• Central
    • Lumberton
    • Vidor
    • Nederland
    • LCM
    • Livingston

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1229558" timestamp="1339264323"]
[quote author=Vpirate link=topic=100201.msg1229555#msg1229555 date=1339261888]
Soulja.....u make a good point that Vidor fans cannot expect to be given the same respect in regards to a winning tradition such as Bmt. and Mid Co. teams because frankly that tradition just isn't there.[b]Virdor fans are so proud of the Pirates and what they accomplished last season that it is hard not to brag on them.....Football is king and highschool football brings out the best and worst of a fans.
[/quote][/b]As it should be with every community, regardless of how well their teams are doing.  That's why it was so much fun playing 20-4A besides beating ya'll ;D.  Ya'll always brought a great crowd even Central had a good crowd in 07' when we beat you 20 - 0 and gave ya'll your first shut out in twenty years.  Didn't like the drive but had a blast trying to out cheer the other side.  And that IMO is what HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL is all about!!!!
[/quote]LOL.  You had to bring that loss in.  :D ;D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Razor" post="1229346" timestamp="1339156616"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=100201.msg1229313#msg1229313 date=1339125557]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100201.msg1229049#msg1229049 date=1339018741]
How did that work out for you last year?
[/quote]

Be careful now ! If I remember correctly Nederland had some very favorable conditions in last years contest . Vidors district rushing leader went out in the second play of the game . Montana Quirante ( MVP)was rushed back from Arizona from a relatives funeral and barely made it there by game time (very tired) ! Quirante went out in the second half of that game also. Nederland also had home field advantage . Now with all that being said Neederland still had to come back and eek out the victory on a GO route caught out of bounds . ( Just like their victory over WOS )
[/quote]

Geez, excuses, excuses...Go routes caught out of bounds???  what are you talking about?? and as for missing players, Nederland had a few as well including 2 all-district performers on defense...bottom line, Nederland started off with 2 uncharacteristic turnovers (part of the game) and spotted Vidor 10 points and still managed to win.

So apparently, bobcat, you don't remember correctly.
[/quote]
Do you really not know what a go route is?

Wow.  ::)

smh

And as for the "spotted us ten points" lil quote. I'm pretty sure we caught those interceptions and scored those touchdowns on offense so you did not "spot us" anything.  ::)

Wow.

I can assure you twocents that I know what a go route is...just didn't see one caught out of bounds that cost Vidor the game...do you know what "out of bounds" is?...bottom line, Nederland beat Vidor, it's over and now time to move on to next year...no amount of talking or whining will change last year's result.

As for the spotted 10 points, how about this?  Nederland made poor plays that resulted in 10 easy points for Vidor...beyond that, Vidor did very little offensively against Nederland's D...either way, it's irrelevant now because that's last year and it's over...I am looking forward to this year's game...if Nederland should win that one, I look forward to a whole new set of "what ifs".

Me too!!! I showed my best friends son who'll be a senior this next year the past couple 20-4A topics and told him it looked like they'll be playing for the 3rd and 4th spot because Nederland and Vidor already have it locked down. He wanted me to print it out so he can show some of his other buddies on the team.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1229866" timestamp="1339430874"]
Me too!!! I showed my best friends son who'll be a senior this next year the past couple 20-4A topics and told him it looked like they'll be playing for the 3rd and 4th spot because Nederland and Vidor already have it locked down. He wanted me to print it out so he can show some of his other buddies on the team.
[/quote]

That's a good idea.  Stuff like this is always a good motivational tool.  We want to play every team at their best.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1229866" timestamp="1339430874"]
[/quote]

They shouldn't need that to motivate 'em

yep I remember having to eat crow when I assumed sulphur was gonna come into kelly and spank that butt! I was told they posted my post in the locker room and used it as a motivational tool. Lol so much for assumptions, well I am glad that kelly won for bragging rights, I can remember when they had the call ins on the smack attack after the games on Friday night!. Someone from over in louisiana in the bayou state talking noise about how they had whippwd up on lumberton, I called in and talked back alil smack about them scheduling someone like WOS a three A school who was and always is a powerhouse opponnent, and see how they fared, never dreamed it was gonna be kelly spanking that butt!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1229531" timestamp="1339252177"]
First of all, the Butch have been opened only 2 full seasons,which means you've only played Central once there.  Our district championship year, 2010, you took a loss on the chin to us.  Had it been at the Butch, you'd have been taken to the woodshed.  You played a weak Central team in 2011. 

Second of all, you're tax dollars will NOT be missed.  Maybe Vidor can better utilize them.  Seems like they need it more  .  Because a know a lot of Vidorians that dont like how VISD is ran. Smh.  Vidor has 1 good season and now fans can say 'we havnt lost a game there yet.  Shoot, count how many games they've lost at Durly, Babe Zaharius, and Lamar stadium (Ozen's old stadium).
[/quote]

My point is I have seen two games there and the team I was supporting won both and that kinda makes a person's memory of a location more positive. I have numerous reasons to enjoy DA BUTCH, one of which is I only pay $7 if I chose to. Pretty good deal, lots of district teams have crappy facilities and or parking, I wish all the Pirates away games were there.

As far as one good season goes, I guess your the type that can only enjoy the Win, and can only appreciate the boys effort when they come out victorious. I think every season and game are a great one. Even the last time Vidor and Central played at Babe, six quarters of great ball

Your too sensitive and read too much into posts ::)

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1230980" timestamp="1339906790"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1229531#msg1229531 date=1339252177]
First of all, the Butch have been opened only 2 full seasons,which means you've only played Central once there.  Our district championship year, 2010, you took a loss on the chin to us.  Had it been at the Butch, you'd have been taken to the woodshed.  You played a weak Central team in 2011. 

Second of all, you're tax dollars will NOT be missed.  Maybe Vidor can better utilize them.  Seems like they need it more  .  Because a know a lot of Vidorians that dont like how VISD is ran. Smh.  Vidor has 1 good season and now fans can say 'we havnt lost a game there yet.  Shoot, count how many games they've lost at Durly, Babe Zaharius, and Lamar stadium (Ozen's old stadium).
[/quote]

My point is I have seen two games there and the team I was supporting won both and that kinda makes a person's memory of a location more positive. I have numerous reasons to enjoy DA BUTCH, one of which is I only pay $7 if I chose to. Pretty good deal, lots of district teams have crappy facilities and or parking, I wish all the Pirates away games were there.

As far as one good season goes, I guess your the type that can only enjoy the Win, and can only appreciate the boys effort when they come out victorious. I think every season and game are a great one. Even the last time Vidor and Central played at Babe, six quarters of great ball

[/quote]If I read too much into it, I appologize.  I do agree about that 6 quarters of football.  I call that game to this day the 'thunder (2009 Vidor) and lightening (2009 Central)'. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1231158" timestamp="1340021395"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=100201.msg1230980#msg1230980 date=1339906790]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1229531#msg1229531 date=1339252177]

[/quote]

[/quote]If I read too much into it, I appologize.  I do agree about that 6 quarters of football.  I call that game to this day the 'thunder (2009 Vidor) and lightening (2009 Central)'.
[/quote]

And the last time PN-G and Central played at the Babe was an even better game. ;) ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1231164" timestamp="1340024384"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1231158#msg1231158 date=1340021395]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=100201.msg1230980#msg1230980 date=1339906790]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And the last time PN-G and Central played at the Babe was an even better game. ;) ;D
[/quote]I feel my stomach turning.  My food from last night almost came up.  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1231167" timestamp="1340025840"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=100201.msg1231164#msg1231164 date=1340024384]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1231158#msg1231158 date=1340021395]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The last game Dayton played in the Babe was a good one as well, come to think of it the last 2 games we played at the Butch were thrillers too.  For Dayton of course. ;) ;D

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1231229" timestamp="1340040840"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1231167#msg1231167 date=1340025840]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=100201.msg1231164#msg1231164 date=1340024384]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The last game Dayton played in the Babe was a good one as well, come to think of it the last 2 games we played at the Butch were thrillers too.  For Dayton of course. ;) ;D
[/quote]The blocked extra point.  No comment.  :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder