Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Reg. Qtr. Thread/Ozen advances 52-44!

WOSgrad

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shout out to Ozen Boys Basketball Team & especially their Coaches for a very good season!  These Coaches have dealt with alot of criticism in comparison to former coach Andre Boutte and his previous success!  After dealing with major discipline problems from some players who played major roles in the beginning of this season and is now no longer apart of the team, managing practices and game planning, dealing with difficult parents and spectators, even administrative staff at times, they've managed to hold this program together! In a very short period of time, Coach Marcus Saveat has brought Ozen's Basketball program back to being respected. Whether you agree with his methods or coaching style the results speak for themselves. His not being afraid to discipline and release very good players from his team to teach them and every other team member that negative behaviour will not be tolerated shows that he is about developing quality character as well! If you've ever coached or ran a program facing as many obstacles, then you may be able to appreciate his accomplishments! Way to Go Panthers! Keep It Going!

Wait....is that crickets I am hearing this morning? It's awfully quiet on  THIS particular thread now that order has been somewhat restored in District 20-4A...

But boy if they would have won.... ...You would have seen 352 posts from NB-Dawg, baddog, Snoop Doggy Dogg and every other dog out there on this site!! It is just so QUIET on here this morning...maybe they are still sleeping...Reality tends to make you wanna just sleep it off sometimes... ...I get it now!

-As Posted by DickieV-

Just saying Dickie, do you honestly think these posts have no intention of bragging or continued effort to bringing down the success of a team? Have you ever considered this might be the reason behind all the returned hate being brought back to you? Come on man.. We all said Congrats and good luck to Ozen, then said congrats the Nederland on their season as well.. You cant do the same without trying to rattle the dog cage?

[quote name="JRidge" post="1188816" timestamp="1330534660"]
Shout out to Ozen Boys Basketball Team & especially their Coaches for a very good season!  These Coaches have dealt with alot of criticism in comparison to former coach Andre Boutte and his previous success!  After dealing with major discipline problems from some players who played major roles in the beginning of this season and is now no longer apart of the team, managing practices and game planning, dealing with difficult parents and spectators, even administrative staff at times, they've managed to hold this program together! In a very short period of time, Coach Marcus Saveat has brought Ozen's Basketball program back to being respected. Whether you agree with his methods or coaching style the results speak for themselves. His not being afraid to discipline and release very good players from his team to teach them and every other team member that negative behaviour will not be tolerated shows that he is about developing quality character as well! If you've ever coached or ran a program facing as many obstacles, then you may be able to appreciate his accomplishments! Way to Go Panthers! Keep It Going!

[/quote]
Good post, Breck.. ;)

[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=96858.msg1188821#msg1188821 date=1330534813]
Wait....is that crickets I am hearing this morning? It's awfully quiet on  THIS particular thread now that order has been somewhat restored in District 20-4A...

But boy if they would have won.... ...You would have seen 352 posts from NB-Dawg, baddog, Snoop Doggy Dogg and every other dog out there on this site!! It is just so QUIET on here this morning...maybe they are still sleeping...Reality tends to make you wanna just sleep it off sometimes... ...I get it now!

-As Posted by DickieV-

Just saying Dickie, do you honestly think these posts have no intention of bragging or continued effort to bringing down the success of a team? Have you ever considered this might be the reason behind all the returned hate being brought back to you? Come on man.. We all said Congrats and good luck to Ozen, then said congrats the Nederland on their season as well.. You cant do the same without trying to rattle the dog cage?
[/quote]
You tell me HOW this post is "bragging"....about WHAT?...Bringing down the success of a team? HOW?...I said congrats also...didn't you read it?...Yes, I was rattling some of the posters cages with that statement, but I was not personally attacking anyone...or bragging about ANYTHING!...You KNOW that if Nederland had won, you guys would have been on me ALL DAY LONG...Just be honest...YES, you all would have...

There is no hope for you then on here.. You would have gotten plenty of messages back at you because you  deserve it.. They are ways to show you don't support a team or you feel differently about a situation, but you decided to criticize and blame their success on other teams short-comings or other factors in Texas High  School Basketball instead of giving the success to Nederland for what they have done.. I'm 21yrs old and understand when to give a team congrats without excuses.. Win or lose.. You think you could try that?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1188393" timestamp="1330486569"]
Its obvious I'm an Ozen fan but this win doesn't at all impress me...Nederland? Come on I remember when I played Nederland wasn't even supposed to be in the same gym with us. To be honest only reason Ozen's still in the playoffs is because they finished third in their district and got an easy side of the bracket. It's no excuse for Ozen to be finishing 3rd in a weak district is inexcusable GET SAVEAT OUTTA THERE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. But on another note congrats fellows.
[/quote]

well the past few years Nederland has improved and shown that they more than deserve to be in the same gym as you. And that is what irritates you and others on this board. By the way, love screen name ozensfinest!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188563" timestamp="1330518839"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96858.msg1188551#msg1188551 date=1330517292]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96858.msg1188393#msg1188393 date=1330486569]
Its obvious I'm an Ozen fan but this win doesn't at all impress me...Nederland? Come on I remember when I played Nederland wasn't even supposed to be in the same gym with us. To be honest only reason Ozen's still in the playoffs is because they finished third in their district and got an easy side of the bracket. It's no excuse for Ozen to be finishing 3rd in a weak district is inexcusable GET SAVEAT OUTTA THERE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. But on another note congrats fellows.
[/quote]Go get Joubert
[/quote]I see now what you are talking about now, Tebowing.  Although he is an Ozen fan and a fellow Beaumont guy, he has little or no credibility in the basketball or football forum for past comments that he's made.  So, some of his comments are overlooked by me.  with that being said....

Congratulations, Ozen.  Keep it going.  Way to represent in the regional tourney! 

Keep executing late in the game, Ozen.  I liked what I saw last night!  Great run, Big Ned!
[/quote]
Credibility? For one I've palyed for Ozen basketball and Football not to mention I played football on the D1 level now I'd like to know what makes you such an expert soulja? and the proofs in the pudding look at the production of the program since BOU left plain and simple Ozen beating Nederland is SUPPOSED to happen plain and simple they shouldn't be on the floor with us and finishing 3rd in a weak 20-4a district is inexcusable Ozen didn't lost to central its first time in history after BOU left and it definitely isn't because central has more talent either Ozen NEEDS A NEW COACH if they ever plan on being a contender again....But good luck to my panthers

[quote name="RR8" post="1188910" timestamp="1330541725"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96858.msg1188393#msg1188393 date=1330486569]
[/quote]

well the past few years Nederland has improved and shown that they more than deserve to be in the same gym as you. And that is what irritates you and others on this board. By the way, love screen name ozensfinest!!!
[/quote]
Na its definitely has nothing to do with Nederland I promise you...You don't go from dominating to finishing 3rd in district i think you might be giving Nederland too much credit cause you seen what happen the last two times they played

Congrats to Ozen!  Good Luck

Great Season to the Dogs!!!

Things could have always turned out differently.  Just proud 20-4A is represented. 

Co-worker from Ozen who went to game last night had such positive things to say about #21 on our team and how amazing he was.  I thought that was really nice! 

Both teams have a lot to build on, and the main thing is to represent your community with your best!!! 

Note to Message Board:  Remember these are kids that are playing on the court.  No kid gets paid to give you something to talk about on this board.  Instead they make sacrifices, work hard, make the grades and perform to a high level.  Be proud of what all of these kids accomplish and stop trying to tear the communities apart. 

It's harder to build things up.  Anyone can tear things down.

okay, maybe this was covered earlier in the post or in another thread, but why was this game played at the montagne (spelling) center? wouldnt this be considered a home game for ozen? seems like they woulda played somewhere a little bit more neutral..then again i could be wrong considering theres not a site between beaumont and nederland...can someone clear this up for me?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1189163" timestamp="1330559523"]
[quote author=RR8 link=topic=96858.msg1188910#msg1188910 date=1330541725]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Na its definitely has nothing to do with Nederland I promise you...You don't go from dominating to finishing 3rd in district i think you might be giving Nederland too much credit cause you seen
what happen the last two times they played
[/quote]
Nice try on trying to discredit Nederland.  ;) Ozen may have won the last 2 meetings, but Nederland won the previous 5 meetings (over past 3 seasons) against the Panthers. Others want to say Ned should not be in the same gym as Ozen, as was the case b4 Coach English arrived. Ozen was better back then, no doubt, but it's not JUST Ozen who Nederland is now all of the sudden beating. There are tons of team's who use to blow out Nederland, who we now either beat or play a lot more competitively. HS sports is (obviously) cyclical. Some say the talent is different in Bmt, some say it's the coaching. I am not here to agree or disagree with that. My point is that Nederland is a lot better, now that we have a coach who dedicates his life to the program. Say what you will about your Ozen team, however, please don't try to discredit what Coach E has accomplished, and the fact that Nederland is just a whole lot better now.  8)

This goes out to the ozen players that are reading this site. As i said in past post it isnt who wins district as much as it is who goes deep into the playoffs. Just remember everyone downed ya and your coach in the beginning but ya are the only ones left playing must feel pretty good and it should. Actions are louder than words. So with that said bring the fight to their door step in katy friday night boys.

[quote name="pete092775" post="1189390" timestamp="1330609820"]
This goes out to the ozen players that are reading this site. As i said in past post it isnt who wins district as much as it is who goes deep into the playoffs. Just remember everyone downed ya and your coach in the beginning but ya are the only ones left playing must feel pretty good and it should. Actions are louder than words. So with that said bring the fight to their door step in katy friday night boys.
[/quote]And Saveat & his team out coached the Nederland crew. very good game plan.  ;)

to all you ozen fanatics

Bou was a great coach but he also had Perkins and several other D1 players on his team.

So without perkins they don't win state.

Yall act like because they had some very successful years there that it should be that way every year.  Players like that come every so often.  YOu can't win state every year.

Lets be honest OZEN hasn't had any legit D1 players in several years, so guess what your not going to win state.....yall wanna blame the coach but hell he can only play the players that come out for the team.

IF saveat had perkins and those players yall would be saying he was a great coach......

IN two to three years OZEN will win district and they will have a team good enough to make a state run....

also i heard alot of fans criticizing coach saveat...

"let them boys run"  " why is he holding them back"

YOU IDIOTS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME....

Why run and gun when you have another game on friday.

YEah its real smart lets run our players legs into the ground by trying to run up the score and turn around and play friday against a better opponent.  The games get more intense the further you get in the playoffs.

Great job coach for being smart.

all you parents and fans that ain't got a clue about basketball..
Shut YOUR TRAP and watch the game....if you can do better go get a college degree, a teaching certificate, and you become the coach.

PUT UP or SHUT UP

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1189417" timestamp="1330610749"]
to all you ozen fanatics

Bou was a great coach but he also had Perkins and several other D1 players on his team.

So without perkins they don't win state.

Yall act like because they had some very successful years there that it should be that way every year.  Players like that come every so often.  YOu can't win state every year.

Lets be honest OZEN hasn't had any legit D1 players in several years, so guess what your not going to win state.....yall wanna blame the coach but heck he can only play the players that come out for the team.

IF saveat had perkins and those players yall would be saying he was a great coach......

IN two to three years OZEN will win district and they will have a team good enough to make a state run....
[/quote]I think DeCarlos Frank as far as basketball talent had major D-1 talent, and he was with Ozen; what about 2 years ago?

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1189432" timestamp="1330611280"]
just having one D1 talent isn't going to win you a state title....

Plus isn't he at a JC
[/quote] I was only clarifying that Ozen had a recent true D-1 a several years ago. Nothing to do with winning State ;)