Top 10 players in 2013 in SETX???

[quote name="tokenwb" post="1227742" timestamp="1338514269"]
I'll have to admit I'm a little bias towards Silsbee, but Donte Wilson is one of the better Point Guards I saw play last year.  Quick,  great ball handler and passer. In my opinion he is the floor leader for Silsbee.
[/quote]As you should be. Gotta respect your beliefs

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Silsbee stays healthy, I see them going on a very long winning streak! If somehow they get some size, I would put some good money that they give Yates a run for their money! Yates will win no doubt but it won't be a win mor than 12 points. Take that to the bank! I hate that if Silsbee wins district, they have to play Yates in the 3rd round somehwhere in Houston I bet. Id have that game played at Lamar, Lufkin, or Tyler JC just so the deve distance is fair!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1227749" timestamp="1338515454"]
If Silsbee stays healthy, I see them going on a very long winning streak! If somehow they get some size, I would put some good money that they give Yates a run for their money! Yates will win no doubt but it won't be a win mor than 12 points. Take that to the bank! I hate that if Silsbee wins district, they have to play Yates in the 3rd round somehwhere in Houston I bet. Id have that game played at Lamar, Lufkin, or Tyler JC just so the deve distance is fair!
[/quote]Yates will be too big, fast, and  athletic.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1227749" timestamp="1338515454"]
[/quote]
Depends on how the brackets are drawn up too. May see them in the 3rd round, but may not see them until the Reguonal Finals. If Ozen had won their semi-final game this past year in the regional tourney, they would have faced them in the regional finals.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1227791" timestamp="1338522485"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=100215.msg1227749#msg1227749 date=1338515454]
[/quote]
Depends on how the brackets are drawn up too. May see them in the 3rd round, but may not see them until the Reguonal Finals. If Ozen had won their semi-final game this past year in the regional tourney, they would have faced them in the regional finals.
[/quote]

The brackets have already been established for the next two years.

21-3A district champ would play Yates in the 3rd round. (assuming Yates wins their district ;))
21-3A runner up would not see Yates till the regional finals (assuming the same)
21-3A third place would play Yates in the 2nd round  (/\ /\)

Now, let's please get back on topic (including myself). Top players returning for next season.

• 2 months later...
I base this on production from the last season.  I don't follow high school kids around on the AAU circuit and I'm sure the bigs from Central and PAM will certainly have brighter futures, but I didn't see it last season.  Also, there is a reason I don't have two players from any team on this list.  Each of these guys is who I consider to be "the man" on his team.  Other coaches game plan for them.  They still get theirs.  They still get the rock and take the last shot at the end of the game.  I respect that mentality far more than secondary guys who benefit from the following list.  In no particular order:

TJ Stewart- Crosby
Garrett Green- Livingston
Colton Weisbrod- Nederland
Torian Lott- PA
Mike Zeno- West Brook
Quindarius Paige- West Orange Stark
Garrison Mitchell- Central
Jordan Hunter- Ozen
Devonte Johnsoh- Hardin Jefferson
Chris Elam- Silsbee

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227045" timestamp="1338340091"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227017#msg1227017 date=1338333187]
He went to Austin w/ FB Hightower 3 times...And now 3 times at Yates winning two....I would say that he is getting it done wouldn't you? Coincidence? I doubt that...The talent IS coming to Yates now that it has been built...Just as it appears at HJ...Does the talent level dip there? Not much...why does it have to just fall off at Yates....Did it fall off at Lincoln? Ozen? Silsbee? Why Yates?
[/quote]

HJ "talent" is 99% home grown ( of course you already know that and it troubles you)  Yes, it fell off at Ozen

[/quote]

So you tellin me 99% of HJ players are from Nome,China and not from Beaumont????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder