Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Reg. Qtr. Thread/Ozen advances 52-44!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189728" timestamp="1330631044"]
There is a kid from Marshall who will be a factor around here for a while.  Nederland folks know him from tournament ball.  From what I've seen he is in the top 5 in Bmt for his age.  He had some eligibility issues this year, but won't in the future (or his dad might kill him!).

If the current crop of 8th graders decided together where to go (King kids, plus the Marshall kid, etc), it could get interesting.  If there was an obvious choice, i.e. an exceptional coach in the bunch, it would likely happen.  As it is now, who knows....

But I do know that there has been some plotting and planning going on among the kids...
[/quote] You sir have raised an interesting point that maybe some people have not grasped. Kids talk to each other and will follow to the same school with hopes of having a winning program. Yates, Wheatley, Bmt. Central, Bmt. Westbrook, etc.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And without naming names, I know of one of these Beaumont kids who may seriously consider Nederland if BISD stays as it is today as far as coaching.  The reason for that is Brian English.  Would rather stay put, but may not if there aren't changes...

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189739" timestamp="1330631781"]
And without naming names, [b]I know of one of these Beaumont kids who may seriously consider Nederland [/b] if BISD stays as it is today as far as coaching.  The reason for that is Brian English.  Would rather stay put, but may not if there aren't changes...
[/quote]
Never, not happening, no way, no how...period, end of that...thank you and enjoy your day! 8)

Look, I know the kid and his family, and I know their concerns.  They are real.  You're talking about a kid with options, lots of them.  A stud in hoops, an absolute freak in track, and if he put his mind to it could excel in football and soccer if you can believe that.  He is also in a family situation with options, up to and including moving if need be.

On this one, believe me I know.  They hope to stay put, but they might not. 

And mid-county is on the table..

And by the way, my sons are absolutely not Nederland kids, so this ain't my concern.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189751" timestamp="1330632234"]
Look, I know the kid and his family, and I know their concerns.  They are real.  You're talking about a kid with options, lots of them.  A stud in hoops, an absolute freak in track, and if he put his mind to it could excel in football and soccer if you can believe that.  He is also in a family situation with options, up to and including moving if need be.

And by the way, my sons are absolutely not Nederland kids, so this ain't my concern.
[/quote]
I believe you and I KNOW that this is the issue as it is with the others as well. This is why I said it will be a very interesting spring and summer as far as that goes.. ;)

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189751" timestamp="1330632234"]

[/quote]

Go ahead Dicky.  Tell this gentleman how, at the end of the day, you know more about that situation than he does.  Dying to see how this one pans out.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1189757" timestamp="1330632459"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=96858.msg1189751#msg1189751 date=1330632234]

[/quote]

Go ahead Dicky.  Tell this gentleman how, at the end of the day, you know more about that situation than he does.  Dying to see how this one pans out.
[/quote]
I have already spoken my piece...You're too late... ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1189760" timestamp="1330632543"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96858.msg1189757#msg1189757 date=1330632459]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you mean "peace", I understand.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1189762" timestamp="1330632605"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96858.msg1189760#msg1189760 date=1330632543]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96858.msg1189757#msg1189757 date=1330632459]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you mean "peace", I understand.
[/quote]
No, PIECE...as in a PIECE of my MIND!!  ;D ;D ;D

Bottom line is if you had one dominant basketball program in Beaumont ISD, sort of a "Yates Jr." if you will, there is a lot of talent coming up that could make things very interesting.

My bet is that the talent will continue to be spread out among the 3 schools.  So you'll see good basketball, but not great.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189770" timestamp="1330632757"]
Bottom line is if you had one dominant basketball program in Beaumont ISD, sort of a "Yates Jr." if you will, there is a lot of talent coming up that could make things very interesting.

My bet is that the talent will continue to be spread out among the 3 schools.  So you'll see good basketball, but not great.
[/quote]
It's funny you say, Yates, Jr......very coincidental, huh, stevenash? 8)...

[quote name="Pumper" post="1189728" timestamp="1330631044"]
There is a kid from Marshall who will be a factor around here for a while.  Nederland folks know him from tournament ball.  From what I've seen he is in the top 5 in Bmt for his age.  He had some eligibility issues this year, but won't in the future (or his dad might kill him!).

If the current crop of 8th graders decided together where to go (King kids, plus the Marshall kid, etc), it could get interesting.  If there was an obvious choice, i.e. an exceptional coach in the bunch, it would likely happen.  As it is now, who knows....

But I do know that there has been some plotting and planning going on among the kids...
[/quote]It's really strange that I've seen Marshal MS play last year and this year in Basketball and I've havn't seen a standout kid at all.  Maybe I overlooked him?  I don't know.  Also, it would seem that there would have been some buzz about him by now.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1189815" timestamp="1330635964"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=96858.msg1189728#msg1189728 date=1330631044]

[/quote]It's really strange that I've seen Marshal MS play last year and this year in Basketball and I've havn't seen a standout kid at all.  Maybe I overlooked him?  I don't know.  Also, it would seem that there would have been some buzz about him by now.
[/quote]
grade casualty, I think...

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1189992" timestamp="1330651042"]
Bouttee's Son Anthony is coaching now(PA Memorial) they better get him to Ozen thats about their only hope to become state title contenders again
[/quote]
Serious question...do you think they would really consider replacing a coach who took the number 3 seed to the regional tourney??

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1190161" timestamp="1330661761"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96858.msg1189992#msg1189992 date=1330651042]
Bouttee's Son Anthony is coaching now(PA Memorial) they better get him to Ozen thats about their only hope to become state title contenders again
[/quote]
Serious question...do you think they would really consider replacing a coach who took the number 3 seed to the regional tourney??
[/quote]
No way....

Some one don't know much about nothing,what kind of sense would that make, to put some one in a head coach position that have never been their, not to mention replacing the only coach still playing in 20-4a ,and Beaumont for that matter, and heading to the regional tournament.Give it a rest, coach Saveat has done a good job with this team ,weather you like his coaching style or not.

The Marshall kid who is one of the best in BMT for his age missed more than half the season this year due to grade issues.  Really unlike the kid, and it was just not taking care of business.  Doubt if it will continue to be a problem. 

Plays AAU with a Lake Charles team, and played some last summer with a Nederland team.  Other than maybe Pearson at King, I don't know of any other 8th grader in the area who is better than him.  Maybe some equals, but not better. 

[quote name="rc2182" post="1190182" timestamp="1330663575"]
Some one don't know much about nothing,what kind of sense would that make, to put some one in a head coach position that have never been their, not to mention replacing the only coach still playing in 20-4a ,and Beaumont for that matter, and heading to the regional tournament.Give it a rest, coach Saveat has done a good job with this team ,weather you like his coaching style or not.
[/quote]I agree! Interesting, I don't think many of us gave this team much of chance this year but they have passed most expectations. Can you imagine the expectations for next year? 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1190244" timestamp="1330696641"]
[quote author=rc2182 link=topic=96858.msg1190182#msg1190182 date=1330663575]
[/quote]I agree! Interesting, I don't think many of us gave this team much of chance this year but they have passed most expectations. Can you imagine the expectations for next year?
[/quote]

Dove- With Yates out of the picture, go ahead and make your official prediction of a State Title for the Panthers next year.

LOL! Can't! Too many variables involved in this 4-A stuff and I don't know the teams well enough. In 3-A, You basically know what schools the kids are going to attend. You see 3-A kids from elementary, middle, and on to high school. You know their strengths and weaknesses.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1190244" timestamp="1330696641"]
[/quote]I agree! Interesting, I don't think [b]many of us gave this team much of chance this year[/b] but they have passed most expectations. Can you imagine the expectations for next year?
[/quote]
After Ned beat Ozen earlier in district, I commented on here that Ozen is better than Central, and that Ozen scared me. Not many people agreed with me. I also said that they will beat Central (the following week), and they did. Some of US knew!  ;)
After scouting Humble, Coach English predicted that Ozen would beat them.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1190281" timestamp="1330699456"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96858.msg1190244#msg1190244 date=1330696641]
[/quote]I agree! Interesting, I don't think [b]many of us gave this team much of chance this year[/b] but they have passed most expectations. Can you imagine the expectations for next year?
[/quote]
After Ned beat Ozen earlier in district, I commented on here that [b]Ozen is better than Central,[/b] and that Ozen scared me. Not many people agreed with me. I also said that they will beat Central (the following week), and they did. Some of US knew!  ;)
After scouting Humble, Coach English predicted that Ozen would beat them.
[/quote]Is this because Ozen is the last team standing and beat us in the last meeting....  In OVERTIME?  Remember, we are 3-1 vs. Ozen this year.