Someone Has Sour Grapes

Guest Nederland Bandit

Guest Nederland Bandit

Piratefan Says

am not worried about us not making the playoffs, I just get tired of hearing how good Nederland is, and yall think that they are a Texas powerhouse.

But yet everyear yall go to the playoffs, right when yall get out of this area yall get beat.

Yall think Mosley is the best back in the Nation yet you cant find him anywhere on the scouting websites.Surely ALL the scouts arent idiots?? And all the people from Nederland are experts?

Yall are a good team from this area, but Nederland people need to get out of this area more and you will find out quick that there are better teams then the big bad bulldogs..

I dont claim that we are anything because I know reality, but just because yall beat a few teams around here ,yall are some kind of texas State powerhouse.

Let the couple of Vidor fans have their say. It helps to keep the boards moving in the off season.

You have to have some sympathy for a fan that has only one thing to talk about and that is beating a playoff team even though his teams hasn't been to the playoffs in years. Maybe it is some kind of therapy. When you have a team that is trying to make the playoffs for only the 4th time in 80 years (and failing miserably), you need something to keep you positive. Maybe this forum provides that relief. Think of it as a free counseling session.

piratefan, let me tell you what you're missing. Nederland is not loaded every year... we were not completely loaded this year, we had a solid offense, despite your ignorance of Mosley's ability. Our defense was not one of our best, and struggled to keep us in games. Thing is, in years when Nederland gets bounced in the second/third round, those are considered the DOWN years. We have to have some persepctive, they are great years in their own way, this year was no different, very proud of what those kids overcame, but the standards in Nederland are VERY high... the coaching staff and players have the ultimate goal in front of them every off-season... Neumann walked off the field after the LC game and felt like he came up three games short of the teams goal. Doesn't make the season unsuccessful, but his program is shooting for the whole ball of wax every year. They haven't been able to get it done... yet... but I can promise you that in the next 5 years, Nederland will move back into the State Powerhouse dept, versus the regional power that they have been in the past couple of years.

While you're busy venting frustration over perception... Nederland is getting ready to piece together another playoff contender through one of the most intense and grueling offseason programs in the state. Learn to love it, it ain't changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Next season we'll beat ya'll in ya'lls back yard. This time we'll make the playoffs!!  >:(

Is this the tail of the boy that cried wolf? It seems like we have seen this story before. 

Assuming that Vidor does beat Nederland next year, Vidor beat Nederland this year and we see what that did for their program.... and how much it stopped Nederland's playoff hopes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder