• Ozen
    • PNG
    • Central
    • Lumberton
    • Vidor
    • Nederland
    • LCM
    • Livingston

Are you referring to the one game  it did happen or the 5 it didnt? we did alot better last year with close games... granted we lost a close Nederland one but pulled out close wins on ozen, lumberton, livingston, texas, and LC-M i think it was

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1229245" timestamp="1339102723"]
1.Nederland
2.Ozen
3. and 4. will be between Central,Vidor, Livingston,PNG.
[/quote]

Ozen might be able to get the second spot, if their offense continues to put up points like it did last year and the defense makes improvements.  I still say Central is a darkhorse for the 3 or 4 spot.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1228982" timestamp="1339001119"]
Been off on another project for a while....totally disagree with most of you.

1. Vidor.....Pirates return 9 on defense and 5 on offense including Montana Quirante who should have been the Super Gold player of the year. Add coaching to the plus side due to our maturing staff. Also, we play PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen at the BONEYARD!!!

2. Nederland....beat us on a 4th and 18 play in Nederland with 2:00 to play....not this year.
3. Central....coaching is your issue.
4. PNG....tradition will carry them to the playoffs but will battle with Ozen for this spot.
[/quote]

Actually I believe we play Ozen and Central at "DA BUTCH!" which is fine too, its a great venue close to home, our boys havent lost there yet and best of all,,,, my tax dollars dont pay for it!!!!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1229260" timestamp="1339105862"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=100201.msg1229245#msg1229245 date=1339102723]
1.Nederland
2.Ozen
[/quote]

Ozen might be able to get the second spot, if their offense continues to put up points like it did last year and the defense makes improvements.  I still say Central is a darkhorse for the 3 or 4 spot.
[/quote]
The reason I say I doubt Ozen is due to the QB position. With the talent they have @ receiver, and Jacobi returning, if they can secure the QB position, they could be lethal. Will it happen??? Heard it might!!!

Guest BOBCAT
[quote name="bigdog" post="1229049" timestamp="1339018741"]
How did that work out for you last year?
[/quote]

Be careful now ! If I remember correctly Nederland had some very favorable conditions in last years contest . Vidors district rushing leader went out in the second play of the game . Montana Quirante ( MVP)was rushed back from Arizona from a relatives funeral and barely made it there by game time (very tired) ! Quirante went out in the second half of that game also. Nederland also had home field advantage . Now with all that being said Neederland still had to come back and eek out the victory on a GO route caught out of bounds . ( Just like their victory over WOS )

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1229294" timestamp="1339122420"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=100201.msg1228982#msg1228982 date=1339001119]

1. Vidor.....Pirates return 9 on defense and 5 on offense including Montana Quirante who should have been the Super Gold player of the year. Add coaching to the plus side due to our maturing staff. Also, we play PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen at the BONEYARD!!!

2. Nederland....beat us on a 4th and 18 play in Nederland with 2:00 to play....not this year.
4. PNG....tradition will carry them to the playoffs but will battle with Ozen for this spot.
[/quote]

Actually I believe we play Ozen and Central at "DA BUTCH!" which is fine too, its a great venue close to home, our boys havent lost there yet and best of all,,,, my tax dollars dont pay for it!!!!
[/quote]First of all, who is your team?  Second of all, what does your tax dollars have to do with a game being played there?

[quote name="raider44" post="1229302" timestamp="1339123776"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100201.msg1229260#msg1229260 date=1339105862]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=100201.msg1229245#msg1229245 date=1339102723]
1.Nederland
2.Ozen
[/quote]

[/quote]
The reason I say I doubt Ozen is due to the QB position. With the talent they have @ receiver, and Jacobi returning, if they can secure the QB position, they could be lethal. Will it happen??? Heard it might!!!
[/quote]That's what I was thinking.

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="1229313" timestamp="1339125557"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100201.msg1229049#msg1229049 date=1339018741]
[/quote]

Be careful now ! If I remember correctly Nederland had some very favorable conditions in last years contest . Vidors district rushing leader went out in the second play of the game . Montana Quirante ( MVP)was rushed back from Arizona from a relatives funeral and barely made it there by game time (very tired) ! Quirante went out in the second half of that game also. Nederland also had home field advantage . Now with all that being said Neederland still had to come back and eek out the victory on a GO route caught out of bounds . ( Just like their victory over WOS )
[/quote]

Geez, excuses, excuses...Go routes caught out of bounds???  what are you talking about?? and as for missing players, Nederland had a few as well including 2 all-district performers on defense...bottom line, Nederland started off with 2 uncharacteristic turnovers (part of the game) and spotted Vidor 10 points and still managed to win.

So apparently, bobcat, you don't remember correctly.

[quote name="Razor" post="1229346" timestamp="1339156616"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=100201.msg1229313#msg1229313 date=1339125557]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100201.msg1229049#msg1229049 date=1339018741]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Geez, excuses, excuses...Go routes caught out of bounds???  what are you talking about?? and as for missing players, Nederland had a few as well including 2 all-district performers on defense...bottom line, Nederland started off with 2 uncharacteristic turnovers (part of the game) and spotted Vidor 10 points and still managed to win.

So apparently, bobcat, you don't remember correctly.
[/quote]We better be careful ...we do not want to stir up the vidor faitful.  ;)

[quote name="Razor" post="1229352" timestamp="1339159105"]
You know me basebow...I hated to mess up bobcats good story with facts, but, it is what it is
[/quote]

Don't take it personally. If I remember correctly, BOBCAT is the Orangefield fan with a hatred for all things Mid-County. We're stuck up or something.... ::)

I love how most ppl are counting Ozen out or barely in. These Panthers are HUNGRY!!! The taste of last yrs playoffs is still fresh & we're hungry for more!! The qb position is gonna be just fine. In many ways, even better. Jordan Ozen (SR QB) is the REAL!! The defense is gonna be quick, smart, & aggressive & BIGGER on the d-line. And yes, those wonderful wideouts will be back to torment secondaries again with some familiar & new talent. Heck, even the special teams got a boost with some new, foreign talent. The o-line is mostly new but not green. They'll be big & strong again too. Look for great season from this yrs squad.

PS- Did I mention "Mr Excitement" #1 Jacobi Jones???  :o

1 Ozen/Ned
2 Ned/Ozen
3 png
4 Vid/Cen/Liv

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1229457" timestamp="1339192664"]
I love how most ppl are counting Ozen out or barely in. These Panthers are HUNGRY!!! The taste of last yrs playoffs is still fresh & we're hungry for more!! The qb position is gonna be just fine. In many ways, even better. Jordan Ozen (SR QB) is the REAL!! The defense is gonna be quick, smart, & aggressive & BIGGER on the d-line. And yes, those wonderful wideouts will be back to torment secondaries again with some familiar & new talent. Heck, even the special teams got a boost with some new, foreign talent. The o-line is mostly new but not green. They'll be big & strong again too. Look for great season from this yrs squad.

1 Ozen/Ned
2 Ned/Ozen
3 png
4 Vid/Cen/Liv
[/quote]I'll go on the record and say that J. Ozen isn't near as good as Green was.  They'll struggle with the QB position.  They'll be in Playoff contention, though.  They will have one of the top running teams in the district, imo.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1229463" timestamp="1339194019"]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=100201.msg1229457#msg1229457 date=1339192664]
I love how most ppl are counting Ozen out or barely in. These Panthers are HUNGRY!!! The taste of last yrs playoffs is still fresh & we're hungry for more!! The [b]qb position is gonna be just fine. In many ways, even better.[/b] Jordan Ozen (SR QB) is the REAL!! The defense is gonna be quick, smart, & aggressive & BIGGER on the d-line. And yes, those wonderful wideouts will be back to torment secondaries again with some familiar & new talent. Heck, even the special teams got a boost with some new, foreign talent. [b]The o-line is mostly new[/b] but not green. They'll be big & strong again too. Look for great season from this yrs squad.

1 Ozen/Ned
2 Ned/Ozen
3 png
4 Vid/Cen/Liv
[/quote]I'll go on the record and say that J. Ozen isn't near as good as Green was.  They'll struggle with the QB position.  They'll be in Playoff contention, though.  They will have one of the top running teams in the district, imo.
[/quote]

1 Ned/Vidor
2 Ned/Vidor
3 Ozen(O Line)
4 PNG(reloading)/Central(recovering)

O Line is the issue at Ozen, they will have to be as good and even better than last years line for Ozen to make the post season. i will point out that J Ozen is not trey green but that could also be a good thing. ;) i guess will have to wait and see.

Man had fun watching jacobi jones, he took the team on his shoulders last year and run his butt off, be interesting to see how he fares without trent green back there. This year should be an interesting year, still got to favor the dogs, vidor had a great year ,but too many shoulda coulda ifs for excuses. Png had a hell of a game with ned, but when it counted one botched play on defense give up a big run and that was all she wrote. Neds defense was stout last year, I personally look for them to be that much better. Vidors defense impressed me a lot last year the few games I got to see them. It will be fun to see how this year pans out, gonna be fun to watch, hopedully there are quite a few games on saturdays this year so I can make my rounds!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1229484" timestamp="1339203222"]
why would anyone count ozen out?

Png and Ozen, no matter the personnel, are tough. 

Livingston is my wildcard because I just don't know enough about them. 

Nederland on top. No question.
Vidor right there, too...
[/quote]At Livingston we are rebuilding or reloading, time will tell but we will be in the mix for sure. ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1229343" timestamp="1339153641"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=100201.msg1229294#msg1229294 date=1339122420]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=100201.msg1228982#msg1228982 date=1339001119]

[/quote]

[/quote]First of all, who is your team?  Second of all, what does your tax dollars have to do with a game being played there?
[/quote]
My team is the VIDOR PIRATES. My tax dollars left Beaumont and moved to Vidor, I didnt like alot of the decisins in Beaumont and the BISD.

First of all, the Butch have been opened only 2 full seasons,which means you've only played Central once there.  Our district championship year, 2010, you took a loss on the chin to us.  Had it been at the Butch, you'd have been taken to the woodshed.  You played a weak Central team in 2011. 

Second of all, you're tax dollars will NOT be missed.  Maybe Vidor can better utilize them.  Seems like they need it more  .  Because a know a lot of Vidorians that dont like how VISD is ran. Smh.  Vidor has 1 good season and now fans can say 'we havnt lost a game there yet.  Shoot, count how many games they've lost at Durly, Babe Zaharius, and Lamar stadium (Ozen's old stadium).

Soulja.....u make a good point that Vidor fans cannot expect to be given the same respect in regards to a winning tradition such as Bmt. and Mid Co. teams because frankly that tradition just isn't there. Vidor fans are so proud of the Pirates and what they accomplished last season that it is hard not to brag on them.....Football is king and highschool football brings out the best and worst of a fans.

[quote name="Vpirate" post="1229555" timestamp="1339261888"]
Soulja.....u make a good point that Vidor fans cannot expect to be given the same respect in regards to a winning tradition such as Bmt. and Mid Co. teams because frankly that tradition just isn't there.[b]Virdor fans are so proud of the Pirates and what they accomplished last season that it is hard not to brag on them.....Football is king and highschool football brings out the best and worst of a fans.
[/quote][/b]As it should be with every community, regardless of how well their teams are doing.  That's why it was so much fun playing 20-4A besides beating ya'll ;D.  Ya'll always brought a great crowd even Central had a good crowd in 07' when we beat you 20 - 0 and gave ya'll your first shut out in twenty years.  Didn't like the drive but had a blast trying to out cheer the other side.  And that IMO is what HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL is all about!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder