Nederland vs. Ozen/Ozen wins 5-2

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1214282" timestamp="1335243679"]
Seems like Nederland has a hitting problem..
[/quote]

Ned has hitters.  IMO, I'd bump several underclassman up, they are powerhitters and strong overall ball players.  Need some adjustments.

Ned will figure it out.

Tough loss for Ned.  Great win for Ozen.  Good job Panthers.

You don't bump them up now and expect them to hit....not that they can't hit varsity pitching but it will take several games to adjust and it's the end of the season.  I say this having seen players, including my son, hitting .700 at JV look foolish in their 1st few games when moved up to varsity midway through a season.  If Cody thought undercalassmen were the answer then he would have already moved them up.  Hitting was the one area I thought might hurt them this year after losing most of the offense from the previous 3 years.  They just have to focus on winning with pitching and defense during the playoffs and hope they eke out 1 or 2 run wins.

I agree that Ozen was better than their record implies this year.  They were in a lot of games against teams that normally 10-run them. 

[quote name="espn2" post="1214242" timestamp="1335233375"]
Who pitched for Ned????

[/quote]

Just wondering how Ozen scored 5 runs. I would've thought Brown or Fontenot would've held them to basiclly nothing. Were there some errors to blame?????

http://www.kfdm.com/sports/local/stories/vid_210.shtml

Ozen's been playing some good baseball. LCM barely squeaked by the last time we played them (7-6) and for a several innings they gave PNG a run for the money the last time they played PNG.

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="1214372" timestamp="1335281490"]
Nevermind.  I see they are clinched and will be in at least third or fourth.
[/quote]

They could potentially tie for 2nd and gain the 2nd seed. (For obvious reasons I'm hoping another team gets the 2nd seed)

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="1214365" timestamp="1335280971"]
How many teams go to the playoffs?  Does this loss to Ozen knock Nederland out?  If so, that means no baseball playoffs for Nederland in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, and maybe 12?

I don't think the Indians have missed out on post season in decades. Could be wrong.
[/quote]

where did you get you numbers?

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1214304" timestamp="1335269120"]
You don't bump them up now and expect them to hit....not that they can't hit varsity pitching but it will take several games to adjust and it's the end of the season.  I say this having seen players, including my son, [color=blue][b]hitting .700 at JV[/b][/color] look foolish in their 1st few games when moved up to varsity midway through a season.  If Cody thought undercalassmen were the answer then he would have already moved them up.  Hitting was the one area I thought might hurt them this year after losing most of the offense from the previous 3 years.  They just have to focus on winning with pitching and defense during the playoffs and hope they eke out 1 or 2 run wins.

I agree that Ozen was better than their record implies this year.  They were in a lot of games against teams that normally 10-run them.
[/quote]

Hitting .700 ?????  Wow that's awful impressive.

Rake1

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1214502" timestamp="1335299159"]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=99342.msg1214365#msg1214365 date=1335280971]
How many teams go to the playoffs?  Does this loss to Ozen knock Nederland out?  If so, that means no baseball playoffs for Nederland in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, and maybe 12?

I don't think the Indians have missed out on post season in decades. Could be wrong.
[/quote]

where did you get you numbers?
[/quote]

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=81670.msg982284#msg982284

Congrats to Ozen, nice win. The Panthers are much better than their record indicates as they have been a tough opponent in nearly every district game this year. I hope this is something they can build on next year when they attempt to find a spot in the post-season. Plenty of returners from this years team next season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin