21-3A -Fight for 2nd place Spot- Running From Yates!!!

I've answered your question.....no, he did not.

I've shown the reasonable academic argument for it, I've got two signatures from the "jilted" Beaumont ISD that say it.

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I haven't answered the question.

Now, did the PAPF forms for those young men that had to "sit out and play JV" have the same signatures?  Evidently not.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229132" timestamp="1339074355"]
DID HE TRANSFER FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES? Its a very simple question and an obvious answer goes with it...And you refuse to do so.....CHECK MATE. ;)
[/quote]

Excuse me, Mr. Checkmate.  It looks like your question has been answered but you have not reciprocated to the query by WOSgrad.  It's your move.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229135" timestamp="1339074640"]

I've shown the reasonable academic argument for it, I've got two signatures from the "jilted" Beaumont ISD that say it.

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I haven't answered the question.

Now, did the PAPF forms for those young men that had to "sit out and play JV" have the same signatures?  Evidently not.
[/quote]
WOS grad, I call BS...Those academic arguments are weak as water...Its not like Central was about to be shut down by TEA due to low scores!! They were MOSTLY acceptable and even Recognized...THATS BS...You KNOW, but will NEVER admit that HJ has gotten the fortune of transfers just as Yates has...Maybe not as many, but its all relative....YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT A KID WOULD LEAVE CENTRAL FOR HJ FOR ACADEMICS...PLEASE! It was 100% basketball related...Do not insult people's intelligence on here trying to make the academic argument.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229138" timestamp="1339075650"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229135#msg1229135 date=1339074640]

[/quote]
WOS grad, I call BS...Those academic arguments are weak as water...Its not like Central was about to be shut down by TEA due to low scores!! They were MOSTLY acceptable and even Recognized...THATS BS...You KNOW, but will NEVER admit that HJ has gotten the fortune of transfers just as Yates has...Maybe not as many, but its all relative....YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT A KID WOULD LEAVE CENTRAL FOR HJ FOR ACADEMICS...PLEASE! It was 100% basketball related...Do not insult people's intelligence on here trying to make the academic argument.
[/quote]

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it isn't true. 

When, H-J gets transfers that equal 4% of their ADA (1000/41=.041=4.1%), then you might have an argument.

But you still haven't answered my question, are you calling Rodney Saveat a liar?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229142" timestamp="1339077796"]
Are there 41 kids coming in to play basketball? HECK NO...DID HJ GET A KID THAT TRANSFERRED FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES OR NOT? That is the million dollar question.. ::)
[/quote]

Dickie- Until I told you about the 41, you hadnt the foggiest idea they had that many applicants - Are you suggesting the 41 kids are clamoring to join the football or swimming programs?

DV- If I am understanding you correctly, this is what you are suggesting:

1.  There is a strong possibility that the transfer from Central to HJ (again 1 in five years) transferred for athletic purposes

2.  At the same time, the 41 kids( not one infive years but FORTY ONE RIGHT NOW- yet you wish to consider them as similar circumstances) who are trying to get into Yates are NOT trying to join the basketball program and have NEVER had a conversation with Mr. Wise about joining the program prior to submitting their application.

When you have a chance, get on google and try to find something that will instruct you about joining the real world.

This question appeared on the PAPF form of the transfer to H-J:

"Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes?"

The box was checked "no" and signed by Rodney Saveat and a Central high official.  Are you calling them liars?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229147" timestamp="1339078653"]

"Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes?"

The box was checked "no" and signed by Rodney Saveat and a Central high official.  Are you calling them liars?
[/quote]
Nope...certain guys have the attitude that if he wants to leave, let them go...I think, knowing Rodney Savaet, that was his stance..

[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229146#msg1229146 date=1339078455]

1.  There is a strong possibility that the transfer from Central to HJ (again 1 in five years) transferred for athletic purposes

2.  At the same time, the 41 kids( not one infive years but FORTY ONE RIGHT NOW- yet you wish to consider them as similar circumstances) who are trying to get into Yates are NOT trying to join the basketball program and have NEVER had a conversation with Mr. Wise about joining the program prior to submitting their application.

When you have a chance, get on google and try to find something that will instruct you about joining the real world.

[/quote]
Who says they are NOT coming for other reasons other than basketball? Yates has a magnet school of communications careers, you know...Kids love radio and television too...I GUARANTEE they are not all basketball related..Not even 1/4 of them...1/8!....1/10th!! GUARANTEE IT..

I think most on here (if not everyone) will find that your "personal guarantee" on this issue is no more credible than your "instinct" that George Zimmerman was a racist seeking to shoot a black person.  Should we start a poll and see if I am right or wrong?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229150" timestamp="1339079142"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229147#msg1229147 date=1339078653]

[/quote]
Nope...certain guys have the attitude that if he wants to leave, let them go...I think, knowing Rodney Savaet, that was his stance..

[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229146#msg1229146 date=1339078455]

[/quote]
Who says they are NOT coming for other reasons other than basketball? Yates has a magnet school of communications careers, you know...Kids love radio and television too...I GUARANTEE they are not all basketball related..Not even 1/4 of them...1/8!....1/10th!! GUARANTEE IT..
[/quote]

If he signs off saying the transfer was not for athletic purposes and you say that the kid did transfer for athletic purposes, then you are calling Rodney Saveat a liar.

As for Yates, let's look at their 10 year window that you specified:

2002 - Low performing
2003 - NR
2004 - Unacceptable
2005 - Acceptable
2006 - Unacceptable
2007 - Acceptable
2008 - Acceptable
2009 - Acceptable
2010 - Acceptable
2011 - Unacceptable

Yeah, I would want my kid going to THIS school for an education.

Game over, insert quarter and try again.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229152" timestamp="1339079592"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229150#msg1229150 date=1339079142]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229147#msg1229147 date=1339078653]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If he signs off saying the transfer was not for athletic purposes and you say that the kid did transfer for athletic purposes, then you are calling Rodney Saveat a liar.

As for Yates, let's look at their 10 year window that you specified:

2002 - Low performing
2003 - NR
2004 - Unacceptable
2005 - Acceptable
2006 - Unacceptable
2007 - Acceptable
2008 - Acceptable
2009 - Acceptable
2010 - Acceptable
2011 - Unacceptable

Yeah, I would want my kid going to THIS school for an education.

Game over, insert quarter and try again.
[/quote]

L O L    L O L  L O L  L O L

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229151" timestamp="1339079277"]
I think most on here (if not everyone) will find that your "personal guarantee" on this issue is no more credible than your "instinct" that George Zimmerman was a racist seeking to shoot a black person.  Should we start a poll and see if I am right or wrong?
[/quote]

You forgot his iron clad guarantee in this very forum that Houston ISD was going to appeal the placing of, ironically, the same Yates High School in 3A.  And that HISD had "miscounted" the Yates student population.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229156" timestamp="1339080092"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229151#msg1229151 date=1339079277]
[/quote]

You forgot his iron clad guarantee in this very forum that Houston ISD was going to appeal the placing of, ironically, the same Yates High School in 3A.  And that HISD had "miscounted" the Yates student population.
[/quote]
And they DID WANT to appeal it but the HISD administration said no...However you both conveniently forgot to answer my question to you both...HAS HJ HAD A PLAYER TRANSFER FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS? We all KNOW the answer, I just want to know if you will man up and admit to the truth.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229164" timestamp="1339082571"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229156#msg1229156 date=1339080092]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229151#msg1229151 date=1339079277]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And they DID WANT to appeal it but the HISD administration said no...However you both conveniently forgot to answer my question to you both...HAS HJ HAD A PLAYER TRANSFER FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS? We all KNOW the answer, I just want to know if you will man up and admit to the truth.
[/quote]

The answer is NO- Just like the 41 Yates applicants are going there for academic excellence.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229165" timestamp="1339082647"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229164#msg1229164 date=1339082571]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The answer is NO- Just like the 41 Yates applicants are going there for academic excellence.
[/quote]
LIAR! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229168" timestamp="1339083561"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229165#msg1229165 date=1339082647]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229164#msg1229164 date=1339082571]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LIAR! 8)
[/quote]

Pot/kettle

According to Johnson's transfer paperwork, he did not move to HJ for athletic reasons, therefore he was allowed to play varsity ball the first year, unlike those at Yates (and sadly, even Silsbee) had to play JV ball their first year of transfer. It was deemed they moved for athletic reasons or had not established residency.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1229175" timestamp="1339085623"]
According to Johnson's transfer paperwork, he did not move to HJ for athletic reasons, therefore he was allowed to play varsity ball the first year, unlike those at Yates (and sadly, even Silsbee) had to play JV ball their first year of transfer. It was deemed they moved for athletic reasons or had not established residency.
[/quote]
The issue at Yates WAS residency.  I know what the paperwork may say in the HJ case but, do you honestly think that kids parents said: Hmmmm, I think we will enroll our son in HJISD because they have better scenery and the academics are better..." NO....Resounding NO...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229177" timestamp="1339085864"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100336.msg1229175#msg1229175 date=1339085623]
[/quote]
The issue at Yates WAS residency.  I know what the paperwork may say in the HJ case but, do you honestly think that kids parents said: Hmmmm, I think we will enroll our son in HJISD because they have better scenery and the academics are better..." NO....Resounding NO...
[/quote]

Even more sad - You believe that YOU know more and are better qualified to make those judgements than the District Committees.  And you also KNOW that those 41 people coming into Yates are not there because of basketball.  This all began because so many people seem to have noticed an abnormally large number of kids moving to Yates and all you can do is talk about 1 that has moved to HJ.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229184" timestamp="1339087225"]
If you kill 1 person, or 41, you still go to prison.....My point is you cannot continue to slap Yates on the wrist with allegations, when HJ has done (accepted transfers) the EXACT same thing!
[/quote]

I still contend that recruiting takes place at Yates and it does not at HJ.  You demanded honesty a while ago and now permit me to ask you to "man up" on this situation.  If the transfer you are questioning had decided to leave Central and go to Ozen, you would have had NO PROBLEM with it at all.  Furthermore, what you resent the most is that you feel that the aforementioned individual abandoned "the cause" that is so important to you.  As for your "murder illustration", here is another way to look at it.  OJ didnt go to prison  and Mr. Zimmerman probably won't either.  Ted Bundy did.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229164" timestamp="1339082571"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Already answered your question a half a dozen times, no.  Because I refuse to, unlike you, call Rodney Saveat a liar.

Again, just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't answer it.

But you will again claim that I did not answer the question, so I will have to then point out I have answered it a half a dozen times plus one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476