the STJFL without wos #4

I think he's talking about how WOS will be booby-blocking with the rest of Pop Warner this year.  I'm wondering how many more kids will get hurt because of poor conditioning and limited hitting, other than on game days....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-13/sports/ct-met-pop-warner-concussion-20120614_1_concussions-youth-football-pop-warner-little-scholars

Also, Yoda was around "a long time ago, in a a galaxy far, far way."  Correct yo self.

[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=100541.msg1230645#msg1230645 date=1339711286]
I think he's talking about how WOS will be booby-blocking with the rest of Pop Warner this year.  I'm wondering how many more kids will get hurt because of poor conditioning and limited hitting, other than on game days....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-13/sports/ct-met-pop-warner-concussion-20120614_1_concussions-youth-football-pop-warner-little-scholars

Also, Yoda was around "a long time ago, in a a galaxy far, far way."  Correct yo self.
[/quot] Don't know if I like this rule very much ???

talk about an overreaction.  pretty soon they won't even let them run full speed, they'll have to play walk-thru football games.

Read this article... [url=http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Sports-Related%20Head%20Injury.aspx]http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Sports-Related%20Head%20Injury.aspx[/url]
Notice the stats...
Pretty soon they'll be making basketball players wear helmets!

Two years ago, WOS formed a team of senior-aged kids to play Pop Warner instead of STJFL.  They wanted "to be able to advance further than just this area."  Now my suspicions are confirmed... They were looking for a place to where tackling is frowned upon.  The dregs of each city can form up as a Pop Warner team and prance about the gridiron on Saturdays when cartoons are over.  The truf is out. 

WOS was scared of BC's senior team in 2010.  I said it then, and I repeat it now.  We chased them out of the STJFL and then took our championship.  Not convinced?  The same age group went at again last year in seventh grade.  Result?  BC hasn't lost a game in two years.

Who's fired up about some eight grade BC-WOS in 2012 besides me?

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1230733" timestamp="1339771147"]
Two years ago, WOS formed a team of senior-aged kids to play Pop Warner instead of STJFL.  They wanted "to be able to advance further than just this area."  Now my suspicions are confirmed... They were looking for a place to where tackling is frowned upon.  The dregs of each city can form up as a Pop Warner team and prance about the gridiron on Saturdays when cartoons are over.  The truf is out. 

WOS was scared of BC's senior team in 2010.  I said it then, and I repeat it now.  We chased them out of the STJFL and then took our championship.  Not convinced?  The same age group went at again last year in seventh grade.  Result?  BC hasn't lost a game in two years.

[/quote]

CAN'T WAIT!!!

I think mikelbene is on something! Sounds like you hate WOS and will forever live your life wishing on a star! I'm happy that you guys haven't lost in two years that's a great accomplishment to be proud of. That group of kids should be very proud of themselves and so should you. Then you went left saying that WOS was scared and got ran out of STJFL to Pop Warner. You are like a man standing on top of a toilet, "HIGH ON POT" hahahaha 8)

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1230733" timestamp="1339771147"]

[/quote]

Really simple way to put this in perspective, in head to head to matchups what's the record? ;D
I bet mikelbene knows but won't tell......or will he?
The ridiculous notion that WOS was "chased from STJFL" is comical. Both of these teams are really talented and there will be some knock down drag out games in the very near future for sure. And you can certainly rest assured that neither team is afraid of the other one and they will both bring their best games when they play.

Rake1

[quote name="Gucci" post="1231299" timestamp="1340056175"]
What is BC record vs Wos on the High School level??
[/quote]

Belongs in High School Football Forum.  Lol.

I'm just talking about how a group of WOS seniors fled BC and the STJFL in 2010 to play some agressive two-below in Pop Warner. 

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1231371" timestamp="1340106905"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=100541.msg1231299#msg1231299 date=1340056175]
What is BC record vs Wos on the High School level??
[/quote]

Belongs in High School Football Forum.  Lol.

I'm just talking about how a group of WOS seniors fled BC and the STJFL in 2010 to play some agressive two-below in Pop Warner.
[/quote]
I guess you would be referring to the same group that had already won everything there was to win in the STJFL and moved on to attempt to conquer a new challenge. That would also be the same team that BC never beat while playing STJFL. Yep, sounds like WOS "fled" for their lives! Again, absolutely ridiculous!!! Weak attempt at stirring the pot.

In order to be fair it should be noted BC did win against WOS in last years 7th grade game in front of a packed house. There was a huge crowd for a Jr. high game and it was very entertaining. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, both teams are talented and have some good football in their respective futures.

Rake1

Thanks Rake 1, because this guy or girl obviously knows that we never run away from anyone! I have only seen one team quit a game in STJFL history!

The bottom line is this.  We were the STJFL Senior Super Bowl Champions in 2010, and y'all were sub sectional regional semi-finalists in division 2 of the Eastern half of Pop Warner Youth Football in the Southeastern Division of the Eastern United States. 

And then y'all came in second in your district in 7th grade football in 2011 to who?  The Cards.

So.... are y'all going to play in Pop Warner or the STJFL this year?  It was either too hard over here or too hard over there.  Which was it?

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1231944" timestamp="1340290555"]

The bottom line is this.  We were the STJFL Senior Super Bowl Champions in 2010, and y'all were sub sectional regional semi-finalists in division 2 of the Eastern half of Pop Warner Youth Football in the Southeastern Division of the Eastern United States. 

And then y'all came in second in your district in 7th grade football in 2011 to who?  The Cards.

So.... are y'all going to play in Pop Warner or the STJFL this year?  It was either too hard over here or too hard over there.  Which was it?
[/quote]

Sounds like you should be happy that WOS was playing Pop Warner and giving you a chance to win a Super Bowl. [color=red][b]Especially since you never beat WOS while they were in the STJFL.[/b][/color]

Yes BC beat WOS in 7th grade football and won district. As a matter of fact this has happened several times in the past. Only problem is that this has [color=red][b]never[/b][/color] translated into a win at the Varsity level. All time record 22-0 for WOS. So if winning a district title in 7th grade football somehow leads you to believe that you have "established dominance" or now have become an "equal rival" then you are sadly mistaken. Is it possible to build on the success this BC group is having, by all means it is and they should certainly strive for that success. Having this delusional opinion of greatness and trying to lead the world into believing that one team ran from another is so distorted and so far from the truth it's not even funny. Again, really nice try at stirring the pot without providing any facts. Enjoy the fantasy world in which you live.

Oh wait, I almost forgot. A serious question. Why would an 8th grader play Pop Warner or STJFL when they are getting ready to play JR. High football this year?

Rake1

I was just asking if WOS was fielding a Pop Warner team or playing STJFL with a group of senior kids this year.  Sheesh.  No need to go all factual on me.  We were sad that our kids didn't get a chance to play y'all in the STJFL in 2010, because we lost a tough game in the semis to y'all in 2009, and it looked like 2010 was going to be our year.  Then y'all left the league to play what we thought was a soft competition in Pop Warner.  My beliefs were confirmed when this report came out and indicates, like I thought, that Pop Warner is for sissy boys.  Combine that with the fact that we went in to your house and put our feet up on your coffee table last fall, and I keep coming back to one thought...

Who besides me is excited about some 8th grade WOS/BC football? 

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1232033" timestamp="1340311684"]
I was just asking if WOS was fielding a Pop Warner team or playing STJFL with a group of senior kids this year.  Sheesh.  No need to go all factual on me.  We were sad that our kids didn't get a chance to play y'all in the STJFL in 2010, because we lost a tough game in the semis to y'all in 2009, and it looked like 2010 was going to be our year.  Then y'all left the league to play what we thought was a soft competition in Pop Warner.  My beliefs were confirmed when this report came out and indicates, like I thought, that Pop Warner is for sissy boys.  Combine that with the fact that we went in to your house and put our feet up on your coffee table last fall, and I keep coming back to one thought...

Who besides me is excited about some 8th grade WOS/BC football?
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me!!! Really? Put your feet up on the coffee table, that is beyond hilarious!! You were scrambling for your life with 2 minutes to go if I remember correctly!! Winning by 3 Td's is putting your feet up, winning by 2 because of a misssed conversion is completely different. Final score of 22-20. You need to get down to the pharmacy and stock up on reality pills!! Between this thread and your insane prediction of BC varsity winning district lets every sane person on this site know you need some professional help.
Unbelievable!!!!!

Rake1

I'll tell you like this.  You were at that game, too, obviously.  And I distinctly remember that your boys didn't like getting hit.  A lot of the WOS fans were complaining about our boys hitting too hard.  And also remember how those WOS kids couldn't tackle to save their lives.  I remember when our RB hurdled one of your DBs on the way to another touchdown... The photo was on KOGT.  It looked like that DB hadn't tried to tackle too many people.  And honestly, after taking a year off from competitive football to play a little Pop Warner, I shouldn't have been surprised by how bad y'all looked. 

Besides, we took our starters out at the half.  This year we're running it up. 

You obviously were not there if you think the starters were pulled because that's nowhere close to the truth. You squeaked out a win for the first time over an opponent you never beat before, end of story. If you think it was more than that you are sadly mistaken. You continue to give an incredibly lopsided account of not only history but of that particular game. I have given BC credit for the win and having a very talented team. You on the other hand continue to spew half truths and "ultra homer" opinions that make you look nothing but foolish. You can go on trying to make the world believe your ridiculous account of the past seasons but in fact all you are doing is showing how obsessed you are with trying to become equal with WOS in some capacity. Your irrational rants and predictions will no doubt come back to bite you in the end. A 22-20 ballgame that was won on a missed conversion is nothing close to your account of the game and i still find it difficult to understand how you think WOS looked so bad. It's very plain to see you are incapable of having a rational conversation or giving respect where respect is due. It's fans like you who give others a bad name. For the last time, these are 2 very talented teams and they will be fun to watch in the coming years.

Rake1

So, if y'all had converted for two, you would have squeaked out a tie?  I stand corrected. 

Just admit that we won handily in 2011, and admit that if y'all hadn't gone to play Pop Warner in 2010, you would have likely lost to us then, too. 

If not, we'll just have to agree to wait and see what happens when these two teams meet up again this year.

Ok, who besides me and Rake is excited about seeing a little BC-WOS 8th grade football?

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1232171" timestamp="1340370970"]
So, if y'all had converted for two, you would have squeaked out a tie?  I stand corrected.

[b]Difference here is I never made over the top false claims like you have done repeatedly about the game. I gave a score and FACTUAL INFORMATION. No over hype. So Yes, you should stand corrected. [/b]

Just admit that we won handily in 2011, and admit that if y'all hadn't gone to play Pop Warner in 2010, you would have likely lost to us then, too. 

[b]According to Webster:
hand·i·ly (hnd-l, -dl-)
adv.
1. In an easy manner.
2. In a convenient manner[/b]

[b]This does not describe the way you won the game. [color=red]22-20 is not handily.[/color]Admitting defeat to a game that was never played is just foolish, that's not going to happen here or anywhere else where competitive individuals are concerned.[/b]

If not, we'll just have to agree to wait and see what happens when these two teams meet up again this year.

[b]Have no problems with this at all. I have already stated multiple times that these 2 teams will have some great games against one another in the future NO MATTER WHO WINS. No problems here giving props or acknowledging a victory or a loss in a manner that's respectful to all involved. [color=orange]Unlike some on this thread.[/b][/color]

Ok, who besides me and Rake is excited about seeing a little BC-WOS 8th grade football?
[/quote]

[b]Excited about football in general. Several great athletes from Golden Triangle schools that will be fun to watch this year. [/b]

My work here is done!
Rake1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder