Top 10 players in 2013 in SETX???

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227017" timestamp="1338333187"]
He went to Austin w/ FB Hightower 3 times...And now 3 times at Yates winning two....I would say that he is getting it done wouldn't you? Coincidence? I doubt that...The talent IS coming to Yates now that it has been built...Just as it appears at HJ...Does the talent level dip there? Not much...why does it have to just fall off at Yates....Did it fall off at Lincoln? Ozen? Silsbee? Why Yates?
[/quote]

HJ "talent" is 99% home grown ( of course you already know that and it troubles you)  Yes, it fell off at Ozen

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227045" timestamp="1338340091"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227017#msg1227017 date=1338333187]
He went to Austin w/ FB Hightower 3 times...And now 3 times at Yates winning two....I would say that he is getting it done wouldn't you? Coincidence? I doubt that...The talent IS coming to Yates now that it has been built...Just as it appears at HJ...Does the talent level dip there? Not much...why does it have to just fall off at Yates....Did it fall off at Lincoln? Ozen? Silsbee? Why Yates?
[/quote]

HJ "talent" is 99% home grown ( of course you already know that and it troubles you)  Yes, it fell off at Ozen
[/quote]
If the HJ talent is 99% "homegrown" then Yates' is around 98%.... ::)...because they are after all from Houston.... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227067" timestamp="1338350733"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100215.msg1227045#msg1227045 date=1338340091]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227017#msg1227017 date=1338333187]
[/quote]

[/quote]
If the HJ talent is 99% "homegrown" then Yates' is around 98%.... ::)...because they are after all from Houston.... ::)
[/quote

Nice try  logic attempt very sad

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227121" timestamp="1338384458"]
Oh, but its an accurate statement, and you know it..... ;)
[/quote]

One town with one school district with 500 students
Major metropolitan area with multi districts and hundreds of thousands of students-  Accurate?  Sure?  Keep telling yourself and maybe you can possibly believe it but it really ought to be hard even for an one accomplished in self delusion

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227131" timestamp="1338384964"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227121#msg1227121 date=1338384458]
[/quote]

Major metropolitan area with multi districts and hundreds of thousands of students-  Accurate?  Sure?  Keep telling yourself and maybe you can possibly believe it but it really ought to be hard even for an one accomplished in self delusion
[/quote]
One town? China, Cheeks, Sour Lake, Liberty (yeah, I heard about those kids), Beaumont (we all know HJ is the better choice for scenery and academics, right?)....That covers a lot more area than just one little town, don't you think? Come on, nash...I know too many people...You can fool others about how HJ has never taken kids from other districts (purposely or not) but I know too many people for that...way too many people...and other coaches....Don't get me wrong, if you build a great program, that just may happen, and its ok....But just understand that Yates has the same "problem" that you guys have... ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227137" timestamp="1338385401"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100215.msg1227131#msg1227131 date=1338384964]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227121#msg1227121 date=1338384458]
[/quote]

[/quote]
One town? China, Cheeks, Sour Lake, Liberty (yeah, I heard about those kids), Beaumont (we all know HJ is the better choice for scenery and academics, right?)....That covers a lot more area than just one little town, don't you think? Come on, nash...I know too many people...You can fool others about how HJ has never taken kids from other districts (purposely or not) but I know too many people for that...way too many people...and other coaches....Don't get me wrong, if you build a great program, that just may happen, and its ok....But just understand that Yates has the same "problem" that you guys have... ;)
[/quote]

I could give a rats A$$ about who you know.  Having been around this world longer than you have, it's no contest regarding who one "knows".  1 kid in 5 years is still a fact that you cant alter via innuendo or otherwise.  Go ahead and tell me what you know about Liberty and what benefit it provided for HJ.  China, Cheek and Sour Lake are all components of the HJ school district. 

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227144" timestamp="1338385743"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100215.msg1227137#msg1227137 date=1338385401]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100215.msg1227131#msg1227131 date=1338384964]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I could give a rats A$$ about who you know.  Having been around this world longer than you have, it's no contest regarding who one "knows".  1 kid in 5 years is still a fact that you cant alter via innuendo or otherwise.  Go ahead and tell me what you know about Liberty and what benefit it provided for HJ.  China, Cheek and Sour Lake are all components of the HJ school district. 
[/quote]
Excuse me...but I think you forgot to respond about the Beaumont ISD annexation and pipeline to Sour Lake...So are you telling me that Hardin Jefferson has NEVER gotten a kid from Liberty in the program? Once again, not saying it is wrong or anyone was at fault, because it HAPPENS...Remember, I know EVERYBODY... ;)

