the STJFL without wos #4

Why do people have to stir up crud over youth sports? Both wos and BC have great teams in Jr.high! They are 13-14 year old young men who give their all ! That's why we are there...to support them! Win or lose! Was it nice to see BC win last year? YES!  But wos never gives up! In my opinion after 12plus years in BC youth football...that's why BC is better!! Teams like wos showing us to never give up! Also all of our transplant wos dads who have taught that wos tradition to BC football! And yes I'm ready for some 8th grade football this year!  Go BC!            Thanks,  RoyAdams

[quote name="moose48" post="1233847" timestamp="1341392583"]
Why do people have to stir up crud over youth sports? Both wos and BC have great teams in Jr.high! They are 13-14 year old young men who give their all ! That's why we are there...to support them! Win or lose! Was it nice to see BC win last year? YES!  But wos never gives up! In my opinion after 12plus years in BC youth football...that's why BC is better!! Teams like wos showing us to never give up! Also all of our transplant wos dads who have taught that wos tradition to BC football! And yes I'm ready for some 8th grade football this year!  Go BC!            Thanks,  RoyAdams
[/quote]

Good Post Roy and thanks

td

[/quote]

Great post! Really nice to have good conversation with other fans without it turning into something foolish.

Rake1

• 2 months later...

Great post!!
[/quote]

• 1 month later...
I just read all this for the first time today. I really hope WOS folks don't put all BC people in the same category with that pot stirring retard. WOS football has and will always be respected in BC. Great fans great competition.  Nothing wrong with a little cross town rival trash talk but this guy doesn't represent what the town of BC stands for thats for sure. Congrats on the W. I hear the freshman game was also a great one and went down to the wire. WOS pulled out a 10 to 8 victory in the last minute. Sounds like some great football games in the coming years.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1316998" timestamp="1351877443"]
I just read all this for the first time today. I really hope WOS folks don't put all BC people in the same category with that pot stirring retard. WOS football has and will always be respected in BC. Great fans great competition.  Nothing wrong with a little cross town rival trash talk but this guy doesn't represent what the town of BC stands for thats for sure. Congrats on the W. I hear the freshman game was also a great one and went down to the wire. WOS pulled out a 10 to 8 victory in the last minute. Sounds like some great football games in the coming years.
[/quote]Curious to know #4 performance last night. Has his peers caught  with him yet??

Kind of touching on what moose48 expressed, everything is ridiculous. I am friends with several 7th, 8th and 9th football parents on both sides. I have seen several things happen in the past where it's always been pretty good games. Hard fought on both sides. To make a reply on the 9th grade game squeaking it out 10-8 right at the end, doesn't reflect them playing the week before winning 20-0. Also, we several freshman playing on the JV level that would have a huge differential on the score. So it's really hard to say what the final outcome may be.  It was great to see all of the support at the 7th and 8th grade games. They even had the band there! It was even better seeing the #26 walk back down the sidelines after being carted off the field! In the end, shouldn't all just be about the kids that are playing? Nice post Roy.... and remember, the winner will always be the one that has the most points at the end.... nothing else matters.

[quote name="Mustang11" post="1319988" timestamp="1352064141"]
Kind of touching on what moose48 expressed, everything is ridiculous. I am friends with several 7th, 8th and 9th football parents on both sides. I have seen several things happen in the past where it's always been pretty good games. Hard fought on both sides. To make a reply on the 9th grade game squeaking it out 10-8 right at the end, doesn't reflect them playing the week before winning 20-0. Also, we several freshman playing on the JV level that would have a huge differential on the score. So it's really hard to say what the final outcome may be.  It was great to see all of the support at the 7th and 8th grade games. They even had the band there! It was even better seeing the #26 walk back down the sidelines after being carted off the field! In the end, shouldn't all just be about the kids that are playing? Nice post Roy.... and remember, the winner will always be the one that has the most points at the end.... nothing else matters.
[/quote]

It was an awesome game and yes, having the band and mascots out there really helped keep the game going.  I had a great time!  Great game played by both teams.  Kinda reminds me of when WOS Sr. Lil Mustangs played Port Arthur Titans that year.  Full of energy and excitement! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin