• YES
    • NO
    • WHO CARES

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1213111" timestamp="1334930578"]
I think the front runner might be from a "not so sweet lake"....  If you call him a proven winner....
[/quote]

Well, if that front runner is David Martel as another post in this thread suggests, I'll answer whether he is a winner by the answer to this question:

Since West Orange-Stark and Silsbee entered the 3A ranks, who is the only school to represent what is now 21-3A in the 3A playoffs aside from WO-S, Silsbee and Bridge City?

The answer is David Martel's Hardin-Jefferson Hawks in 2004 and 2005.  I think he would do great in a school where football is a little higher up the food chain.

all I am saying is this APANTHERS said they need a proven winner.  Is that head coaching exp. or is that being apart of a winning program.  I am pretty sure Stan Hodges is applying and he has been around alot of winning.  He lead Kountze to a 7-3 record missing the playoffs by points. I think Stan should have a look before Martel.

I would love to see David Martel in Anahuac. Talk about a great person and coach. I hated to see him leave when he did and, like a lot of people, wished it would have been his brother that left and him stay. Not sure how much of a chance there is for him to come back or if he even wants to come back.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1214169" timestamp="1335228289"]
Has the name Joe Slack come up in any Anahuac conversations?
[/quote]

I highly doubt that Anahuac will go in that direction.  Joe is young and needs some more polish before taking over anywhere else.  He needs to settle in as an assistant and learn from someone who is seasoned.  He will get another chance, just not this quickly.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1214654" timestamp="1335365634"]
Has the list of applicants been released?  Curious to see who has applied.
[/quote]

I am, too.  I don't know when there will be a complete list as the posting for the job does not give a deadline for submitting applications.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1213461" timestamp="1334977346"]
Do you guys think that the way coach Hodges left Kountze is hurting him in all of the jobs he has been applying for?
[/quote]How did Stan Hodges leave? He is a very passionate Coach with a State Championship, along with many playoff wins.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1214768" timestamp="1335388984"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=99034.msg1213461#msg1213461 date=1334977346]
Do you guys think that the way coach Hodges left Kountze is hurting him in all of the jobs he has been applying for?
[/quote]How did Stan Hodges leave? He is a very passionate Coach with a State Championship, along with many playoff wins.
[/quote]

Coach Hodges left in 2009 to become an o-line coach at WO-S.  Then he went on the next year to Deer Park where he was an offensive assistant.  There is nothing wrong with his work history and no reason why it would be working against him in his job search.

Guest incognito123
No disrespect intended. I also know Stan and think he'd be a good HC. Km only asking because I remember him leaving abruptly, and there being a cloud of suspicion. That's all.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1215016" timestamp="1335463040"]
No disrespect intended. I also know Stan and think he'd be a good HC. Km only asking because I remember him leaving abruptly, and there being a cloud of suspicion. That's all.
[/quote]Coach Hodges left Kountze in good standings. Kountze was sorry to see him go, he turned that program around. Coach Hodges is a family man, he left Kountze to put his kids first and take care of personal issues. Both the WOS offensive coordinator job and the Houston job were taken to be with his kids. Coach Hodges is a good man and a fine Coach. It was an honor to be Coached by him. Coach Stan Hodges would be a great fit for the Anahauc Panthers job. If Anahauc wants a playoff experienced and seasoned Coach. Coach Hodges has a State Championship ring and would get another with Anahauc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder