POST CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULING HERE!

If we get 4 inches of rain as some people are predicting, I doubt many teams will be playing tomorrow.  What is the rule on when district makeup games have to be played? 

I thought it has to be made up on the first available date and before the next game, but I could be wrong.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1199618" timestamp="1332263644"]
If we get 4 inches of rain as some people are predicting, I doubt many teams will be playing tomorrow.  What is the rule on when district makeup games have to be played? 

I thought it has to be made up on the first available date and before the next game, but I could be wrong.
[/quote]

All the more reason why to have bumped the games up to yesterday. Just didn't understand why not move them up a day. This forecast has been out for three days now.

[quote name="vpride" post="1199665" timestamp="1332269786"]
I heard that we tried. But there is some kind of rule that everyone in the district has to agree. Not sure if this is true or not , maybe one of you uil experts could help on that.
[/quote]
Each district is different on this rule.  I imagine such a deep district would have this rule.

Guest UHCoog14
I heard that we tried. But there is some kind of rule that everyone in the district has to agree. Not sure if this is true or not , maybe one of you uil experts could help on that.
[/quote]

Yes, all members must approve any game changes. (In theory at least.)

The only provision in the UIL rules regarding dates the games are played is making up a game and that is that the game must be rescheduled on the first date (not including Sunday) that there is not another district game scheduled.

The UIL baseball manual does not speak to moving games up.  The provision that all members of a district must agree is probably a rule created by the district executive committee and that committee is certainly allowed to make such rules.

[/quote]

Well, I guess my question would be which school didn't think moving the games up was not a good idea?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1199844" timestamp="1332294465"]
[quote author=vpride link=topic=97769.msg1199665#msg1199665 date=1332269786]
[/quote]

Well, I guess my question would be which school didn't think moving the games up was not a good idea?
[/quote]

Probably the one that is short on pitching and needs the extra days rest. ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1199848" timestamp="1332294730"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=97769.msg1199844#msg1199844 date=1332294465]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And for that school will be real short when they have to go Thursday-Friday or Friday-Saturday for these games.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1199989" timestamp="1332341754"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=97769.msg1199848#msg1199848 date=1332294730]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=97769.msg1199844#msg1199844 date=1332294465]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And for that school will be real short when they have to go Thursday-Friday or Friday-Saturday for these games.
[/quote]

Not with 5 days rest.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Baseball is the one sport you cannot change games on because you "think" it may rain.It can create an unfair situation regarding pitching......example      say livingston has png and lcm on tue  fri..90%chance of rain in liv on tue so they play monday...meanwhile lcm plays tue..now on friday livingstons #1 has 1 more day of rest than lcms......this happened last year with lcm and vidor and it didnt even rain on tuesday

[quote name="Arms77" post="1200139" timestamp="1332356831"]
Baseball is the one sport you cannot change games on because you "think" it may rain.It can create an unfair situation regarding pitching......example      say livingston has png and lcm on tue  fri..90%chance of rain in liv on tue so they play monday...meanwhile lcm plays tue..now on friday livingstons #1 has 1 more day of rest than lcms......this happened last year with lcm and vidor and it didnt even rain on tuesday
[/quote]

There was no "think" about it.  The certainty that it was going to have severe weather on Tuesday was in every forecast from Houston to the state line since late last week.  Now, the coaches with the deepest staffs have the advantage because some pitchers that haven't pitched since the second week of the season (because remember, the 3rd tourney for most teams were rained out) will be pressed into duty due to the fact that they are now playing games on consecutive days.

That is a better situation?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder