Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Reg. Qtr. Thread/Ozen advances 52-44!

WOSgrad

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1188587" timestamp="1330521593"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96858.msg1188583#msg1188583 date=1330521469]
Wait....is that crickets I am hearing this morning? It's awfully quiet on  THIS particular thread now that order has been somewhat restored in District 20-4A... ::)
[/quote]Here you go.  ;D ;D
[/quote]lOL!

But boy if they would have won.... ::)...You would have seen 352 posts from NB-Dawg, baddog, Snoop Doggy Dogg and every other dog out there on this site!! It is just so QUIET on here this morning...maybe they are still sleeping...Reality tends to make you wanna just sleep it off sometimes... ::)...I get it now! ;D 8)

Got a big day ahead of me. My son is enlisting in the Navy....being sworn in tomorrow. Going to Houston to spend our last night with him. I can still find time to talk to my favorite people though.

Ozen came to play last night and Nederland stayed in range but couldn't pull it off. Congrats on a great win over a quality team.

Good job Bulldogs! You never backed down last night. I agree, this will be a very exciting team to watch next year as they develop.  Another good run boys, we are proud of you guys.  I don't know why "some" insist on making meaningless rude comments on here knowing that we are not in the running anylonger.  Not that it was justified when we were still in it either, but irregardless, no way for mature adults to behave knowing most of these YOUNG players come on here and read what is being said about them and their fan base (which is their family, friends and community). I guess maturity is too much to ask on this forum.  Ozen...you played well and I wish you the best of luck against Jones.  Bring that "A" game with you Friday and all of us here in 20-4A will be pulling for you guys.  Until next year....

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1188598" timestamp="1330522850"]
Good job Bulldogs! You never backed down last night. I agree, this will be a very exciting team to watch next year as they develop.  Another good run boys, we are proud of you guys.  I don't know why "some" insist on making meaningless rude comments on here knowing that we are not in the running anylonger.  Not that it was justified when we were still in it either, but irregardless, no way for mature adults to behave knowing most of these YOUNG players come on here and read what is being said about them and their fan base (which is their family, friends and community). I guess maturity is too much to ask on this forum.  Ozen...you played well and I wish you the best of luck against Jones.  Bring that "A" game with you Friday and all of us here in 20-4A will be pulling for you guys.  Until next year....
[/quote]And Ozen with all those soph. coming back next season...wow! Central with  those frosh and soph coming back.

Nice post Dogs1988.

As I posted in another thread, it's tough enough to face a team twice in a season and win both, and much more difficult to face them 3 times and win.

Congratulations to Nederland on another great season and run in the playoffs.
Congratulations to Ozen on the win and keep working and improving.
The playoffs is where you want to get hot and play your best ball.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1188598" timestamp="1330522850"]
[/quote]
It is apparent to me that either you are not an effective reader, or just failed to read what has been said on here for weeks regarding your favorite team by your fanbase...I was not shooting at the kids, I was merely having fun with the other adults from your town...As a matter of fact I posted on "Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen" thread that SPECIFICALLY speak to the kids that may read it...Either brush up on your reading skills, sir, or try reading it more slowly.  Either way you should see that I had great things to say about your beloved Nederland program...everything else was all in good clean fun.....Have a great day.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188660" timestamp="1330526048"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=96858.msg1188598#msg1188598 date=1330522850]
Good job Bulldogs! You never backed down last night. I agree, this will be a very exciting team to watch next year as they develop.  Another good run boys, we are proud of you guys.  I don't know why "some" insist on making meaningless rude comments on here knowing that we are not in the running anylonger.  Not that it was justified when we were still in it either, but irregardless, no way for mature adults to behave knowing most of these YOUNG players come on here and read what is being said about them and their fan base (which is their family, friends and community). I guess maturity is too much to ask on this forum.  Ozen...you played well and I wish you the best of luck against Jones.  Bring that "A" game with you Friday and all of us here in 20-4A will be pulling for you guys. 
Until next year....
[/quote]
It is apparent to me that either you are not an effective reader, or just failed to read what has been said on here for weeks regarding your favorite team by your fanbase...I was not shooting at the kids, I was merely having fun with the other adults from your town...As a matter of fact I posted on "Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen" thread that SPECIFICALLY speak to the kids that may read it...Either brush up on your reading skills, sir, or try reading it more slowly.  Either
way you should see that I had great things to say about your beloved Nederland program...everything else was all in good clean fun.....Have a great day.
[/quote]
Yes, woke up late, and had responsibilities this morning. Not sure what you want me/us to say though. I've already said congrats to Ozen and wished them well for the rest of the season.

In regards to your ONE nice post out of 940, do u expect us to merely 'forget' all the negative comments you made towards our team AND community? I don't care where U live and where ur kids go to school, U still have ZERO respect for our team and our fans, and our community. Although you say it, I'm not even convinced you have respect for Coach English as you claim. That is MY opinion, and I'm entitled to it. You can call me a liar, you can try to correct me, and you can even tell someone to go kill themselves, yet you think your comments are harmless? U took plenty of shots on our kids/team. P-lease.

At least 5 different people have called you out over the past 2 days, het you claim it's 'all in fun'. There is a thing called boundaries, and it's time you learn how not to cross them. Gonna take more than one 'nice/sarcastic' comment for us to forget about your arrogance.

Again, I (and many others) have said congrats and good luck next round, yet your arrogance continues. Move on to the next game like everyone else who won last night. Go find a way to bring the Houston Jones' fans out (with all of your connections), and tell them (on this board) how Ur team is gonna slap them around on Friday night. Make sure you remind them of how dumb and ignorant they are as well.
Good day sir, and good luck to Ur Panthers in Katy.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1188684" timestamp="1330527118"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96858.msg1188660#msg1188660 date=1330526048]
Good job Bulldogs! You never backed down last night. I agree, this will be a very exciting team to watch next year as they develop.  Another good run boys, we are proud of you guys.  I don't know why "some" insist on making meaningless rude comments on here knowing that we are not in the running anylonger.  Not that it was justified when we were still in it either, but irregardless, no way for mature adults to behave knowing most of these YOUNG players come on here and read what is being said about them and their fan base (which is their family, friends and community). I guess maturity is too much to ask on this forum.  Ozen...you played well and I wish you the best of luck against Jones.  Bring that "A" game with you Friday and all of us here in 20-4A will be pulling for you guys. 
Until next year....
[/quote]
It is apparent to me that either you are not an effective reader, or just failed to read what has been said on here for weeks regarding your favorite team by your fanbase...I was not shooting at the kids, I was merely having fun with the other adults from your town...As a matter of fact I posted on "Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen" thread that SPECIFICALLY speak to the kids that may read it...Either brush up on your reading skills, sir, or try reading it more slowly.  Either
way you should see that I had great things to say about your beloved Nederland program...everything else was all in good clean fun.....Have a great day.
[/quote]
Yes, woke up late, and had responsibilities this morning. Not sure what you want me/us to say though. I've already said congrats to Ozen and wished them well for the rest of the season.

In regards to your ONE nice post out of 940, do u expect us to merely 'forget' all the negative comments you made towards our team AND community? I don't care where U live and where ur kids go to school, U still have ZERO respect for our team and our fans, and our community. Although you say it, I'm not even convinced you have respect for Coach English as you claim. That is MY opinion, and I'm entitled to it. You can call me a liar, you can try to correct me, and you can even tell someone to go kill themselves, yet you think your comments are harmless? U took plenty of shots on our kids/team. P-lease.

At least 5 different people have called you out over the past 2 days, het you claim it's 'all in fun'. There is a thing called boundaries, and it's time you learn how not to cross them. Gonna take more than one 'nice/sarcastic' comment for us to forget about your arrogance.

Again, I (and many others) have said congrats and good luck next round, yet your arrogance continues. Move on to the next game like everyone else who won last night. Go find a way to bring the Houston Jones' fans out (with all of your connections), and tell them (on this board) how Ur team is gonna slap them around on Friday night. Make sure you remind them of how dumb and ignorant they are as well.
Good day sir, and good luck to Ur Panthers in Katy.
[/quote]
Somebody is mad about getting their butt handed to them last night... ::) ::)...Say what you will, I was 100% correct and you can't STAND it...You guys wanna come on here in the name of "being proud" of your community, BRAGGING about being CO-Champs...CO-Champs? yet when what I say comes to pass, I am being arrogant? Please...I saw it...I called it...BOTH times...get out of your feelings for a minute and get over yourselves...YOUR WHOLE FANBASE WHINED the ENTIRE game! Your fans WHINED about not being picked to be the darn favorite...WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE? Really? You pull for your team...wonderful..but don't get upset when everyone does not agree with you...I thought Nederland would beat Dayton, and I said so...I thought they would beat Magnolia, and I SAID SO AS WELL...I thought they would get BEAT by Ozen...AND I SAID THAT TOO. THEN, after all of that I MAKE A THREAD CONGRATULATING the team and coach for an OUTSTANDING YEAR...Then you say thats not enough? Get over yourself...please.

Dicky- Have you considered the idea that the gentleman feels that one congratulatory comment( appearing to be only because the outcome was the one you projected) sandwiched between a gazillion condescending quotes may be a little out of balance?  By the way, I never heard you say much after the results came in on your Yates-Wheatley prediction.  In fact, those very same crickets seemed to be around.

Stevenash, I was REALLY just going against the grain, because of the situation they had been put in...HONEST..I knew they were the ONLY team with a half of a shot to win, but without their head coach, and all of the turmoil, I KNEW what was going to happen...I really did...it wasn't a hard pick, I just threw that out there...They can say what they want, but I was reall BEING A GOOD SPORT about last night, and congratulating their team on a good year...NO matter how they try to say I talked about them, I MEANT what I posted last night...I didn't run in anybody's face or taunt them last night, because I knew they were feeling bad...Why rub it in? But they certainly TRIED to stab ME this morning...Wonder why I dig at them so bad? I think they WANT me to!  ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188660" timestamp="1330526048"]
[/quote]
It is apparent to me that either [glow=red,2,300]you are not an effective reader[/glow], or just failed to read what has been said on here for weeks regarding your favorite team by your fanbase...I was not shooting at the kids, I was merely having fun with the other adults from your town...As a matter of fact I posted on "Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen" thread that SPECIFICALLY speak to the kids that may read it...[glow=red,2,300]Either brush up on your reading skills, sir, or try reading it more slowly.[/glow]  Either way you should see that I had great things to say about [glow=red,2,300]your beloved Nederland program[/glow]...everything else was all in good clean fun.....Have a great day.
[/quote]

I find it very interesting, Sir, that I referred to "SOME" posters, I NEVER said "DICK VITALE". My reference was in "GENERAL" to posters comments.  Further more, It is my opinion, which I am in full right to have, like everyone else on this forum, you included. I think it is interesting that you took offense to it and responded by demeaning my reading skills and insinuating that I read more slowly so that I may be able to grasp understanding.  I made NO personal attack against you so why are you so offended and responding to me with such a defensive nature? That is the difference between you and me, Sir, I can post my opinions without  personal attack, and blatened rudeness and I do my best to exercise good sportsmanship whereas your can not. Ironic that you want to call out a fanbase for supporting their team by saying I should read up on what our fanbase was saying for the weeks prior when any negative that came from the fanbase  was in response to your antaginizing nature. There is a reason for your bad karma count.  You stirred the hornets nest for weeks in a very negative and unsportsmanlike way, and yet our team is now out of the running and you are still not satisfied.  One nice post of congratulations does not mean anything after you displayed your true nature, it was more like a congrats for losing. Show some respect please, we have a young program in place that is growing and improving every year, you bet the Nederland Fans like what they are seeing.  As this program grows to the next level, so will our fanbase.  You can't possibly find fault with supporting your team.  By the way, with as much time as you spend on Nederland threads, how do you manage to make the time to support your own team (Yates)? By the way, who finds it fun being attacked all the time, unless of course, you are the attacker, right?

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1188716" timestamp="1330529211"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96858.msg1188660#msg1188660 date=1330526048]
[/quote]
It is apparent to me that either [glow=red,2,300]you are not an effective reader[/glow], or just failed to read what has been said on here for weeks regarding your favorite team by your fanbase...I was not shooting at the kids, I was merely having fun with the other adults from your town...As a matter of fact I posted on "Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen" thread that SPECIFICALLY speak to the kids that may read it...[glow=red,2,300]Either brush up on your reading skills, sir, or try reading it more slowly.[/glow]  Either way you should see that I had great things to say about [glow=red,2,300]your beloved Nederland program[/glow]...everything else was all in good clean fun.....Have a great day.
[/quote]

I find it very interesting, Sir, that I referred to "SOME" posters, I NEVER said "DICK VITALE". My reference was in "GENERAL" to posters comments.  Further more, It is my opinion, which I am in full right to have, like everyone else on this forum, you included. I think it is interesting that you took offense to it and responded by demeaning my reading skills and insinuating that I read more slowly so that I may be able to grasp understanding.  I made NO personal attack against you so why are you so offended and responding to me with such a defensive nature? That is the difference between you and me, Sir, I can post my opinions without  personal attack, and blatened rudeness and I do my best to exercise good sportsmanship whereas your can not. Ironic that you want to call out a fanbase for supporting their team by saying I should read up on what our fanbase was saying for the weeks prior when any negative that came from the fanbase  was in response to your antaginizing nature. There is a reason for your bad karma count.  You stirred the hornets nest for weeks in a very negative and unsportsmanlike way, and yet our team is now out of the running and you are still not satisfied.  One nice post of congratulations does not mean anything after you displayed your true nature, it was more like a congrats for losing. Show some respect please, we have a young program in place that is growing and improving every year, you bet the Nederland Fans like what they are seeing.  As this program grows to the next level, so will our fanbase.  You can't possibly find fault with supporting your team.  By the way, with as much time as you spend on Nederland threads, how do you manage to make the time to support your own team (Yates)? By the way, who finds it fun being attacked all the time, unless of course, you are the attacker, right?
[/quote]
I suggest that in the future you put an "address" to your comments, then...You can say what you like, but unlike MOST of you, I say what I mean, and I mean what I say...I congratulated your team on a great year last night, and I meant that.  I said they were not as talented as the other BISD schools 4A teams, and I meant that...and for THAT reason, I said that Coach English has done a heck of a coaching job this season, and I meant that too.  If you read the past threads, I don't comment until I am mentioned or someone ASKS me to respond....The future of the Nederland basketball program IS bright, and I mean that too.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188707" timestamp="1330528796"]
Stevenash, I was REALLY just going against the grain, because of the situation they had been put in...HONEST..I knew they were the ONLY team with a half of a shot to win, but without their head coach, and all of the turmoil, I KNEW what was going to happen...I really did...it wasn't a hard pick, I just threw that out there...They can say what they want, but I was reall BEING A GOOD SPORT about last night, and congratulating their team on a good year...NO matter how they try to say I talked about them, I MEANT what I posted last night...I didn't run in anybody's face or taunt them last night, because I knew they were feeling bad...Why rub it in? But they certainly TRIED to stab ME this morning...Wonder why I dig at them so bad? I think they WANT me to!  ;)
[/quote]

If you believe your final sentence, why dont you get the "ultimate revenge" and not do what you think they want you to do?

To the players from both Nederland and Ozen who may be reading this thread. THANK YOU for a outstanding season. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to your game and school. Be proud of the seasons accomplishments. Thank you to the Senior's and good luck in your future.
Thought you would appreciate reading something POSITIVE instead of all the trash talk you have been reading.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1188776" timestamp="1330532711"]
To the players from both Nederland and Ozen who may be reading this thread. THANK YOU for a outstanding season. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to your game and school. Be proud of the seasons accomplishments. Thank you to the Senior's and good luck in your future.
[b]Thought you would appreciate reading something POSITIVE instead of all the trash talk you have been reading.[/b][/quote]

Yeah especially the one with me saying the EXACT same thing that THIS guy said... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188779" timestamp="1330532829"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=96858.msg1188776#msg1188776 date=1330532711]
[b]Thought you would appreciate reading something POSITIVE instead of all the trash talk you have been reading.[/b][/quote]

Yeah especially the one with me saying the EXACT same thing that THIS guy said... ::)
[/quote]
Just like Sleepy observed ( and many others). U bring it back to u, WOW!!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1188783" timestamp="1330533114"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96858.msg1188779#msg1188779 date=1330532829]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=96858.msg1188776#msg1188776 date=1330532711]

[/quote]
Just like Sleepy observed ( and many others). U bring it back to u, WOW!!
[/quote]
This is what you are not getting....IT WAS MY POINT...I said the SAME thing, yet it was deemed "trash talk"...How is that bringing it back to ME? ??? ???