A kid from liberty moved to Sour Lake and once he found out VIA THE HJ COACHES that he would be INELIGIBLE, he moved right back to Liberty. Obviously, he never played at HJ. Apparently, all those VALUABLE and RELIABLE sources of yours neglected to tell you the whole story.  Additionally, you only think you know everybody.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1227169" timestamp="1338386759"]
A kid from liberty moved to Sour Lake and once he found out VIA THE HJ COACHES that he would be INELIGIBLE, he moved right back to Liberty. Obviously, he never played at HJ. Apparently, all those VALUABLE and RELIABLE sources of yours neglected to tell you the whole story.  Additionally, you only think you know everybody.
[/quote]
Do you KNOW how many kids were TURNED AWAY from Yates? Yet, people STILL want to hang them for kids wanting to go there....So I guess the Beaumont ISD annexation/pipeline is not a topic that can be discussed? And yes nash, I DO know EVERYBODY. ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227177" timestamp="1338387310"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100215.msg1227169#msg1227169 date=1338386759]
[/quote]
Do you KNOW how many kids were TURNED AWAY from Yates? Yet, people STILL want to hang them for kids wanting to go there....So I guess the Beaumont ISD annexation/pipeline is not a topic that can be discussed? And yes nash, I DO know EVERYBODY. ;)
[/quote]

Sure it can be discussed- fire away- Lets keep the topic to things that you "really" or "actually" know instead of throwing out things like the Liberty stuff ( which you had "heard" but really didn't know)

[quote name="westend1" post="1227202" timestamp="1338390152"]
Who cares?  I was somewhat interested in hearing about the best players in the area for next year.
[/quote]
Thank You Westend! DV DID provide a list of 10, and then a couple of more were added. So the list is an even Dozen! I actually agree with DV's list. There may be a few who surprise us, but for now those are the top players GOING IN to the season. Who will be the best players AT SEASONS END will be the fun part.

Some of the better players returning for next year, no particular order:

Tremonte Stewert  Sr..  Crosby
Chris Elam      Sr.    Silsbee
Jordan Holmes  Sr.  Silsbee
Colton Weisbrod  Jr.  Nederland
Zach English  Sr.  Nederland
Michael Zeno  Jr.  Beaumont West Brook
Dorrian Chatman  soph. Port Arthur Memorial
Torian Lott    Jr. Port Arthur Memorial
Tyler Edwards  soph. Buna
Laquarious Page  Jr.  West Orange-Stark
Zori Bosha      Jr.    Hardin-Jefferson 
Devonte Johnson  Sr. Hardin-Jefferson
Garrison Mitchell  Jr.  Beaumont Central
E'Torrian Wildridge  soph.  Beaumont Central
Jerrell Sykes        Sr.  Coldspring
Jacoby Jones      Sr. Beaumont Ozen
Jordan Hunter    soph.  Beaumont Ozen

Three other Silsbee players to watch for:

Donti Wilson      Sr.
Patrick Reed      Jr.
Jontell Jones      Sr.  (transfer from Irving McArthur, played JV last year)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1227351" timestamp="1338410633"]
Pretty good list, AAW!
[/quote]
Would love to see this All-Star team play against [s]Houston's All-Star team[/s], I mean Yates!  ;D
Now that's comparing Apples to apples, since Yates can pull from most HISD schools?  8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1227486" timestamp="1338474325"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100215.msg1227351#msg1227351 date=1338410633]
Pretty good list, AAW!
[/quote]
Would love to see this All-Star team play against [s]Houston's All-Star team[/s], I mean Yates!  ;D
Now that's comparing Apples to apples, since Yates can pull from most HISD schools?  8)
[/quote]
I will tell you like I told Stevenash....name one...ANY one that has been "pulled" to attend Yates....Take your time..I'll wait.. ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227489" timestamp="1338474497"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100215.msg1227486#msg1227486 date=1338474325]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100215.msg1227351#msg1227351 date=1338410633]
Pretty good list, AAW!
[/quote]
[/quote]
I will tell you like I told Stevenash....name one...ANY one that has been "pulled" to attend Yates....Take your time..I'll wait.. ::)
[/quote]
As soon as you respond to my 10-15 posts on the other forum in which you choose to ignore bc YOU have no answer!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227489" timestamp="1338474497"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100215.msg1227486#msg1227486 date=1338474325]
Pretty good list, AAW!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Shai Fields previously played at Pearland
Maurice Letcher-Ellis previously played at Cy Springs, (UIL ruled in his Case)
Damyeon-Dotson previously played at Madison,
Charles Bennett previously played at Milby

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1227499" timestamp="1338477204"]
Key word: PULLED FROM AMOTHER SCHOOL TO PLAY AT YATES....These kids transferred with the blessings of their parents, as evidenced by UIL rulings....Try again.. ::)
[/quote]  What does "pulled from another school" mean to you?  By the way, the UIL ruled against Letcher Ellis.  He had to sit a year because he moved for athletic purposes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83