Orangefield vs. Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Kelly wins 9-3!!

[quote name="Kdawgs123" post="1199004" timestamp="1332140355"]
[you realize only one of the people saying stuff bad about him was a Kelly fan right? there are people from all over the area commenting on this saying the same thing. i wasnt at the game but sure seems like this ump has a bad rep and for viable reasons.
[/quote]
People from all over? Hmmm? westend1? probably Kelly fan. bmtbaseball? probably Kelly fan. Yep? no idea but guessing just an idiot.

Yeah, that's from "all over". You mean "all over west end of Beaumont".

But lets get back to the original point. You all are mad at an umpire for ejecting a potty mouth kid and one for wearing jewelry after having been warned. But the umpire is the bad guy.

[quote name="HeyNow" post="1199042" timestamp="1332164280"]
[quote author=Kdawgs123 link=topic=97699.msg1199004#msg1199004 date=1332140355]
[you realize only one of the people saying stuff bad about him was a Kelly fan right? there are people from all over the area commenting on this saying the same thing. i wasnt at the game but sure seems like this ump has a bad rep and for viable reasons.
[/quote]
People from all over? Hmmm? westend1? probably Kelly fan. bmtbaseball? probably Kelly fan. Yep? no idea but guessing just an idiot.

Yeah, that's from "all over". You mean "all over west end of Beaumont".

But lets get back to the original point. You all are mad at an umpire for ejecting a potty mouth kid and one for wearing jewelry after having been warned. But the umpire is the bad guy.
[/quote]  Actually, my kid plays for Brook.  But the point is, this crap seems to follow this guy everywhere he goes.    i know him and I personally kind of like him, but he needs to find something else to do with his spare time.  You don't toss a kid for wearing a rubber bracelet.  Sorry.  that's just poor judgment. 

[quote name="westend1" post="1199048" timestamp="1332165278"]
Actually, my kid plays for Brook.  But the point is, this crap seems to follow this guy everywhere he goes.    i know him and I personally kind of like him, but he needs to find something else to do with his spare time.  You don't toss a kid for wearing a rubber bracelet.  Sorry.  that's just poor judgment.
[/quote]
You don't want to play by the rules? NFHS rules state no jewelry of any kind. First offense is warning, second offense is immediate ejection. Should your team get 4 strikes and the other team 2 strikes since you don't want to follow the rule book?

And you say this crap follows him everywhere. Please list the incidents "everywhere". And don't make up lies like yep was.

Do you think it's ok for spectators to physically threaten an umpire?

No wonder kids these days think rules don't apply to them. Just look at the parents.  ::)

Ok Hey Now read slower, I said he was asked to not to ump at Lumberton and banned from Ford Park for assaulting a coach. As far as lying goes I can only tell you what I SAW at Ford Park, and when you knock a coach that is not looking at you unconcious, I would classify that as assault.

[quote name="HeyNow" post="1199051" timestamp="1332165639"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=97699.msg1199048#msg1199048 date=1332165278]
Actually, my kid plays for Brook.  But the point is, this crap seems to follow this guy everywhere he goes.    i know him and I personally kind of like him, but he needs to find something else to do with his spare time.  You don't toss a kid for wearing a rubber bracelet.  Sorry.  that's just poor judgment.
[/quote]
You don't want to play by the rules? NFHS rules state no jewelry of any kind. First offense is warning, second offense is immediate ejection. Should your team get 4 strikes and the other team 2 strikes since you don't want to follow the rule book?

And you say this crap follows him everywhere. Please list the incidents "everywhere". And don't make up lies like yep was.

Do you think it's ok for spectators to physically threaten an umpire?

No wonder kids these days think rules don't apply to them. Just look at the parents.  ::)
[/quote]  Lies?  Answer me this.  Is he allowed to umpire major league games at WELL?  Did he punch somebody at Ford Park?  Look, he threw the kid out for wearing a bracelet.  I would have been very easy to say, "hey, i told you not to wear jewelry.  Get that thing off"  But no.  He had to toss him. 

I am not condoning a fan threatening an umpire, and frankly, i have not seem anybody condoning that.  All your name calling doesn't change the fact that the guy causes trouble wherever he goes.

[quote name="Yep" post="1199055" timestamp="1332165966"]
Ok Hey Now read slower, I said he was asked to not to ump at Lumberton and banned from Ford Park for assaulting a coach. As far as lying goes I can only tell you what I SAW at Ford Park, and when you knock a coach that is not looking at you unconcious, I would classify that as assault.
[/quote]
Once again you are lying. Give it up.

[quote name="westend1" post="1199057" timestamp="1332166170"]
Lies?  Answer me this.  Is he allowed to umpire major league games at WELL?  Did he punch somebody at Ford Park?  Look, he threw the kid out for wearing a bracelet.  I would have been very easy to say, "hey, i told you not to wear jewelry.  Get that thing off"  But no.  He had to toss him. 

I am not condoning a fan threatening an umpire, and frankly, i have not seem anybody condoning that.  All your name calling doesn't change the fact that the guy causes trouble wherever he goes.
[/quote]
As far as I know he is allowed at West End. Why wouldn't he be allowed? Because he ejected a jack-a$$ of a coach for mouthing off?

Yes, he punched a fan who ran onto the field immediately after a game and threatened him. The fan was convicted, the umpire wasn't.

Where else has he caused trouble? And by causing trouble you mean following the rule book? No, you all just want to play by your own rules.

Actually, a kid wearing a rubber bracelet should be tossed from the game.  Jewelry of any kind is not allowed.  According to this post the Kelly baseball team was warned, then a player was tossed.  The only poor judgement in this case was from the players that did not follow the rules or the warning from the umpire.

Actually, I don't think it was done correctly.  it was my understanding that the umpire must give a "team warning" after a player is discovered participating in the game while wearing jewelry.  After the team warning, a player can be ejected.  We might need to "ask the ump", but from what I have heard, there was no official "team warning" [b]after[/b] a player was discovered wearing jewelry while participating in the game.  It is my understanding that these rules don't apply to roster members on the bench.

[quote name="westend1" post="1199107" timestamp="1332174539"]
Actually, I don't think it was done correctly.  it was my understanding that the umpire must give a "team warning" after a player is discovered participating in the game while wearing jewelry.  After the team warning, a player can be ejected.  We might need to "ask the ump", but from what I have heard, there was no official "team warning" [b]after[/b] a player was discovered wearing jewelry while participating in the game.  It is my understanding that these rules don't apply to roster members on the bench.
[/quote]
Actually, there was a team warning by the home plate umpire in the 1st inning.  Both teams were warned.  The ejected player was on base and most likely did not hear the warning.  But the letter of the law was enforced.

The real story should be Dane Steinhagen had a great game for the Bulldogs, with 2 home runs and 5 RBI.  He also came in and took control of the game on the mound, as Orangefield was mounting a come back.  Preston Warner made his debut back on the field, following a three week absence due to his scary shot off his head against Nederland.  Great to see him back and enjoying the game again.  Congrats Preston!!

Orangefield had a gutsy comeback, after being down 7-0.  This group of players from Orangefield worked hard in the 4th and 5th innings to get back within striking range.  Orangefield has a good group of hard working players.  They too should be commended.  The hour long delay may have cut into their momentum.  Who knows.  But the Bobcats had a great showing for their school.

In hindsight, many can share in the blame for the way the game delay played out: Players, coaches, parents, and umpires. Many people could have handled things differently.  Time to focus on the players and their accomplishments on the field.  Hats off to both teams for enduring the challenges faced on Saturday.

[quote name="bmtball" post="1199133" timestamp="1332177747"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=97699.msg1199107#msg1199107 date=1332174539]
[/quote]
Actually, there was a team warning by the home plate umpire in the 1st inning.  Both teams were warned.  The ejected player was on base and most likely did not hear the warning.  But the letter of the law was enforced.

The real story should be Dane Steinhagen had a great game for the Bulldogs, with 2 home runs and 5 RBI.  He also came in and took control of the game on the mound, as Orangefield was mounting a come back.  Preston Warner made his debut back on the field, following a three week absence due to his scary shot off his head against Nederland.  Great to see him back and enjoying the game again.  Congrats Preston!!

Orangefield had a gutsy comeback, after being down 7-0.  This group of players from Orangefield worked hard in the 4th and 5th innings to get back within striking range.  Orangefield has a good group of hard working players.  They too should be commended.  The hour long delay may have cut into their momentum.  Who knows.  But the Bobcats had a great showing for their school.

In hindsight, many can share in the blame for the way the game delay played out: Players, coaches, parents, and umpires. Many people could have handled things differently.  Time to focus on the players and their accomplishments on the field.  Hats off to both teams for enduring the challenges faced on Saturday.
[/quote]

I agree...... Great job Kelly.......

[quote author=HeyNow link=topic=97699.msg1198992#msg1198992 date=1332128349]
Yep,
You obviously have a bias against this umpire. You claim to be an umpire yet you continually throw this person under the bus. Your obviously not much of an umpire. He is not banned from Lumberton as he called games this year there. He's not banned from West End or anywhere else. You just want to slander this person for some apparent personal vendetta.

But I guess you think it's ok for a Kelly [u][b]Catholic[/b][/u] High School player to continue to cuss after being warned (I'm sure Kelly's priest/head master wouldn't approve). You think it's ok not to follow NFHS rules and allow players to wear jewelry after they have been warned. Guess you think it's ok for the freaking trainer to confront an umpire on the field. And I'm sure you think it's perfectly fine for spectators to threaten an umpire with physical harm.

What does being Catholic have anything to do with this situation? Bottom line is you are dealing with KIDS! Kids are going to get in trouble, cuss sometimes, and do things that you don't always approve of, WHETHER you go to a private school or not. When you get into officiating, you should do so for the kids. Not for a check and not to go around and show how much authority or knowledge you have about a game. This guy obviously has a power trip (a former officer and now an umpire) . Seems like he wants to show people who the boss is. ANY other official would have calmly told the kid to take the bracelet off or would have done their job before the game and made sure that all the kids were in the right attire and not wearing anything illegal. My two cents.