21-3A -Fight for 2nd place Spot- Running From Yates!!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1228865" timestamp="1338947120"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1228860#msg1228860 date=1338946063]
Like I said...CASE CLOSED...They sat, played JV, now they are CLEAR...No questions asked...OHHHHH, but MY question was never answered about Hardin Jefferson. HAVE THEY HAD A PLAYER IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS TRANSFER INTO THEIR SCHOOL FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES? I know the answer to that one, just want to make sure a certain poster understands the definition of "transferring for athletic purposes".... ::)
[/quote]

Dickie- I understand that definition EVERY BIT AS WELL as you ever did.  I have been married to an educator for more years than you have been in this world, and have two other educators in my immediate family, so you neednt worry about my understanding of definitions pertaining to education.  Do you  understand what a blatant lie it is to keep saying that all of Yates players are homegrown when so many had to sit out a year and, at the same time, Westend gave you the names of 4 players who transferred in from other schools?
[/quote]

They are as "home grown" as your boys from Sour Lake....Born and raised in Houston! ;)

[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=100336.msg1228867#msg1228867 date=1338947230]
The best players for Yates are not homegrown.. They are transfers.. But Yates follows the rules of transfers so that they dont get in trouble
[/quote]
I will go with that... 8)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228868" timestamp="1338947270"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1228865#msg1228865 date=1338947120]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1228860#msg1228860 date=1338946063]
Like I said...CASE CLOSED...They sat, played JV, now they are CLEAR...No questions asked...OHHHHH, but MY question was never answered about Hardin Jefferson. HAVE THEY HAD A PLAYER IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS TRANSFER INTO THEIR SCHOOL FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES? I know the answer to that one, just want to make sure a certain poster understands the definition of "transferring for athletic purposes".... ::)
[/quote]

Dickie- I understand that definition EVERY BIT AS WELL as you ever did.  I have been married to an educator for more years than you have been in this world, and have two other educators in my immediate family, so you neednt worry about my understanding of definitions pertaining to education.  Do you  understand what a blatant lie it is to keep saying that all of Yates players are homegrown when so many had to sit out a year and, at the same time, Westend gave you the names of 4 players who transferred in from other schools?
[/quote]

They are as "home grown" as your boys from Sour Lake....Born and raised in Houston! ;)

[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=100336.msg1228867#msg1228867 date=1338947230]
The best players for Yates are not homegrown.. They are transfers.. But Yates follows the rules of transfers so that they dont get in trouble
[/quote]
[b]I will go with tha[/b]t... 8)
[/quote]

And, therefore, are not homegrown.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1228884" timestamp="1338950612"]
The four players mentioned earlier by westend have already sat out their year and played varsity last season. Those are the players I was speaking about.

I have no knowledge of any player on the Yates JV from last season.
[/quote]

Their JV was loaded.. Could have made it to regionals as a varsity team

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1228887" timestamp="1338950926"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100336.msg1228884#msg1228884 date=1338950612]
The four players mentioned earlier by westend have already sat out their year and played varsity last season. Those are the players I was speaking about.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't that amazing?  That school (just coincidentally, of course) manages to keep turning out the top JV and Varsity programs in the state and with all "homegrown" players- quite an accomplishment) Most schools have their good years and bad years but not at Yates.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1228916" timestamp="1338983693"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=100336.msg1228887#msg1228887 date=1338950926]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100336.msg1228884#msg1228884 date=1338950612]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't that amazing?  That school (just coincidentally, of course) manages to keep turning out the top JV and Varsity programs in the state and with all "homegrown" players- quite an accomplishment) Most schools have their good years and bad years but not at Yates.
[/quote] I already heard a top 8th grader wants to attend Yates. Build and they shall follow.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1228924" timestamp="1338988077"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1228916#msg1228916 date=1338983693]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=100336.msg1228887#msg1228887 date=1338950926]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I already heard a top 8th grader wants to attend Yates. Build and they shall follow.
[/quote]

A top 8th grader from where?  The Cy-Fair area?  The Katy area?  It's all considered "Houston" by Dickie V.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1228944" timestamp="1338992636"]
You are right.  And Dickie will declare him as homegrown
[/quote]
So is Beaumont now considered the Greater Sour Lake area?  ::) ::) Nash, kids transfer.....it happens...Its the new culture in high school athletics...I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is what it is...No harm in it....Just stop criticizing others as if it doesn't happen in your own backyard.

Dove or DV my question never got answered just a rhetorical joke was made..  Does Wise win consistantly and a District Champ. at HF, OF or I'll even throw WO-S in the mix?  Those 3 teams seem to be on the bubble each yr for the 3rd spot in the 21-3a.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228860" timestamp="1338946063"]
[/quote]
Last I checked, HJ was the better team last year (since they beat Bmt Central). You want us to believe that he left an inferior team (Central) so he could get more PT at a superior school?? Hmmm??

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1228951" timestamp="1338995753"]
Dove or DV my question never got answered just a rhetorical joke was made..  Does Wise win consistantly and a District Champ. at HF, OF or I'll even throw WO-S in the mix?  Those 3 teams seem to be on the bubble each yr for the 3rd spot in the 21-3a.
[/quote] YES!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1228958" timestamp="1338996762"]
[/quote]
Last I checked, HJ was the better team last year (since they beat Bmt Central). You want us to believe that he left an inferior team (Central) so he could get more PT at a superior school?? Hmmm??
[/quote]
SUPERIOR? Man you sound crazy! :o...I am not going to discuss in detail or call out kids by name, but if you are trying to convince me that ANY kid would leave a Beaumont school and play for HJ just for the sake of "academics" you can stop right now. 

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228971" timestamp="1338997986"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100336.msg1228958#msg1228958 date=1338996762]
[/quote]
[/quote]
SUPERIOR? Man you sound crazy! :o...I am not going to discuss in detail or call out kids by name, but if you are trying to convince me that ANY kid would leave a Beaumont school and play for HJ just for the sake of "academics" you can stop right now.
[/quote]
Didn't HJ beat Central last year? You claim that he transferred to HJ bc he was not getting enough PT, right? So he goes to a school with a better basketball team? How does that make sense? If you were sitting the bench at Kansas State, would you transfer to Kansas in hope of more PT??

[quote name="team first" post="1228974" timestamp="1338998506"]
Could wise win at hf, of wos, bc (district champs) no chance in heck.
And most parents that value education would get there kids out of bmt to any where else. Be it Kelly, hj, u name it.
[/quote]
Thats not true at all...I would elaborate, but it would do no good...I know why people on THIS site say that, but just FYI....BISD performed better in the last 10 years than ANY AREA DISTRICT....Look it up.

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100336.msg1228976#msg1228976 date=1338998768]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1228971#msg1228971 date=1338997986]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100336.msg1228958#msg1228958 date=1338996762]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Didn't HJ beat Central last year? You claim that he transferred to HJ bc he was not getting enough PT, right? So he goes to a school with a better basketball team? How does that make sense? If you were sitting the bench at Kansas State, would you transfer to Kansas in hope of more PT??
[/quote]
You CANNOT compare the two...HJ has an outstanding coaching staff and basketball program...Central has neither, so why would a kid leave Central to go to HJ?....BASKETBALL PROGRAM

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228979" timestamp="1338999481"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=100336.msg1228974#msg1228974 date=1338998506]
And most parents that value education would get there kids out of bmt to any where else. Be it Kelly, hj, u name it.
[/quote]
Thats not true at all...I would elaborate, but it would do no good...I know why people on THIS site say that, but just FYI....BISD performed better in the last 10 years than ANY AREA DISTRICT....Look it up.

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100336.msg1228976#msg1228976 date=1338998768]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1228971#msg1228971 date=1338997986]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
You CANNOT compare the two...HJ has an outstanding coaching staff and basketball program...Central has neither, so why would a kid leave Central to go to HJ?....BASKETBALL PROGRAM
[/quote]

1) Um, I did look it up and I don't think you will like what I will find.

[b]TEA ACCOUNTABILTY RATINGS 2002-2011[/b]
[table]
[tr][td][color=black]Year[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black][u]Beaumont Central High [/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black][u]Hardin-Jefferson High[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2002[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Low performing[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Exemplary[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2003[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]NR[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]NR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2004[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2005[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Unacceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2006[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black] Not rated[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2007[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2008[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Accpetable[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2009[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Recognized[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Recognized[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2010*[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Recognized[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]2011[/td][td]    [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][td]      [/td][td][color=black]Acceptable[/td][/tr][/table]

Source:  http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/

Now I put the asterisk on the 2010 ratings for a reason.  That is because, according to the timeline that Nash provided earlier, this would have been the known TEA ratings at the time that the young man in question would have transferred from Central to Hardin-Jefferson, so it is reasonable that the young man's parents, seeing that comparison, could have determined that their son would receive a better education attending Hardin-Jefferson High School rather than Central, the school that they were zoned to in Beaumont.

2)  By your post, I guess that you have answered my earlier question and are willing to call Beaumont ISD AD Rodney Saveat and either the Central basketball coach or the principal there liars.  Because, in a form that is REQUIRED to be filled out by an athlete, new school and former school district, the athletic director of the former school district (or superintendent) AND the coach or principal must check "yes" or "no" to this question:

"Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes?"

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/papf.pdf

Both Mr. Saveat and the Central coach or principal presumably signed off on a form that had "No" checked for that question.

I guess the Beaumont ISD will be interested to hear that you, in your infinite knowledge, are ready to proclaim them liars.

Here is some "bad" news for you Dickie that is [b]public information[/b] ( that I got from that reliable source of mine that you like to mention.

F A C T:  Undeniable F A C T:  The DEC records reflect that CURRENTLY, Yates has 41 (yes that is FORTY ONE) PAPF applications for incoming freshmen.  Still sticking to your homegrown story, DV?

Bottom line- there are currently 41 incoming freshmen trying to transfer to yates.  As previously stated, isnt it interesting that the overall school population is declining but the basketball "applicants" grows substantially.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228979" timestamp="1338999481"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=100336.msg1228974#msg1228974 date=1338998506]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

DICKIE- regarding your "school performance" allegation- Look this up-  U.S. News and World REport on College Readiness  HJ ranked 148th in the state(and THE highest in region 5)  NONE-ZERO-NADA BISD schools were on that list.  It doesnt matter what you know, who you know, or where you are from.  It is simply the truth and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do to alter that FACT.

I don't understand why people here are so interested in Yates, LOL

The players on JV looked really good last year, without there freshamn PG who was out with a knee injury, but is healthy once again. 

I know 2 of the other JV players from last year and they were not ready for Varsity ball, but my my how they have gotten better. 

I cannot wait to see how they play this fall, it is great to see young men become better and work so hard. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="1229064" timestamp="1339024727"]

The players on JV looked really good last year, without there freshamn PG who was out with a knee injury, but is healthy once again. 

I know 2 of the other JV players from last year and they were not ready for Varsity ball, but my my how they have gotten better. 

I cannot wait to see how they play this fall, it is great to see young men become better and work so hard.
[/quote]

I agree.  Just think- not only do you have the good players that are from Yates, but 41 more trying to transfer in.  It makes things more than equitable, dont you agree?  It seems a little silly to suggest that for any reason OTHER than everyone is trying to go to school there, that the team is so good.  I't's gonna take DV a little time to respond because, for the sake of maintaining his self appointed image of " knowing everything" he is going to have to research the 41 incoming freshmen story and try to spin it some way by either saying he knew about it or it is no different than 1 transfer coming to HJ over the last 5 years.  Definitely very "similar' situations. ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229068" timestamp="1339025188"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=100336.msg1229064#msg1229064 date=1339024727]

[/quote]

I agree.  Just think- not only do you have the good players that are from Yates, but 41 more trying to transfer in.  It makes things more than equitable, dont you agree?  It seems a little silly to suggest that for any reason OTHER than everyone is trying to go to school there, that the team is so good.  I't's gonna take DV a little time to respond because, for the sake of maintaining his self appointed image of " knowing everything" he is going to have to research the 41 incoming freshmen story and try to spin it some way by either saying he knew about it or it is no different than 1 transfer coming to HJ over the last 5 years.  Definitely very "similar' situations. ;D
[/quote]
So what! 41 STUDENTS want to attend a school that is rich in tradition...Does that mean they were recruited somehow to play basketball? NO...and as for those TEA ratings...I said BISD as a whole, NOT Central High alone....Please do not insult my intelligence by trying to somehow prove that the kid who transferred to HJ did not go for ATHLETIC PURPOSES...NOT TRYING TO HEAR THAT.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229108" timestamp="1339040815"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229068#msg1229068 date=1339025188]

[/quote]

[/quote]
So what! 41 STUDENTS want to attend a school that is rich in tradition...Does that mean they were recruited somehow to play basketball? NO...and as for those TEA ratings...I said BISD as a whole, NOT Central High alone....Please do not insult my intelligence by trying to somehow prove that the kid who transferred to HJ did not go for ATHLETIC PURPOSES...NOT TRYING TO HEAR THAT.
[/quote]

So you are calling Rodney Saveat a liar.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229108" timestamp="1339040815"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100336.msg1229068#msg1229068 date=1339025188]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

No doubt about it.  Rodney Saveat is a liar and Yates has 41 new "HOMEGROWN" applicants  By the way BISD as a whole has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the situation you described.  The situation obviously entails Central and HJ.  That is your weakest crawfish effort yet.  Bottom line (of course you will never admit) is that you regard the young man in question as a "basketball Uncle Tom".  Yes, that one transfer in 5 years is terrible, but 41 applicants at Yates is fine.  OUTSTANDING logic.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder