Taylor turned down Hardin Job Offer

Quote from: Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck! on Today at 11:43:38 AM

Understood about being a HC/AD!! Question: Would you leave to make less or just say the same amount of money just to become a HC (with all that headache it brings) when your coaching a LaPorte team that has a good chance to compete for a State Title and come to Hardin which will have a hard time winning 2 district games? I sure would think long and hard about that & if its less money the answer is NO for me atleast. I dont think there is a coach in SETX that would leave a school to make less just to have a title of being a HC! With all that said i do think Hardin will get the money right and I wish Taylor the best of luck but money in this day in age is a driving force you would be crazy to think different.

I would take the HC job for less money.
(I seriously doubt this job would be less money.)

Guess I was RIGHT GCM Pats. Like the old saying goes Money Talks.......

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck!" post="1187610" timestamp="1330453385"]
Dont need a link just trust me friend.
[/quote]

I just want to see where he turned it down beacuse of the money.

Re: HARDIN TO ANNOUNCE NEW HEAD COACH TONIGHT!

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:55:50 AM »

Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor was chosen BUT just because the board picked you doesnt mean that Taylor will accept this job because now comes the meat & potatoe part MONEY!!!!! He could possibly look at the offer and say thanks but no-thanks!!!!! If he does accept Hardin's offer congrats to him & wish the Hornents well but he wouldnt be my first pick that 4sure!!!!!!!!!

Just what I said on this subject this morning!!!!!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck!" post="1187616" timestamp="1330454051"]
Y else would you turn it down?
[/quote]

Another offer, found out something he might not have known, there are numerous reasons.

Not sure why you would apply in the first place. Salary is usualy not a secret. If it's true, it will make his next interview a little more difficult.

If you've never been a HC/AD I would think you take opportunities when you can.About working for less,that falls in line w/the bulk of the working population these days.If you do well in your 1st hire @ the next level $$$$$$$$$$only follows.Maybe the move would benefit if you have kids to attend school and get a education in the country atmosphere over metro areas.There's alot of reasons but I hope whoever lands the job has success 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1187659" timestamp="1330456777"]
If you've never been a HC/AD I would think you take opportunities when you can.About working for less,that falls in line w/the bulk of the working population these days.If you do well in your 1st hire @ the next level $$$$$$$$$$only follows.Maybe the move would benefit if you have kids to attend school and get a education in the country atmosphere over metro areas.There's alot of reasons but I hope whoever lands the job has success 8)
[/quote]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will follow also if you win a state championship as the OC too!

Guest UHCoog14
Position:  Head Coach/Athletic Director

Assignment:  Level

· Secondary

Area (required)

· Athletics/Physical Education

Core Subjects (preferred)

· Math

· Science

· English Language Arts

· Social Studies

· Business/CTE

Campus Description:

Hardin ISD is a Class AA school district established in 1941 maintaining a family atmosphere dedicated to bringing together students from a large geographical area.  With district boundaries from the city limits of Liberty, north to the Polk County line and east to west from the Trinity to the Hardin County line, the district focus is tying academics and athletics collaboratively to produce citizens who can think productively and cooperatively to achieve all aspirations. High School enrollment is approximately 350 students in grades 9-12; Jr. High enrollment of approximately 200 in grades 7-8 with an overall District enrollment of 1225 students. 

Date Posted:  January 24, 2012

Deadline:  February 7, 2012

Description/Notes:

Hardin ISD is seeking a dedicated and energetic leader willing to supervise and manage the overall program of extracurricular athletics with a focus on program development to support long term growth and advancement to the maximum benefit of all students.

Qualifications:
Minimum B.S. Degree and Teaching Certification meeting NCLB Highly Qualified standards in a teaching field such as Mathematics, Social Studies, English Language Arts, Science or Business.  Master's Degree from accredited college or university preferred; Knowledge and compliance of all local, state and UIL policies along with the ability to demonstrate skilled communication and public relations paired with an enthusiasm to motivate students to successful participation.   

Salary Range:   
[size=14pt][b]Negotiable; 11 month contract [/b] [/size]
How To Apply:

Send letter of interest, resume, application and copies of teaching certification to:

Bob Parker-Superintendent of Schools

P. O. Box 330

Hardin, Texas 77561

Or email to:

[email protected] 

Well when the previous guy was making 80+ and than you bring in someone, and give him the Job without talking money first.... This stuff can happen.... People have families, to move and houses to sell... And than you basically offer maybe two more thousand (mid 60's) than what they are already making.... Hardin seems to have made that decision real easy..... It seems to me as if they aren't to worried about winning......

Exactly LP64!!! Everbody on here is about the JOB TITLE of being a HC/AD and its hard to eat a job title!!!! I think the Hardin's process is and was crazy the candidates (the top three or four whatever it was) shouldve been told the salary first and this wouldve eliminated some of the applicants and they wouldve been in this issue that they r in!! Sounds if Hardin needs to up the ante up r hire them a bus driver!!!

You should listen to 99.9 in the mornings at 7 A.M. they give updates on this every morning. I didn't catch it all this morning but someone turned the job down... Didn't hear who.

[quote name="LP64" post="1187753" timestamp="1330466837"]
Well when the previous guy was making 80+ and than you bring in someone, and give him the Job without talking money first.... This stuff can happen.... People have families, to move and houses to sell... And than you basically offer maybe two more thousand (mid 60's) than what they are already making.... Hardin seems to have made that decision real easy..... It seems to me as if they aren't to worried about winning......
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Coach!

[quote name="LP6" post="1187632" timestamp="1330455067"]
[quote author=Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck! link=topic=96767.msg1187627#msg1187627 date=1330454710]
Thats the final stage bud it was Money just trust me!!!
[/quote]
Is it official that he declined it?
[/quote]

maybe he wants to apply for the HF job?

Just heard on 99.9 that 2 coaches were offered the job and turned it down. the district will be going through applications haynes will be retiring at the end of the year but still wants to coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder