21-3A -Fight for 2nd place Spot- Running From Yates!!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1356932" timestamp="1355951209"]
Yates is going to have this 3rd round game scheduled in 3rd ward at Texas Southern University.  :D ;D
[/quote]

Am so glad to hear that Yates gets to do all of the scheduling without consideration for the opponent.  "Fairness" abounds.

Yates is a Good team no question but come playoffs they will not be playin Buna Spurger (no offense to those fans) They will play HardinJefferson or Silsbee tigers Two teams who have made their names on being underdogs and causing major upsets in years And both teams will play Yates like its the State Championship, they may play horriable in other games but my gut tells me either team willl play the best games of thiere high school career win lose or draw

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1358980" timestamp="1356662633"]
Yates isnt as good as u think they are Bluedove. They are better than moat 3A teams but I think a team from 213A will upset them.
[/quote]Yates is not as good as in the past, I agree. But Yates is still above most public schools in Texas. Yates can match Silsbee's speed AND they are big and athletic. It is what it is!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1359012" timestamp="1356667996"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=100336.msg1358980#msg1358980 date=1356662633]
Yates isnt as good as u think they are Bluedove. They are better than moat 3A teams but I think a team from 213A will upset them.
[/quote]Yates is not as good as in the past, I agree. But Yates is still above most public schools in Texas. Yates can match Silsbee's speed AND they are big and athletic. It is what it is!!
[/quote]

Why arent they as good as in the past?  Did some recruits slip away?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1359012" timestamp="1356667996"]
[/quote]

Yates is beatable this year.  It will take a great effort to pull it out but it isn't impossible.  Yes size is their BIG advantage.  After seeing them earlier this year,  I feel my Tigers have a slight edge in speed.  If you get Yates starters in foul trouble,  there is only one or two players left on the bench with any significant size.( if they are still starting the same five)  if they are starting those same five,  their ball handling skills were not great, granted this was the first game of the year.

[quote name="ST413" post="1359035" timestamp="1356687322"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100336.msg1359012#msg1359012 date=1356667996]
[/quote]

Yates is beatable this year.  It will take a great effort to pull it out but it isn't impossible.  Yes size is their BIG advantage.  After seeing them earlier this year,  I feel my Tigers have a slight edge in speed.  If you get Yates starters in foul trouble,  there is only one or two players left on the bench with any significant size.( if they are still starting the same five)  if they are starting those same five,  their ball handling skills were not great, granted this was the first game of the year.
[/quote]I agree with you 100% ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1359016" timestamp="1356669362"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100336.msg1359012#msg1359012 date=1356667996]
[/quote]

Why arent they as good as in the past?  Did some recruits slip away?
[/quote]Housing market has picked up. Maybe you will see better talent move in  ;D

If WOS, HJ or Silsbee played Yates it would take everything + more to beat them. Yates does not have the same team that won those 4A titles but just google this team & look at the schedule they are playing. They have size, speed, athletes & a small point guard who wins dunk contests. To beat them you would have to keep the game close & make them shoot free throws at the end. Last year HJ would have been the best 21-3A team to play them but this year it seems that out of 21-3A Silsbee would give them the most trouble. Besides size Silsbee seems to have everything needed to match-up against them. Good luck to whoever plays them.

[quote name="Tiger05" post="1359079" timestamp="1356712272"]
If WOS, HJ or Silsbee played Yates it would take everything + more to beat them. Yates does not have the same team that won those 4A titles but just google this team & look at the schedule they are playing. They have size, speed, athletes & a small point guard who wins dunk contests. To beat them you would have to keep the game close & make them shoot free throws at the end. Last year HJ would have been the best 21-3A team to play them but this year it seems that out of 21-3A Silsbee would give them the most trouble. Besides size Silsbee seems to have everything needed to match-up against them. Good luck to whoever plays them.
[/quote]Telling it like it is. As far as the team in this area who would hang with Yates in 3-A, my vote would also go to Silsbee. Silsbee team plays with heart and hustle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder