Kountze Interviews

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy the posts and banter on SETXSports. However, I must admit that I was bit surprised to read the recent posts of Paul Colton. To attack the children of your new boss doesn’t sound like a wise career move; then when called out, to attempt to minimize your comments through humor? I cannot believe a grown man would take a shot at students that will be in his school district next year on an open forum like SETXSports. Perhaps you are jealous of the successes of Mr. Franklin’s children? Since you opened that can of worms, let’s talk about the many athletic successes of your children. Oh, wait, the only time your boys stepped on a football field was to march in the band. I do not think signing your name adds any credibility to your posts. It only exposes your lack of professionalism and loyalty to your district. I hope the administrators at KISD, and your NEW boss, Mr. Tracy Franklin, have forgiving spirits. Otherwise, you could find yourself at best coaching 7th grade football and at worst, looking for a new coaching job altogether. This is a forum about local highschool football, we can do without your sarcasm.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Fightingfitzpatricks" post="1232484" timestamp="1340480255"]
I always enjoy the posts and banter on SETXSports. However, I must admit that I was bit surprised to read the recent posts of Paul Colton. To attack the children of your new boss doesn’t sound like a wise career move; then when called out, to attempt to minimize your comments through humor? I cannot believe a grown man would take a shot at students that will be in his school district next year on an open forum like SETXSports. Perhaps you are jealous of the successes of Mr. Franklin’s children? Since you opened that can of worms, let’s talk about the many athletic successes of your children. Oh, wait, the only time your boys stepped on a football field was to march in the band. I do not think signing your name adds any credibility to your posts. It only exposes your lack of professionalism and loyalty to your district. I hope the administrators at KISD, and your NEW boss, Mr. Tracy Franklin, have forgiving spirits. Otherwise, you could find yourself at best coaching 7th grade football and at worst, looking for a new coaching job altogether. This is a forum about local highschool football, we can do without your sarcasm.
[/quote]

THIS!

That's what I meant when I said "this thread is getting weird".  I've never witnessed career suicide before, but I think I may have just seen it happen.

Nice threat fightingfitzpatrick. Did you really read in my post that I was making fun of anyones child? I don't think so. I know and like Tracy Franklin. I only know of one of his children (Chase) and he was a very good player. In my post I said one of the applicants had so and so, and it was all in fun from the beginning. Only an idiot would think I was talking about anyone specific. If you want to influence someone to demote me or fire me, then do your worst. Maybe it will be you who will make the final decision on my future in Kountze. Anybody that knows me aint buying your b.s.
You brought my children up in your post and made fun of them for only participating in band. Why do you hate band? It is extremely important to some kids. It is also very successful in Kountze.
Finally, You are not qualified to judge my professionalism or loyalty to MY school district. You can, however, question it through your ignorance and behind your username on this forum.
If you would like to meet and discuss this in a friendly manner I am available during daylight hours.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

[quote name="DirkDiggler" post="1232365" timestamp="1340406378"]
It was getting better sportsman. The kids had someone they looked up to and wanted to play for and it was before lance dale rolled into town.
[/quote]

Easy Dirk      You might get fired too.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

You no I am glad someone else saw it for what it was...look even if it was meant to be funny...it was in bad taste. I understand you were reasigned and demoted from varsity football DC to junior high by Lance Dale...and from what I was told if the right guy got the job you were back in business. The right guy did not get it and myself and large number of other, think you are sour. You have coached in Kountze half your career...head coach and ad...maybe 2nd or 3rd round in kountze...you seem very unhappy with things and maybe the grass is greener down the road...and as far as anyone saying anything about your kids in the band...that's wrong...Iam proud of our band any any student in it.

Read my post again and again and keep trying to find your sour grapes. There is no truth to what you say about somebody getting the job and I'm back in business. Did Lance really move me to middle school? If you know that he did, then you know more about my coaching assignment than I do. I don't recall Lance discussing it with me. Did He discuss this with you and maybe try to get your blessing? As far as I know all the coaches here are in limbo.If Coach Franklin makes the coaching assignments How do you know where I will be? How much of an insider are you? Many coaches do look to greener surroundings. I try to make things better for ALL the KIDS where I am, which is my hometown. I hope you and your large group of people find a way to positively impact the lives of ALL Kountze kids. Never, have I ever talked negatively about anyones children on this forum and whoever says I did is a Liar. Someone did try to be negative about my children, both of whom were awarded college scholarships for their musical abilities. I honestly hope your Kountze kids get the same from one of our programs. I will help them as much as I can.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

Thanks for that and if my info was wrong than I was misinformed and I am glad that is your position with kids...I have nothing to do with you or your job. Obviously you have just been deeply misunderstood on this forum and all you want to do is get on board with things here in Kountze. Trust me just like you I try to make a positive impact on kids and if you read my post you will see I in no way supported any comments made about your kids and you should proud of your kids...sorry those were said. I hope you can find a peace and truly be devoted to taking a positive roll in Kountze or continuing the one you say you have. 

I thought this was a football job?? I called it last hire, Joubert should have gotten the AD job last time.  This time around they hired a coach for his baseball playing kids, while the posting was Ad/HEAD FOOTBALL Coach.  This time School Board you missed your chance again to do something right for Kountze football and are quickly becoming the JOKE of Southeast Texas.  Tj Ramsey got Warren to the playoffs in football, just imagine what he could have done with those athletes in Kountze...

Guest incognito123
[quote name="gotoguy" post="1232531" timestamp="1340502099"]
Read my post again and again and keep trying to find your sour grapes. There is no truth to what you say about somebody getting the job and I'm back in business. Did Lance really move me to middle school? If you know that he did, then you know more about my coaching assignment than I do. I don't recall Lance discussing it with me. Did He discuss this with you and maybe try to get your blessing? As far as I know all the coaches here are in limbo.If Coach Franklin makes the coaching assignments How do you know where I will be? How much of an insider are you? Many coaches do look to greener surroundings. I try to make things better for ALL the KIDS where I am, which is my hometown. I hope you and your large group of people find a way to positively impact the lives of ALL Kountze kids. Never, have I ever talked negatively about anyones children on this forum and whoever says I did is a Liar. Someone did try to be negative about my children, both of whom were awarded college scholarships for their musical abilities. I honestly hope your Kountze kids get the same from one of our programs. I will help them as much as I can.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

[/quote]

Regardless of why you are posting here, your players are reading it.  You shouldn't be posting negatively and inviting community members to meet you to discuss your comments.  It's tacky and unprofessional. 

As a matter of fact, Paul, I do know you and, I have worked with you and I am very aware of your professionalism or lack there of.  As far as me hating the band; I was in band and have respect for the talent it takes to be successful. That comment about your kids was just a joke, I am sorry you didn’t see the humor. I guess when you feel that someone is taking a shot at your kids it isn’t that funny. Although, you are continually trying to down play the comments that you made, others see them for what they are. You say that people who know you know that you would not talk negatively about kids, what about the people who read this forum who don’t know you? Perhaps everyone doesn’t appreciate your particular brand of sarcasm or humor. I have no control over your job, but it seems to me that you may not either anymore. As far as your credibility, could you share the many successes Kountze has experienced under your leadership? Credibility doesn’t come with your job title it comes from your reputation and track record. Sour grapes…greener pastures?? Most coaches change jobs to move up in their career not down.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1232580" timestamp="1340548456"]
[quote author=gotoguy link=topic=100626.msg1232531#msg1232531 date=1340502099]

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

[/quote]

Regardless of why you are posting here, your players are reading it.  You shouldn't be posting negatively and inviting community members to meet you to discuss your comments.  It's tacky and unprofessional. 
[/quote]

I disagree with you Bringthepain. I don't believe that I have said one negative thing. To meet with someone face to face and discuss differences is neither tacky or unprofessional. Parent conferences are encouraged and usually bring light to the subject for both parties. When good people meet with open minds most problems can be solved.

To all my players reading these posts I say "Hey Guys, Hope you are having a great summer. Come By and talk if you want to"

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

Fightingfitzpatricks you have the advantage of knowing me and talking about all the things I have done to offend you. I do not have the same luxury of knowing who you are. Even if I did find out who you were, I would not try to discredit you or your family.

I have never had control over my job. Nobody in this business has that control.
I will stand on my reputation, track record, and professionalism. Can you stand on yours out in the open?

Many people in my profession, especially in my hometown, have been silenced or choose to hide in the corner and keep quiet about all subjects for fear of losing their jobs. It don't sit well with me to do that. So, if your a person in power, or closely related to someone who is, and your conscience doesn't bother you for playing those types of games, do what you feel is truly right.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

You know I am truly sorry I ever tried to make conversation with king james 123 about anything.  I was just trying to highlight a possible positive...I am deeply bothered by this on going exchange...no one was hired for their kids.  I implore everyone to leave that out of this.  Coach Franklin is a good man who cares about kids and has a valuble amount of admin experience on top of multisport knowledge...girls and boys...it was this that was the basis of his hire.  Once again please let this end so those in Kountze can move on and embrace the coming future. It is my hope that TJ Ramsey does not leave, because I have no doubt he cares for these kids and the best for them. If someone is unhappy in Kountze than I would hope they would move on and not become a drag to the efforts of turning things around in Kountze.  We have enough challenges to overcome as it is and we do not need anything else to distract our efforts.  Coach Franklin...I am sorry for the behavior that has been represented on this forum and I hope you see past this thin layer of sarcasm and deflection. Kountze is a good community and it has good people living in it and those people will give you your opportunity. Freedom of speech is a great freedom, but let's don't trample a good man and his family just to ratify ones opinion.     

Coach Ramsey is a good coach. Coach Franklin is a good coach too. Coaching probably aint the problem solver in Kountze. Coaches cant fix community problems or make parents understand their kids are not more special then other kids. Why is baseball the topic when the coach was hired as football coach. Why was joubert overlooked as a.d.

Why in God's name would anyone want to coach period????? It is this kind of drama that is the reason so many coaches are leaving the profession. It is bad enough to deal with parents complaining....but to also have to deal with drama like this is beyond me. I wish Coach Franklin luck, but I can honestly say..I am glad its him and not me.

Guest incognito123
I am very surprised this thread hasn't been deleted by moderators.  I cannot think of a more "coach bashing" thing to say than "he was only hired for his kids". 

Coach Colton......it is tacky and unprofessional for you to post on here period, much less with your name attached to the posts and the nature of the conversation.  I can see Coach Franklin bringing someone with him that will probably replace you.  I know I would if you had spoken of my children that way.

Where did Coach Colton call out or say anything about Coach Franklin's children.  He said that he knew Chase, because he has coached against him, and said that he was a good ball player.  BringthePain must be someone that Coach Colton has probably let go as a coach from a previous staff.  I have known Paul Colton for a long time, and know that he cares for the kids that he coaches, and wants nothing but the best for them.  Could it be also that Fightingfitzpatricks is also BringthePain with another screen name, because I have a feeling that Bring has a few screen names and is also a coach.