• Vidor
    • Nederland
    • LCM
    • Livingston

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Central and Ozen battle it out for the last spot, or possibly for third/fourth spot. If Central improves their offensive schemes and utilize their talent to their potential, they will get the fourth spot.  Ozen will give them a tough fight.

Vidor might or might not be a question mark for the playoffs depending on the first few games of district.  They were definitely playing with a lot of emotion after the passing of their teammate, and that carried them into the playoffs.  We will see if they can keep that momentum going, especially if Central improves.  I voted for them to make it.

Ned and PNG should be in the playoffs unless something really wild happens.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1225911" timestamp="1337951749"]
I think Central and Ozen battle it out for the last spot, or possibly for third/fourth spot. If Central improves their offensive schemes and utilize their talent to their potential, they will get the fourth spot.  Ozen will give them a tough fight.

Vidor might or might not be a question mark for the playoffs depending on the first few games of district.  They were definitely playing with a lot of emotion after the passing of their teammate, and that carried them into the playoffs.  We will see if they can keep that momentum going, especially if Central improves.  I voted for them to make it.

[/quote]I see this Central team making a strong push for the 2nd place in district.  Worst case would be 3rd.  I know I offense needs to improve some, but the defense will be nice.  If you recall, the 2008 team hung their hat on defense and had subpar offense and that marched us 4 rounds deep in the playoffs.  Same thing with last year's Nederland team.  Their offense was subpar, but that defense was nasty.  My point being is that in this district, the main thing you have to be able defend well in this district.  We'll be legit in that department this year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1225923" timestamp="1337954025"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100201.msg1225911#msg1225911 date=1337951749]

[/quote]I see this Central team making a strong push for the 2nd place in district.  Worst case would be 3rd.  I know I offense needs to improve some, but the defense will be nice.  If you recall, the 2008 team hung their hat on defense and had subpar offense and that marched us 4 rounds deep in the playoffs.  Same thing with last year's Nederland team.  Their offense was subpar, but that defense was nasty.  My point being is that in this district, the main thing you have to be able defend well in this district.  We'll be legit in that department this year.
[/quote]

I agree with that.  Although I was happy to see us get away from the spread O for the most part, our passing was spotty at best.  I think the QB is coming back this year and hopefully we will see a bit more passing, especially to the TE.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1225923" timestamp="1337954025"]

[/quote]

This Jag offense will be only as good as Cox's ability to put the right players on the field and his play calling. He's predictable at times and Last season I thought Collier proved he could have been a work horse if given a chance,  :-* Now there's 4 solid running backs to choose from. How will he use them. #2,3,5,25 all seemed promising with #2 having the edge.
We know what Robert can do, on the busted play he would have gotten good yards on the defense maybe a TD. Can't wait, very curious.

Wow! Walker at the Rez last night did an outstanding job! He shocked many last night with his abilities. I love how he acted like that was "HIS FIELD" lots of leadership in that kid that i can see. He also got himself out of some problem situations and he did so very well, he stayed calm did his job. For a freshman QB to look as comfortable and calm out there as Walker did, shows hes very mature! The future of PNG looks bright!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1226018" timestamp="1337982313"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100201.msg1225923#msg1225923 date=1337954025]

[/quote]

I agree with that.  Although I was happy to see us get away from the spread O for the most part, our passing was spotty at best.  I think the QB is coming back this year and hopefully we will see a bit more passing, especially to the TE.
[/quote]

I hear the TE is moving to DE

1) Nederland (Return alot)
2) Central (Will be better organized & disciplined! Sometimes their lack of organization is misunderstood for lack of discipline! O-Line will be better with Bowser!)
3) PNG (They're PNG, enuff said!)
4) Vidor (Will lose a few good, close games that will come back to haunt them!)

[quote name="raider44" post="1228909" timestamp="1338967013"]
1) Nederland (Return alot)
2) Central (Will be better organized & disciplined! Sometimes their lack of organization is misunderstood for lack of discipline! O-Line will be better with Bowser!)
3) PNG (They're PNG, enuff said!)
4) Vidor (Will lose a few good, close games that will come back to haunt them!)
[/quote]Good stuff from you, as usual.  8)

Been off on another project for a while....totally disagree with most of you.

1. Vidor.....Pirates return 9 on defense and 5 on offense including Montana Quirante who should have been the Super Gold player of the year. Add coaching to the plus side due to our maturing staff. Also, we play PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen at the BONEYARD!!!

2. Nederland....beat us on a 4th and 18 play in Nederland with 2:00 to play....not this year.
3. Central....coaching is your issue.
4. PNG....tradition will carry them to the playoffs but will battle with Ozen for this spot.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1228982" timestamp="1339001119"]

1. Vidor.....Pirates return 9 on defense and 5 on offense including Montana Quirante who should have been the Super Gold player of the year. Add coaching to the plus side due to our maturing staff. Also, we play PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen at the BONEYARD!!!

2. Nederland....beat us on a 4th and 18 play in Nederland with 2:00 to play....not this year.
4. PNG....tradition will carry them to the playoffs but will battle with Ozen for this spot.
[/quote]I agree with everything, especially #3.  ;D .  I don't agree with your #1 and 2#.  Swap them out, my man, and there you have it.  Nederland is the team to beat untill further notice.

[/quote]

Home field has not helped you against Ned and PNG much so far.  2 wins vs PNG and 3 wins vs Ned in the last 11 years.

[/quote]

The better team will win, it doesn't matter where the game will be played at.  Nederland will bring a strong, talented and well prepared team to battle the Pirates.  It just makes it sweeter that it will be played at your Bone Yard.....whomever the victor will be  ;)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1228993" timestamp="1339005309"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=100201.msg1228982#msg1228982 date=1339001119]

[/quote]

Home field has not helped you against Ned and PNG much so far.  2 wins vs PNG and 3 wins vs Ned in the last 11 years.
[/quote]

We are not arguing past 11 years, in all reality last year and this upcoming year are some of the most talented and prepared teams i have seen. They know how to avoid the Vidor ending as I like to call it.( Do awesome the whole game then just come up short at the end haha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine