've observed over recent years.

Bridge City has a group of young kids (freshman, soph) that in the next couple of years are going to give 21-3A a lot of trouble.  They could probably give the 4A districts trouble if they play. [b]  I can predict with confidence right now that WOS, HJ, Silsbee, OF, etc will not beat these BC kids 2 & 3 seasons from now[/b].  Take that for what it's worth.  Again, I'm not associated with any of the schools you guys are discussing.  I'm just a football fanatic and follow all area programs, so I think I'm looking at these kids pretty objectively
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

Silsbee 8th was 2nd in district behind WOS. Silsbee 7th were undefeated district champs.

Ok!! I took it for what its worth. ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bigdog" post="1386317" timestamp="1363621361"]
Lets not turn this into a HJ thread please.
[/quote]

AAAWWWW C'mon!! They are so much fun ;D ;D ;D j/k 8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bigdog" post="1386323" timestamp="1363621605"]
Lol.  I believe there is a HJ thread to discuss the team.  I would say the topic is the district as a whole, versus WOS.
[/quote]

8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1386377" timestamp="1363632801"]
WO-S has only lost once in district play as a 3A school right?
[/quote]

Silsbee was the only team to beat them

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1386367" timestamp="1363630507"]
Ok, back to business, WOS will get beat probably 3 times this year during district. By Silsbee, BC and poor ol HJ...There it is!!!!! Enjoy...
[/quote]

Well 1 out of 3 will most likely happen

1. Silsbee will beat WOS
2. BC doubtful
3 HJ not a snowballs chance in......you know the rest ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1386395" timestamp="1363635775"]
Yeah,I now the rest... Hj will beat Silsbee this year also.... Probably by 2 TD's!What do you think about that Farmer Brown???
[/quote]

[b]You heard bigdog[/b]!  This is about WOS losing a district game. You might want to start another topic on the subject of HJ beating Silsbee and WOS on their way to a state title ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BigRedMachine" post="1386405" timestamp="1363636461"]
Silsbee better worry about beating Bridge City. Only done it once in the last three years!
[/quote]

::) ::)

[quote name="BigRedMachine" post="1386405" timestamp="1363636461"]
Silsbee better worry about beating Bridge City. Only done it once in the last three years!
[/quote]

Correct. Last three years: 2010 BC 28-21, 2011 BC 6-0, 2012 Silsbee 45-20

Bridge City has only beaten Silsbee 9 times in their entire school history. ;)

Silsbee holds all time record against BC 32-9.

Guest BigCountry66
You're probably right about Silsbee going undefeated in district this year.  I don't know who they play in non-district so I won't say undefeated for the season.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1386408" timestamp="1363636665"]
Silsbee will be going undefeated this year, if they lose a game it will be in the playoffs IMO.

Im more interested in seeing what other team in the district may give WO-S a game or possibly beat them, I know BC has WO-S at home this year.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin