Orangefield vs. Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Kelly wins 9-3!!

Started with Warner and talbot getting ejected for swearing. Not at umps or loud enough for stands to hear. Frustration swearing out of poor self performance. This was Warner's first game back post concussion. Umps made him clear the premises. The trainer pleaded with umps to allow Warner to stay because he is under concussion monitoring via a protocol. If trainer is forced to follow Warner off premises then he will not be there for future injuries. Catch 22 for trainer. Delayed game for major discussion and pleading by trainer. Then a parent gets on ump to get on with the game. Umpire warns patent ( not one of kids ejected parents). Umpire then warns parent he faces ejection. Parent tells ump to come over here and eject him. Then tells ump he will kick his a$$. Ump them wants police called to press charges. Parent is long gone from park as coach handles that situation. Game is delayed while cops take paper work from ump. Luckily George Coit is there to finish the game doing bases with a bad hip. The ump in question is the same one who punched a coach at ford park tourney last year. Bad deal. It was all about the ump. He challenged everyone to the point of escalation. Sad day for the kids.

LOL, this does not surprise me this same ump has been banned from about 5 different venues that I know of. As a fellow ump trust me he is NOT respected by us either, and it is usually difficult to find someone to work with him, I won't

I was at the game and the one thing I didnt understand was the trainer issue.  The trainer does not follow the player home or around in class, he could have stayed on the field while the player went to the field house.  It was certainly the umpires ego causing most of the problems, and I thought the first player he ejected was for wearing jewlery after they gave them the warning in the first inning.  That was a first for me.  I though the Kelly parents (with the one exception handled) the situation well, I am pretty sure if it would have been our kids tossed there would have been a lot more of an roar.  George Coit has always been a class act.

I believe this is the same ump that ejected Coach Rabb a few years ago. It was Rabb's first ejection in Who knows how many games of baseball, and this was over a trivial issue also that Rabb just wanted to clarify with him.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1198850" timestamp="1332088690"]
If this one guy is so bad, then why does he continue to call games? Why do teams still allow him to umpire their games?

With this kind of rep (if it is that bad) shouldn't he be on everyone's scratch list?
[/quote]
I asked George that question. He said that he never really knew the guy or his rep. With 110 umpires to schedule, he doesn't know all of them. Good thing George was there. Now he knows.

Sad thing is the guy would be a decent ump, he knows the rules, just does not know how to relate to public, and always and I mean ALWAYS has to have a "ME" moment. He is bad news and I would without a doubt have him on my scratch list if I were a coach....I prefer to leave the game and have everyone forget I was there.

[quote name="Yep" post="1198905" timestamp="1332101336"]
Sad thing is the guy would be a decent ump, he knows the rules, just does not know how to relate to public, and always and I mean ALWAYS has to have a "ME" moment. He is bad news and I would without a doubt have him on my scratch list if I were a coach....I prefer to leave the game and have everyone forget I was there.
[/quote]

He does know enough baseball to be a decent ump.  He just has never learned about a thing called discretion.

Yep,
You obviously have a bias against this umpire. You claim to be an umpire yet you continually throw this person under the bus. Your obviously not much of an umpire. He is not banned from Lumberton as he called games this year there. He's not banned from West End or anywhere else. You just want to slander this person for some apparent personal vendetta.

But I guess you think it's ok for a Kelly [u][b]Catholic[/b][/u] High School player to continue to cuss after being warned (I'm sure Kelly's priest/head master wouldn't approve). You think it's ok not to follow NFHS rules and allow players to wear jewelry after they have been warned. Guess you think it's ok for the freaking trainer to confront an umpire on the field. And I'm sure you think it's perfectly fine for spectators to threaten an umpire with physical harm.

I know this umpire and he is a very good umpire. He has only ejected 2 coaches in his career and both times it was completely warranted. I don't know a single professional umpire that wouldn't call games with him. He knows the rules and follows them. Guess you just don't like having to play by the rules.

Oh, but I forgot. It's Kelly. You want to play by your own rules. You feel entitled to every call and to look the other way when it's your team committing violations. That's what you all call "discretion".

So before you all keep running your mouths, take a real close look at what really happened. Maybe instead of trying to throw the 1 adult in this situation under the bus, you should clean up your kids' mouths and teach them the rules.

[quote name="HeyNow" post="1198992" timestamp="1332128349"]
Yep,
You obviously have a bias against this umpire. You claim to be an umpire yet you continually throw this person under the bus. Your obviously not much of an umpire. He is not banned from Lumberton as he called games this year there. He's not banned from West End or anywhere else. You just want to slander this person for some apparent personal vendetta.

But I guess you think it's ok for a Kelly [u][b]Catholic[/b][/u] High School player to continue to cuss after being warned (I'm sure Kelly's priest/head master wouldn't approve). You think it's ok not to follow NFHS rules and allow players to wear jewelry after they have been warned. Guess you think it's ok for the freaking trainer to confront an umpire on the field. And I'm sure you think it's perfectly fine for spectators to threaten an umpire with physical harm.

I know this umpire and he is a very good umpire. He has only ejected 2 coaches in his career and both times it was completely warranted. I don't know a single professional umpire that wouldn't call games with him. He knows the rules and follows them. Guess you just don't like having to play by the rules.

Oh, but I forgot. It's Kelly. You want to play by your own rules. You feel entitled to every call and to look the other way when it's your team committing violations. That's what you all call "discretion".

So before you all keep running your mouths, take a real close look at what really happened. Maybe instead of trying to throw the 1 adult in this situation under the bus, you should clean up your kids' mouths and teach them the rules.
[/quote]you realize only one of the people saying stuff bad about him was a Kelly fan right? there are people from all over the area commenting on this saying the same thing. i wasnt at the game but sure seems like this ump has a bad rep and for viable reasons.

great hey now you call with him then. I have seen the guy in action, and I was at Ford Park during the assault incident on the coach. Don't know the guy outside of a sports field but have seen enough and HEARD enough that sets off my warning bells. Anytime a guy is in as many "incidents" as this guy has been in it is bad news. There is only so far an umpire can push the stand up for your fellow blue code until you have to say sorry can't do it anymore. As far as Kelly goes you will have to discuss that with them my kids have been loooonnnnnggg out of PUBLIC school.