Marty Murr named new HC/AD at Anahuac

Coach Murr, a graduate of Baytown Sterling, has previous head coaching experience at Alto, where he coached from 2001-04.  While at Alto, he amassed a 34-14 coaching record and led the Yellowjackets to the playoffs 3 of the 4 seasons he was head coach there.

He was the defensive coordinator at Crosby before taking the Anahuac position

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1223581" timestamp="1337316003"]
Coach Murr, a graduate of Baytown Sterling, has previous head coaching experience at Alto, where he coached from 2001-04.  While at Alto, he amassed a 34-14 coaching record and led the Yellowjackets to the playoffs 3 of the 4 seasons he was head coach there.

He was the defensive coordinator at Crosby before taking the Anahuac position
[/quote]
He is not & never was the DC at Crosby. He was a Defensive position coach. Coach McKeon is the DC at Crosby

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Coach Murr is an outstanding coach and an even better man. Crosby should've hired him as the HC/AD when they had the chance. Anahuac will be happy with this decision - and his previous coaching record speaks for itself.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1223605" timestamp="1337343581"]
Coach Murr is an outstanding coach and an even better man. Crosby should've hired him as the HC/AD when they had the chance. Anahuac will be happy with this decision - and his previous coaching record speaks for itself.
[/quote]
I agrree Cap Rock Crosby should have hired Coach Murr. I've had the privilege of knowing the man for about 7 years. Great man & great coach. UHFalcon he wasn't the DC in Crosby. He should of been but wasn't.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="UHFALCON" post="1223652" timestamp="1337349916"]
GCM I beleive it was 1983.  Such a good man/coach and gonna make Anahuac a winner quickly
[/quote]

Humm....I graduated from Sterling in 1983. Don't recall that name. I'll have to find his bio somewhere.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder