Lamar QB Johnson to transfer

Guest incognito123
This is sad.  Three years, three schools.  His twitter says he is headed to Houston for the summer.  I'd have trouble beleiving he will go to UH.  I know HBU is starting football...maybe?  Anyone have any ideas where he may land?  He can always look at the lower divisions if he is hell bent on playing QB.  That's probably the only way.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1217062" timestamp="1335924635"]
This is sad.  Three years, three schools.  His twitter says he is headed to Houston for the summer.  I'd have trouble beleiving he will go to UH.  I know HBU is starting football...maybe?  Anyone have any ideas where he may land?  He can always look at the lower divisions if he is heck bent on playing QB.  That's probably the only way.
[/quote]

He is going to Houston to stay with his brother who played for UH.

It's my understanding that Jeremy will go JUCO next year so that he can play immediately and still have 2 years of eligibility at a four year school. If he chose to transfer to another four year school in the fall, he would have to sit a year.

I am hearing he will be going to Blinn.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1217062" timestamp="1335924635"]
This is sad.  [b]Three years, three schools[/b].  His twitter says he is headed to Houston for the summer.  I'd have trouble beleiving he will go to UH.  I know HBU is starting football...maybe?  Anyone have any ideas where he may land?  He can always look at the lower divisions if he is heck bent on playing QB.  That's probably the only way.
[/quote]

I was one of his biggest fans when he transfered here from WV. However, with the latest transfer it seems he wasn't as good as the hype. This year was setting up to be his breakthrough year, but he he couldn't seperate himself from the other two QBs to be named starter after spring. That maybe Woodard not wanting to name a starter. However, with his hype, he should've been good enough to force Woodard to name him the starter.
  I hope, if he does go JUCO, that he can develope his QB skills and he fullfills his potential. However, with him going to 3 schools in 3 years, you have to consider him a bust.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Titletown2" post="1217203" timestamp="1335978720"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=99620.msg1217062#msg1217062 date=1335924635]
This is sad.  [b]Three years, three schools[/b].  His twitter says he is headed to Houston for the summer.  I'd have trouble beleiving he will go to UH.  I know HBU is starting football...maybe?  Anyone have any ideas where he may land?  He can always look at the lower divisions if he is heck bent on playing QB.  That's probably the only way.
[/quote]

I was one of his biggest fans when he transfered here from WV. However, with the latest transfer it seems he wasn't as good as the hype. This year was setting up to be his breakthrough year, but he he couldn't seperate himself from the other two QBs to be named starter after spring. That maybe Woodard not wanting to name a starter. However, with his hype, he should've been good enough to force Woodard to name him the starter.
  I hope, if he does go JUCO, that he can develope his QB skills and he fullfills his potential. However, with him going to 3 schools in 3 years, you have to consider him a bust.
[/quote]
I really shouldn't comment (but like Dickie V, it's never stopped me before) but all I can say is that I'm very disappointed.  I hope JJ finds success; I hope JJ finds peace.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="jenks" post="1217406" timestamp="1336008409"]
I can't believe he could not make it a Lamar. Is there an issue outside of football?
[/quote]

Sounds, to me, that there is an entitlement issue.  He feels he should be a QB, but rather than work to get better, he just runs away whenever he isn't made to be the man.  It's a common issue with kids who were the one shining diamond in their small towns.  All their life they are told how great they are, and they never have to work for anything. Then they get in a situation where they have to work and they run.  I understood the transfer from WV.  That is a big time school and I"m not sure anyone thought he'd hang in there, but Lamar?  If he cannot play QB, he should be content playing WR or doing whatever he can to help his home university.  The NFL is not in his future so I do not understand this chasing the QB dream.  Just play football and stop whining.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1217415" timestamp="1336009237"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=99620.msg1217406#msg1217406 date=1336008409]
I can't believe he could not make it a Lamar. Is there an issue outside of football?
[/quote]

Sounds, to me, that there is an entitlement issue.  He feels he should be a QB, but rather than work to get better, he just runs away whenever he isn't made to be the man.  It's a common issue with kids who were the one shining diamond in their small towns.  All their life they are told how great they are, and they never have to work for anything. Then they get in a situation where they have to work and they run.  I understood the transfer from WV.  That is a big time school and I"m not sure anyone thought he'd hang in there, but Lamar?  If he cannot play QB, he should be content playing WR or doing whatever he can to help his home university.  The NFL is not in his future so I do not understand this chasing the QB dream.  Just play football and stop whining.
[/quote]

Typical comments made not knowing the situation. ::)

Jeremy is a very hard worker, cannot question his work ethic or attitude. JJ just wants to play QB. He may feel his best option to do that is somewhere else.

I am not happy about him leaving Lamar. Would love for him to stay. But I don't know entirely what his situation was so I can only take it he is doing what's best for him in his career and what he wants to accomplish as a college football player.

My most concern is he get a degree, at whatever school, and not so much an NFL career.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="navydawg31" post="1217465" timestamp="1336015181"]
This is a smart move on JJ part he has tremendous athletic ability and very good work ethic. He will go to some school and show them what he is made of. heck if he goes to blinn we might be looking at the next Cam
[/quote]

You must be joking.

This is a smart move on JJ part he has tremendous athletic ability and very good work ethic. He will go to some school and show them what he is made of. heck if he goes to blinn we might be looking at the next Cam
[/quote]

If he couldn't become the undisputed starter at [b]LAMAR[/b] of all places, what makes you think he would become the next Cam?

Guest UHCoog14
It's a BIG jump from 3A Silsbee to D-1. JUCO would be the best bet for him at this point. Get his confidence back. Blinn would be a good fit IMO. They play a good brand of ball over there.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1217512" timestamp="1336050931"]
It's a BIG jump from 3A Silsbee to D-1. JUCO would be the best bet for him at this point. Get his confidence back. Blinn would be a good fit IMO. They play a good brand of ball over there.
[/quote]I agree!

[quote name="incognito123" post="1217415" timestamp="1336009237"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=99620.msg1217406#msg1217406 date=1336008409]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree. I read in one of the Enterpirse artilcles that he had said he left WV becuse he was promised he would get a chance to compete for the starting job as a freshman. There was no way he was going to beat out Geno Smith as starter. He transfered because he couldn't win the backup job.

[/quote]

Cam Newton was one of the most phenomenal college athletes of all time who pretty much single handedly won a national title. Johnson is a great athlete, but let's be realistic.

[quote name="Sea Aggie" post="1217658" timestamp="1336068029"]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=99620.msg1217465#msg1217465 date=1336015181]
[/quote]

Cam Newton was one of the most phenomenal college athletes of all time who pretty much single handedly won a national title. Johnson is a great athlete, but let's be realistic.
[/quote]

I dont remeber Cam playing Defense... but thats just me

[quote name="navydawg31" post="1218755" timestamp="1336207370"]
[quote author=Sea Aggie link=topic=99620.msg1217658#msg1217658 date=1336068029]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=99620.msg1217465#msg1217465 date=1336015181]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont remeber Cam playing Defense... but thats just me
[/quote]

Don't remember the Auburn defense playing much defense either...but that's just me.

You know what I mean by "single handedly". We know he didn't snap the ball to himself or catch his own passes, but he was the main reason they won the NC.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1219335" timestamp="1336393955"]
Sea Aggie, its just hard for some people to accept a one-man wrecking crew ;)
[/quote]

Like Tannehill?? hehe

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline