Top 10 players in 2013 in SETX???

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227499" timestamp="1338477204"]
Key word: PULLED FROM AMOTHER SCHOOL TO PLAY AT YATES....These kids transferred with the blessings of their parents, as evidenced by UIL rulings....Try again.. ::)
[/quote]
Who cares how they 'got there'? Why did they not attend any of the other 50+ HISD High Schools? Either way you slice it, they are an All-Star team from Houston. The list you and AAW provided could actually compete against an All-Star-like team such as Yates. No way is it fair to HS kids who compete against them.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227506" timestamp="1338477865"]
Letcher Ellis sat out (played JV) in 2011, played this year....He was NOT ruled INELIGIBLE, he had to sit due to the transfer rules...Why do you all WANT Yates to fail?  ???
[/quote]  I don't care one way or another.  In fact, I don't think the kid should have had to sit out.  If he wanted to play at the best program in the state, he wasn't getting paid, and his parents were willing to move, i don't see the problem.  However, I am just pointing out that Yates does pull players from other programs.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1227507" timestamp="1338477891"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227499#msg1227499 date=1338477204]
Key word: PULLED FROM AMOTHER SCHOOL TO PLAY AT YATES....These kids transferred with the blessings of their parents, as evidenced by UIL rulings....Try again.. ::)
[/quote]
Who cares how they 'got there'? Why did they not attend any of the other 50+ HISD High Schools? Either way you slice it, they are an All-Star team from Houston. The list you and AAW provided could actually compete against an All-Star-like team such as Yates. No way is it fair to HS kids who compete against them.
[/quote]
The teams that won state were STACKED....in 09 and 10....The top 8 on those teams ALL ATTENDED YATES feeder pattern middle schools except Joseph Young, and his dad was a Yates grad and was working across the street at UH....Natural move. Why do you all like to say that because they are good, they had to have been cheating?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227519" timestamp="1338479871"]
MOST SE Texans who really do not know, are the ones accusing them of cheating...I was informing you that while there were transfers to Yates, like anywhere else, there were no rules broken, or recruitment.
[/quote]

Even though you will not acknowledge, you know VERY WELL that the "transfers" are SIGNIFICANTLY more prevalent at Yates than at other schools.  Of course, that is just a mere coincidence.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227519" timestamp="1338479871"]
MOST SE Texans who really do not know, are the ones accusing them of cheating...I was informing you that while there were transfers to Yates, like anywhere else, there were no rules broken, or recruitment.
[/quote]
Like Westend said, he named Not 1, not 2 or 3, but FOUR names and you are still denying it!! We ALL know there is 'recruiting' that happens, so to deny it is ignorant, and I KNOW you are not ignorant!! Is it LEGAL recruiting?? Very possibly, bc there has not been an investigation YET!! ;)
Some of us don't need PROOF to know what is going on.... 8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1227531" timestamp="1338480866"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227519#msg1227519 date=1338479871]
[/quote]
Like Westend said, he named Not 1, not 2 or 3, but FOUR names and you are still denying it!! We ALL know there is 'recruiting' that happens, so to deny it is ignorant, and I KNOW you are not ignorant!! Is it LEGAL recruiting?? Very possibly, bc there has not been an investigation YET!! ;)
[/quote]
No denying anything...I acknowledged the guys that he named and told him that they were not "pulled" to Yates at all...They transferred there, yes, but every rule was enforced and followed...Can't deny that....Hey Abe...Are all the Nederland kids "homegrown" as stevenash tries to tell us that the HJ kids are?  ::) ::)

What happen to Top 10 players in 2013 in SETX! Some of us come on here to obtain info/opinions, not carry on personal vebral warfare that has nothing to do with the question....Can we get back to the original question. >:(

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227534" timestamp="1338481209"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100215.msg1227531#msg1227531 date=1338480866]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227519#msg1227519 date=1338479871]
[/quote]
[/quote]
No denying anything...I acknowledged the guys that he named and told him that they were not "pulled" to Yates at all...They transferred there, yes, but every rule was enforced and followed...Can't deny that....Hey Abe...Are all the Nederland kids "homegrown" as stevenash tries to tell us that the HJ kids are?  ::) ::)
[/quote]

Dickie- The VAST MAJORITY of HJ players are homegrown.  You also know that but can't let yourself acknowledge it.  So now you pursue another school in an effort to justify Yates?  What a joke.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227547" timestamp="1338482101"]
VAST MAJORITY does not equal 100% "homegrown"....In that case, the VAST MAJORITY of the Yates kids are DEFINITELY not only HOME grown, but NEIGHBORHOOD grown...the VAST MAJORITY of them are....point?
[/quote]

Hmmm_ Hj has had one move in over the last five years and Westend just gave you a list that is considerably larger than that for Yates

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227534" timestamp="1338481209"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100215.msg1227531#msg1227531 date=1338480866]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That is NOT what this topic is about, but I will answer Ur question. We had one kid on this past year's team who transferred from Vegas during the summertime. We all know how Nederland basketball is now a National phenomena!  ::) ::)
This coming up season, we will have one football-first kid who transferred from HF before his Freshman season who will join the team in December. At least TEN other people have made this same claim about Yates, yet you are in denial...

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227550" timestamp="1338482681"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227547#msg1227547 date=1338482101]
VAST MAJORITY does not equal 100% "homegrown"....In that case, the VAST MAJORITY of the Yates kids are DEFINITELY not only HOME grown, but NEIGHBORHOOD grown...the VAST MAJORITY of them are....point?
[/quote]

Hmmm_ Hj has had one move in over the last five years and Westend just gave you a list that is considerably larger than that for Yates
[/quote]
One that you guys will admit to...Houston has so many more kids than this whole area combined, so quite naturally that number can be larger for Yates...However, they were not recruited as some of you suggest...Just like the ONE that you got was not recruited...

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100215.msg1227552#msg1227552 date=1338482867]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227534#msg1227534 date=1338481209]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That is NOT what this topic is about, but I will answer Ur question. We had one kid on this past year's team who transferred from Vegas during the summertime. We all know how Nederland basketball is now a National phenomena!  ::) ::)
This coming up season, we will have one football-first kid who transferred from HF before his Freshman season who will join the team in December. At least TEN other people have made this same claim about Yates, yet you are in denial...
[/quote]
Ten other people that just DON'T KNOW....They are guessing....it's that SE Texas "mob mentality" that I have often referred to.. ::)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227550" timestamp="1338482681"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227547#msg1227547 date=1338482101]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Another tally in the 'L' column for DV... :o

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227557" timestamp="1338483287"]
Just one that "we will admit to"? Go ahead and name a few others.  It should be easy for you because, as you stated, you know "everybody" and "everything". 
[/quote]
I do..now either start a new thread, or get back on topic, please.... 8)

I will help. The big difference is that the Yates coach is actively coaching others in aau who somehow end up at Yates  recruiting. No just happens!  Coaches here don't do that . Let's not kid ourselves about this guys I setes wonder if certain coaches were at certain places coaching in the same region as Yates if this would be a difference maker in this conversAtion!!!

[quote name="itsme" post="1227540" timestamp="1338481580"]
What happen to Top 10 players in 2013 in SETX! Some of us come on here to obtain info/opinions, not carry on personal vebral warfare that has nothing to do with the question....Can we get back to the original question. >:(
[/quote]Amen

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1227270" timestamp="1338402093"]
Some of the better players returning for next year, no particular order:

Tremonte Stewert  Sr..  Crosby
Chris Elam      Sr.    Silsbee
Jordan Holmes  Sr.  Silsbee
Colton Weisbrod  Jr.  Nederland
Zach English  Sr.  Nederland
Michael Zeno  Jr.  Beaumont West Brook
Dorrian Chatmon  Jr. Port Arthur Memorial
Torian Lott    Jr. Port Arthur Memorial
Tyler Edwards  soph. Buna
Laquarious Page  Jr.  West Orange-Stark
Zori Bosha      Jr.    Hardin-Jefferson 
Devonte Johnson  Sr. Hardin-Jefferson
Garrison Mitchell  Jr.  Beaumont Central
E'Torrian Wildridge  soph.  Beaumont Central
Jerrell Sykes        Sr.  Coldspring
Jacoby Jones      Sr. Beaumont Ozen
Jordan Hunter    soph.  Beaumont Ozen
[/quote]
Hey Tokenwb- Here is a list from AAW regarding this topic. Good list, IMO. I'm sure there will be others who break through this season, but this is a solid Pre-season list!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics