Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Reg. Qtr. Thread/Ozen advances 52-44!

WOSgrad

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1190272" timestamp="1330699122"]
LOL! Can't! Too many variables involved in this 4-A stuff and I don't know the teams well enough. In 3-A, [b]You basically know what schools the kids are going to attend[/b]. You see 3-A kids from elementary, middle, and on to high school. You know their strengths and weaknesses.
[/quote]
4A and 5A schools (sports) are messed up...  :-\

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1190287" timestamp="1330699728"]
I'm also going to stop commenting on Nederland's weaknesses. Let yall figure it out for next year. Cause if yall don't , yall in trouble  ;D
[/quote]I think there is going to be a huge battle for the district title next year.  3 teams... evenly matched.... and stronger than they were the year before. 

You guys are naive if you think Nederland won't be back in the mix next year.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1190298" timestamp="1330700289"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96858.msg1190287#msg1190287 date=1330699728]
I'm also going to stop commenting on Nederland's weaknesses. Let yall figure it out for next year. Cause if yall don't , yall in trouble  ;D
[/quote]I think there is going to be a huge battle for the district title next year.  3 teams... evenly matched.... and stronger than they were the year before. 

You guys are naive if you think Nederland won't be back in the mix next year.
[/quote] Here is my prediction for next year. HJ will not win State! OOPS! Wrong thread!  Nederland will make the playoffs next year. Central is loaded and will have fresh leadership and new beginnings. Ozen will be 10-12 deep or possibly more because there are at least 8 guards in the number I just gave you. Nederland will be good but speed kills ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1190360" timestamp="1330704263"]
I cant believe you guys just see Nederland giving it up to Ozen and Central.. ::) Its not like they wont have the exact same team minus Lubera.. that same team went 12-2 in district..
[/quote] Okay I give up! You can lead a thirsty *dog* to the water  but that doesn't mean he will drink it :(

Nederland is always going to be good with Brian English running the program.  What they won't be is big or fast or quick and that will be a problem.  Nederland's rise has come at a time when some of the other schools in the area have been down.  The general consensus is that Beaumont is about to finally get another big wave of talent.  It will be interesting to see how the district plays out the next couple of years.

I do think some, not all, Nederland fans are a bit naive about the future.  Next year will be another good one with everyone returning.  The JV group you guys are hanging your hats on finished 5th this year in the district.  The freshman group is solid.  The 8th grade group is pretty good.  Nowhere in the program, that I've seen, is there a true big kid or a true point guard that can break people down.

I hope this isn't offensive.  I am really looking forward to see who wins 20-4A next year and in the future.  I'm a Port Arthur guy so I tend to want the Beaumont schools to lose to Nederland.  Lincoln NEVER did.  On another note, good luck to Ozen tonight in Katy. 

[quote name="PaBees" post="1190372" timestamp="1330704836"]
Nederland is always going to be good with Brian English running the program.  What they won't be is big or fast or quick and that will be a problem.  Nederland's rise has come at a time when some of the other schools in the area have been down.  The general consensus is that Beaumont is about to finally get another big wave of talent.  It will be interesting to see how the district plays out the next couple of years.

I do think some, not all, Nederland fans are a bit naive about the future.  Next year will be another good one with everyone returning.  The JV group you guys are hanging your hats on finished 5th this year in the district.  The freshman group is solid.  The 8th grade group is pretty good.  Nowhere in the program, that I've seen, is there a true big kid or a true point guard that can break people down.

I hope this isn't offensive.  I am really looking forward to see who wins 20-4A next year and in the future.  I'm a Port Arthur guy so I tend to want the Beaumont schools to lose to Nederland.  Lincoln NEVER did.  On another note, good luck to Ozen tonight in Katy.
[/quote] Good post. I like that; " a wave of talent." Yeah, I think that cycle is coming back around. I agree with your very honest assessment. Nederland has no true big nor a true point guard to break down the defense. Will be interesting to watch.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1190400" timestamp="1330706829"]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=96858.msg1190372#msg1190372 date=1330704836]

[/quote] Good post. I like that; " a wave of talent." Yeah, I think that cycle is coming back around. I agree with your very honest assessment. Nederland has no true big nor a true point guard to break down the defense. Will be interesting to watch.
[/quote]

Doesnt that also apply to this past year where they shared the district title?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1190405" timestamp="1330707344"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96858.msg1190400#msg1190400 date=1330706829]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on Nash, the district was Down again for the third straight year. We all know that is the only reason that Nederland has been at the top of the district standings these past few years. Just because they have 90% of their team coming back next year, means nothing.  ::)
PA Bees made some sense, but Ned JV finished 3rd (not 5th as he stated) in district. Only one game out of 2nd and 2 games out of 1st. Our freshman team was just average this year, but the CO Wilson eighth grade team really shined. Oh, and I didn't know you had to have people who can 'break you down' to win?? ??? ;D

I'm sure there will be plenty of reasons next year as to why Nederland won district again, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  ::) ::)

......just a side note: I have seen our freshman and JV teams in football not be leaders of the district, but when it came to playing varsity.....we'll that's a whole 'nother Dog!

Same probably goes for basketball.

We should become a magnet school and maybe some of the Yates crowd could live in RVs long enough to claim residence.  ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="1190449" timestamp="1330711046"]
......just a side note: I have seen our freshman and JV teams in football not be leaders of the district, but when it came to playing varsity.....we'll that's a whole 'nother Dog!

Same probably goes for basketball.

We should become a magnet school and maybe some of the Yates crowd could live in RVs long enough to claim residence.  ;D
[/quote]You should apply for Magnet status. It might help you for next year  ;D

You dont have to treat me like an idiot.. I know what Ozen and Central are bringing back and how talented the younger teams are, BUT saying a team that is returning 4 starters and the bench players after finishing the regular season tied for first place wont compete again is just foolish.. It is clearly a 3 team race at the top, (no disrespect to the other teams in district).. I thought after this season you guys who have realized that Nederland was here to stay.. All off-season on this board yall talked how Nederland was going to take a major step back since they lost all those senors after finishing 14-0, yet the young guys step right in a hardly miss a beat! Seems like respect hasnt yet been earned around this area.. Oh well.. Keep doing what you are doing Dogs! You have a proud fan base who knows what yall have accomplished!

Oh and I still say good luck to Ozen because I want our district to be represented well! 8)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1190434" timestamp="1330710255"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96858.msg1190405#msg1190405 date=1330707344]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on Nash, the district was Down again for the third straight year. We all know that is the only reason that Nederland has been at the top of the district standings these past few years. Just because they have 90% of their team coming back next year, means nothing.  ::)
PA Bees made some sense, but Ned JV finished 3rd (not 5th as he stated) in district. Only one game out of 2nd and 2 games out of 1st. Our freshman team was just average this year, but the CO Wilson eighth grade team really shined. Oh, and I didn't know you had to have people who can 'break you down' to win?? ??? ;D

I'm sure there will be plenty of reasons next year as to why Nederland won district again, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  ::) ::)
[/quote]

Dawg,  Why do you want to take a DV page and demean our Freshmen?  They lost 4 games all year... 2 to Central and 2 to WOS. Took WOS into OT once and played them to the wire the in WOS.  2 point game to Central half way thru the 3rd--and let me say Central Freshmen are really good! I think they won the rest of their games by double-digits...  come on, man!

[quote name="GrayDog" post="1190858" timestamp="1330735179"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96858.msg1190434#msg1190434 date=1330710255]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96858.msg1190405#msg1190405 date=1330707344]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dawg,  Why do you want to take a DV page and demean our Freshmen?  They lost 4 games all year... 2 to Central and 2 to WOS. Took WOS into OT once and played them to the wire the in WOS.  2 point game to Central half way thru the 3rd--and let me say Central Freshmen are really good! I think they won the rest of their games by double-digits...  come on, man!
[/quote]
...and with a baseball coach!

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1190161" timestamp="1330661761"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96858.msg1189992#msg1189992 date=1330651042]
Bouttee's Son Anthony is coaching now(PA Memorial) they better get him to Ozen thats about their only hope to become state title contenders again
[/quote]
Serious question...do you think they would really consider replacing a coach who took the number 3 seed to the regional tourney??
[/quote]
Ummmm who exactly did ozen beat that was worth anything? Humble? Nederland? Being from ozen I doubt it'll happen but it definitely needs to point blank

[quote name="rc2182" post="1190182" timestamp="1330663575"]
Some one don't know much about nothing,what kind of sense would that make, to put some one in a head coach position that have never been their, not to mention replacing the only coach still playing in 20-4a ,and Beaumont for that matter, and heading to the regional tournament.Give it a rest, coach Saveat has done a good job with this team ,weather you like his coaching style or not.
[/quote]
Seeing that I played for coach saveat I think I would know that he is not the coach for Ozen

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1190991" timestamp="1330740679"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=96858.msg1190161#msg1190161 date=1330661761]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96858.msg1189992#msg1189992 date=1330651042]
Bouttee's Son Anthony is coaching now(PA Memorial) they better get him to Ozen thats about their only hope to become state title contenders again
[/quote]
Serious question...do you think they would really consider replacing a coach who took the number 3 seed to the regional tourney??
[/quote]
Ummmm who exactly did ozen beat that was worth anything? Humble? Nederland? Being from ozen I doubt it'll happen but it definitely needs to point blank
[/quote]
You do know that Humble was ranked#9 in all classifications (including private schools) by RCS Sports, right? Nederland (say what you will) won 29 games this year. Just bc Nederland is not considered to be 'athletic' doesn't mean they aren't good. Anyway, Ozen (according to those in 'the know') was not very talented this year. Clearly no D1 players like Ozen is accustomed to in the past. So to make it this far says SOMETHING positive about Coach Saveat. Y'all got spoiled during those 10 years or so with a good coach and TONS of talent. Y'all have obviously forgotten the years before Ozen existed that Beaumont schools were not making yearly trips to Austin.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1191029" timestamp="1330742449"]
Four low-mid major division I players and one NBA player in 15 years is not HARDLY tons of talent....  ::)...
[/quote]
NBA players don't grow on trees (last I checked)!  ;D
Plus, One of those D1's was an all-conference player (maybe even MVP of conference) for the Mountain West (not too shabby)!