21-3A -Fight for 2nd place Spot- Running From Yates!!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1227979" timestamp="1338569122"]
Interesting, maybe Silsbee and HJ will be trying to get second this year in district. Lets see how this works out.

Silsbee to HJ: Please shoot and score. I'd love for you to place first in district.

HJ to Silsbee: Oh no, you deserve first place!

8)

[/quote]

Haha!! ;D

This will get them going, but honestly this could be the exact case!! No coach is actually welcoming the challenge of Yates in 3A.. They are just having to deal with it

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1227991" timestamp="1338570994"]
::) ::)

Neither team will be running from Yates.

I spoke with the coaches and some of the players for Silsbee, they welcome the challenge.
[/quote] Of course you gotta play'em. Something they can tell their grand kids

[quote name="jenks" post="1228247" timestamp="1338699734"]
You must dream about Yates or something. Not worried about Yates, they recruite well, but some of us do also. Teams change every year.
[/quote]Dream on jenks ;) Yates does not recruit. "Build and they shall follow."

I wonder if Vitale and Dove have a multitude of Yates basketball pics glued to the walls of their bedrooms.  Seems to me there is some stalking tendencies going on here. I thought society gave up polytheism years ago. It is sickening to hear the continued onslaught of Yate's greatness.  So what if a local team gets beat down in the regionals or deep in the playoffs by Sir Yates, at least they can say they made it to that level.  Getting beat 50 or 1 point it all spells defeat the same way. 

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1228258" timestamp="1338726737"]
I wonder if Vitale and Dove have a multitude of Yates basketball pics glued to the walls of their bedrooms.  Seems to me there is some stalking tendencies going on here. I thought society gave up polytheism years ago. It is sickening to hear the continued onslaught of Yate's greatness.  So what if a local team gets beat down in the regionals or deep in the playoffs by Sir Yates, at least they can say they made it to that level.  Getting beat 50 or 1 point it all spells defeat the same way.
[/quote] No pictures but I DEFINITELY have years of fond memories beating Yates during high school. ;) And its just as sickening to keep reading that Yates is cheating to win. They are not cheating- some of you have [u]misdirected[/u] hater issues.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1228263" timestamp="1338728878"]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=100336.msg1228258#msg1228258 date=1338726737]
[/quote] No pictures but I DEFINITELY have years of fond memories beating Yates during high school. ;) And its just as sickening to keep reading that Yates is cheating to win. They are not cheating- some of you have [u]misdirected[/u] hater issues.
[/quote]
I could not had said it better, Bluedove!! Once again, when KINGWOOD was benefitting from players and getting to Austin, cheating was NEVER a word that came out of these people's mouth here...funny, huh? ::)....Dove and I are both FROM Houston, and the Yates coach is from my father's coaching tree, and is a family friend....Therefore I am going to let you people know the truth...I am also sick of seeing you folks on here accusing them of recruiting because they are winning. Just not fair to those kids or to Coach Wise.

Never once echoed a negative word against Yates basketball program. My complaint is directed towards the foaming at the mouth of their greatness. Also how they will end all chances for any other 3a program to a chance to win state.  Any team that experiences success will have endure their fair share of critics.  On the other hand, their success speaks for it self and does not need to continually flaunted. 

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1228283" timestamp="1338735962"]
Never once echoed a negative word against Yates basketball program. My complaint is directed towards the foaming at the mouth of their greatness. Also how they will end all chances for any other 3a program to a chance to win state.  Any team that experiences success will have endure their fair share of critics.  On the other hand, their success speaks for it self and does not need to continually flaunted. 
[/quote]
Dove and I are just having fun with the area guys, really...I know that they will not just hand the 3A title to Yates next year, BUT.... ::) ::) 8).....I wouldn't bet against them either! ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228285" timestamp="1338736129"]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=100336.msg1228283#msg1228283 date=1338735962]
[/quote]
Dove and I are just having fun with the area guys, really...I know that they will not just hand the 3A title to Yates next year, BUT.... ::) ::) 8).....I wouldn't bet against them either! ;)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1228256" timestamp="1338725720"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=100336.msg1228247#msg1228247 date=1338699734]
You must dream about Yates or something. Not worried about Yates, they recruit well, but some of us do also. Teams change every year.
[/quote]Dream on jenks ;) Yates does not recruit. "Build and they shall follow."
[/quote]
I am from Houston also. Sometimes those HISD coaches are not the best quality coaches. When they play some well coached 21-3a teams they will be out coached.

[quote name="jenks" post="1228334" timestamp="1338762056"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100336.msg1228256#msg1228256 date=1338725720]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=100336.msg1228247#msg1228247 date=1338699734]
You must dream about Yates or something. Not worried about Yates, they recruit well, but some of us do also. Teams change every year.
[/quote]
I am from Houston also. Sometimes those HISD coaches are not the best quality coaches. When they play some well coached 21-3a teams they will be out coached.
[/quote]
Against MOST HISD coaches these days, I would have to agree with that statement...But against Yates, that will not be an advantage for 21-3A...But you are right, there are very few quality HISD basketball coaches...They have either retired or moved on to other districts...Facilities among other things make it hard to attract quality coaches in HISD...Wise is one of the best in HISD...He is one of about 4, honestly that are even OK head coaches...Its a bad situation overall, but Wise is a good one.

Nothing against Wise, but It doesnt take a basketball guru to run a full-court run-and-jump press with players that are taller than the other team.. You think the dominance was something in 4A? Name one 3A team that can handle Yates.. Go on.. I will be waiting

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1228345" timestamp="1338768539"]
Nothing against Wise, but It doesnt take a basketball guru to run a full-court run-and-jump press with players that are taller than the other team.. You think the dominance was something in 4A? Name one 3A team that can handle Yates.. Go on.. I will be waiting
[/quote]
See, its not JUST pressing..thats where people are mistaken..Its constant pressure defense, DISCIPLINE, smart transition, and non stop running...You are right, though...At this point, I do not see any 3A team beating them next season...They will not go completely un-challenged, I don't think, but they will definitely be a tough out in class 3A next year.

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1228456" timestamp="1338841811"]
It is kind of hard to win the Kentucky Derby on a Jack Ass
[/quote] You're finally getting to what I've been trying to tell the 21-3A participants. Just hop on and enjoy the short ride while it last. ;)

Do you think the Little Dribblers National Division champ would beat the American or Continental Division champs in any given year?

Yep, so do I. 

Would it be particularly fun for any of the participants or for anybody to watch?  Not really.

So tell me again who will enjoy this? 

[quote name="Pumper" post="1228473" timestamp="1338848204"]
Do you think the Little Dribblers National Division champ would beat the American or Continental Division champs in any given year?

Yep, so do I. 

Would it be particularly fun for any of the participants or for anybody to watch?  Not really.

So tell me again who will enjoy this?
[/quote] (1) The Record Books (2) The 3-4 college coaches in attendance to see Yates' players (3) Yates alums

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1228456" timestamp="1338841811"]
[/quote]

Lamar 73- You need to understand why all of this Yates stuff ever came about anyway.  In earlier days, there were many efforts made to discredit HJ basketball.  Same old stuff- schedule too weak, wrong tournaments, bribed officials- yada yada yada yada yada-  When none of those "schemes" seem to catch on there needed to be a way to "knock the boys down a notch or two".  Hence the Yates worship program which is basically a staple of two posters and nobody else.  Rest assured that if by some "accident", HJ would play Yates and come out on top, the Yates clamoring would stop ( after all the accusations of blind luck, poor Yates shooting, cheating refs, and whatever other standard excuses evolved) and we would be told that HJ would never have a chance against a good team like Flower Mound Marcus.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1228527" timestamp="1338897557"]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=100336.msg1228456#msg1228456 date=1338841811]
[/quote]

Lamar 73- You need to understand why all of this Yates stuff ever came about anyway.  In earlier days, there were many efforts made to discredit HJ basketball.  Same old stuff- schedule too weak, wrong tournaments, bribed officials- yada yada yada yada yada-  When none of those "schemes" seem to catch on there needed to be a way to "knock the boys down a notch or two".  Hence the Yates worship program which is basically a staple of two posters and nobody else.  Rest assured that if by some "accident", HJ would play Yates and come out on top, the Yates clamoring would stop ( after all the accusations of blind luck, poor Yates shooting, cheating refs, and whatever other standard excuses evolved) and we would be told that HJ would never have a chance against a good team like Flower Mound Marcus.
[/quote] Here is my prediction IF HJ was lucky enough to meet Yates: (1) HJ would slow the game down, causing Yates to shoot ill-advised 3's in their half court set-up (2) Yates would lob ball inside to their bigs-get their fouls, get one & one on free throw line, or (3) u fill in the blank.

Either way, Yates win under 100 points.

Bluedove, you know better than that......Yates would smack HJ by 50, then get accused of recruiting by a few posters on here....When they know darn well that all of their guys were certainly not "home grown" themselves...50...ESPECIALLY next season...50...I would encourage Coach Wise to make a statement in that game, if it were to happen... ;) ;D ;D...(Of course I am kidding)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder