Beaumont Ozen vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/BH wins 66-39!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Lazeek...You just think had that been Hardin Jefferson, you would not like this ONE BIT...That TRULY should have been addressed WHEN IT HAPPENED...Todd would NEVER allow any player of his to hold up a sign that TAUNTS the other team during the game! Come on, man! You have GOT to see what I see here, Lazeek!...If the Ozen girls had done it I would have felt THE SAME WAY! If the Houston Chronicle saw it, I am sure ONE member of the coaching staff did too....That is CLASSLESS, Lazeek, and if you think about it, I am sure you would agree.

[quote name="RIP09" post="1186537" timestamp="1330349452"]
So was it classless for the Ozen players to be talking trash to some of the BH fans the night before during the game against Clear Falls? Talking about how BH was next? Maybe but obviously not very smart. Or is it classless to walk off the court before the winning team is announced after the game? I think that's more classless myself but would have never mentioned it before you 2 idiots spoke up. Teenagers don't always make good decisions but you can't always control what they do. Don't get on here bashing the BH girls when you don't know them and you obviously don't pay attention to what your own girls are doing. It amazes me that people will turn their heads to what their own kids are doing but bash someone else for doing something similar. I don't like any of the trash talking myself but if your gonna talk it you better expect a little in return!
[/quote]

First of all, I would EXPECT this from rabid fans that are excited about their team's victory, but for a PLAYER ON THE BENCH TO DO IT? Totally unacceptable..NO DISCIPLINE...Our guys at Ozen were instructed by us during the final seconds of the state title game in 2001 that when the buzzer goes off, we shake their hands, and celebrate in locker room...NO DOG PILES, or any other extreme forms of celebration...YES, there were high fives, hugs, and fist pumps on the floor..they were happy...But we were going to ensure that they showed CLASS at all times..DISCIPLINE...After we won the regional final that year (by 20) we instructed them to act like they had been there before, and shake hands, accept the trophy and head to the locker room...THATS what winners do...Taunting is NOT THE THING TO DO! And for it to be CAUGHT on camera, is just despicable! Good Luck in Austin, BH...Karma is REAL... >:(

[quote name="RIP09" post="1186537" timestamp="1330349452"]
So was it classless for the Ozen players to be talking trash to some of the BH fans the night before during the game against Clear Falls? Talking about how BH was next? Maybe but obviously not very smart. Or is it classless to walk off the court before the winning team is announced after the game? I think that's more classless myself but would have never mentioned it before you 2 idiots spoke up. Teenagers don't always make good decisions but you can't always control what they do. Don't get on here bashing the BH girls when you don't know them and you obviously don't pay attention to what your own girls are doing. It amazes me that people will turn their heads to what their own kids are doing but bash someone else for doing something similar. I don't like any of the trash talking myself but if your gonna talk it you better expect a little in return!
[/quote]

Thanks RIP...I knew all about this (HEARD the comments myself from the Ozen players the night before) and also that they walked off the floor during the trophy presentation, and at least two unnamed players would not shake hands, and a coach told our players in during handshake "ya'll aint gonna win nothin at state", and the completey inappropriate, moronic behavior of the assistant coach during games going all the way back to FALL LEAGUE...

BUT...I chose to take high road and just give congratulations ... Thanks to DICK, now I feel the need to set the record fully straight and its no wonder that that our girls showed their emotions after the taunting from the night before...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186566" timestamp="1330351965"]
Thats just the truth of the matter...Kids need to be taught to do the right thing at all times...THIS was CLEARLY wrong, and is a true TEACHING moment...No excuses.
[/quote]

I think that most would agree it wasn't the thing to do and maybe the girls should have taken the higher road, but this could also be KARMA for the Ozen girls and how they conducted themselves off and on the court. This looks like the girls are getting back at Ozen for how they conducted themselves before the game to me  ;D If the BH girls were known for acting like this is would be differnent, but I bet you will find that these girls have not acted like this through out the season.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1186577" timestamp="1330352975"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=96667.msg1186537#msg1186537 date=1330349452]
[/quote]

Thanks RIP...I knew all about this (HEARD the comments myself from the Ozen players the night before) and also that they walked off the floor during the trophy presentation, and at least two unnamed players would not shake hands, and a coach told our players in during handshake "ya'll aint gonna win nothin at state", and the completey inappropriate, moronic behavior of the assistant coach during games going all the way back to FALL LEAGUE...

BUT...I chose to take high road and just give congratulations ... Thanks to DICK, now I feel the need to set the record fully straight and its no wonder that that our girls showed their emotions after the taunting from the night before...

[/quote]

I can see the NUTS do not fall far from the trees in Barbers Hill.... ::) ::)
I was NOT in attendance, so as far as what Ozen girls did, I don't know...If they DID taunt them, it was just as wrong...I SAW the BH girls holding up the signs...If it is not addressed, then shame on your community...If it is, kudos to you...Good luck in Austin. And remember, Karma is real..what goes around....will eventually come right back around...remember that...life lesson.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186495" timestamp="1330319511"]
[quote author=bh146 link=topic=96667.msg1186042#msg1186042 date=1330262673]
Here is a link to a few game photos by the Chronicle's Bob Levy.  Bob is one of the Houston area's best pro photographers.

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php[/url]

[/quote]
Saw the BH girls holding the dry erase boards saying "bye bye Ozen"....CLASSLESS....I hope they go to Austin and get BLASTED, so I can watch those same girls cry afterwards! THATS HORRIBLE! >:( >:(...I am SHOCKED that no one else has said anything about this classless act on here.....AWFUL SPORTSMANSHIP...I really hope that get blown out Thursday...
[/quote] I seriously doudt that will happen.

Hey DICK!!! Give it a rest! You abviously think pretty highly of yourself. It's also not a good thing to sit in judgement. What I can tell you and anyone else that is reading this thread, is this. I have witnessed the traveling Ozen circus. The "bow tie wearing" water boys, the actions of the assistant coach, the head coach coaching from the stands while the freshmen and jv are playing and so on.... The taunting during the games by the water boys that sit in the stands right behind the players bench amking fun of the opposing team's players. All the while, the head coach just looks back at them with amusement. So you want to talk about KARMA.....
I said earlier in the season that I was proud of the fact we (20 4-A) had the number 1 team in state. I would have been proud for them to win the whole thing. My girls have played select with some of the girls from Ozen. I agree that the signs were not a good idea. I'm sure the BH coach will address it. I didnt see any sign of poor sportsmanship we BH beat us in the first round. Good LUCK BH!

[quote name="LR2014" post="1186629" timestamp="1330355854"]
Hey DICK!!! Give it a rest! You abviously think pretty highly of yourself. It's also not a good thing to sit in judgement. What I can tell you and anyone else that is reading this thread, is this. I have witnessed the traveling Ozen circus. The "bow tie wearing" water boys, the actions of the assistant coach, the head coach coaching from the stands while the freshmen and jv are playing and so on.... The taunting during the games by the water boys that sit in the stands right behind the players bench amking fun of the opposing team's players. All the while, the head coach just looks back at them with amusement. So you want to talk about KARMA.....
I said earlier in the season that I was proud of the fact we (20 4-A) had the number 1 team in state. I would have been proud for them to win the whole thing. My girls have played select with some of the girls from Ozen. I agree that the signs were not a good idea. I'm sure the BH coach will address it. I didnt see any sign of poor sportsmanship we BH beat us in the first round. Good LUCK BH!
[/quote] Ba Boom!!!! Well said LR

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186495" timestamp="1330319511"]
Here is a link to a few game photos by the Chronicle's Bob Levy.  Bob is one of the Houston area's best pro photographers.

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php[/url]

[/quote]
Saw the BH girls holding the dry erase boards saying "bye bye Ozen"....CLASSLESS....I hope they go to Austin and get BLASTED, so I can watch those same girls cry afterwards! THATS HORRIBLE! >:( >:(...I am SHOCKED that no one else has said anything about this classless act on here.....AWFUL SPORTSMANSHIP...I really hope that get blown out Thursday...
[/quote]

Wow.....you got to be kidding....pleeeeeeeeeeeease....Maybe what you saw was a response to all the garbage from the day before....from players and parents...
Guess you missed all that.  :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186586" timestamp="1330353488"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=96667.msg1186577#msg1186577 date=1330352975]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=96667.msg1186537#msg1186537 date=1330349452]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see the NUTS do not fall far from the trees in Barbers Hill.... ::) ::)
I was NOT in attendance, so as far as what Ozen girls did, I don't know...If they DID taunt them, it was just as wrong...I SAW the BH girls holding up the signs...If it is not addressed, then shame on your community...If it is, kudos to you...Good luck in Austin. And remember, Karma is real..what goes around....will eventually come right back around...remember that...life lesson.
[/quote]

Mean ol Barbers Hill.....we get it.

[quote name="LR2014" post="1186629" timestamp="1330355854"]
[/quote]
Its obvious you're a kid in the Lumberton school system so I will excuse your lack of understanding...However, in your opening sentence you say that I must think pretty highly of myself, which had NOTHING to do with anything, then you say I am being "judgemental"....BUT you agree that the signs were not a good idea in the end of your rant... ??? ???...Note to LISD: get a hold of your students, and get them off of those computers and TEACH them...PLEASE.. ::)...Go back to class son, and out of that computer lab!! ;)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1186684" timestamp="1330359046"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96667.msg1186495#msg1186495 date=1330319511]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Wow.....you got to be kidding....pleeeeeeeeeeeease....Maybe what you saw was a response to all the garbage from the day before....from players and parents...
[/quote]
So the trend of thought in BH is this: If the other team does it to you, its OK to be classless and do it right back to them...Not that you did your talking on the floor, already by winning the game, which is how good teams and programs are supposed to respond...thats not enough...Is that right? Great role models in Barbers Hill... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186690" timestamp="1330359330"]
[quote author=LR2014 link=topic=96667.msg1186629#msg1186629 date=1330355854]
[/quote]
Its obvious you're a kid in the Lumberton school system so I will excuse your lack of understanding...However, in your opening sentence you say that I must think pretty highly of myself, which had NOTHING to do with anything, then you say I am being "judgemental"....BUT you agree that the signs were not a good idea in the end of your rant... ??? ???...Note to LISD: get a hold of your students, and get them off of those computers and TEACH them...PLEASE.. ::)...Go back to class son, and out of that computer lab!! ;)
[/quote]

No Dick. Not a student here. If you read my post , I stated that my girls(daughters) have played with girls from Ozen.
And yes, If I used the name of a well known college basketball analyst, one might get the impression that I thought highly of myself or expected people to respect my baskeball opinions.
I do get it. I simply gave you examples of what I have witnessed this season. 

[quote name="LR2014" post="1186700" timestamp="1330360505"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96667.msg1186690#msg1186690 date=1330359330]
[quote author=LR2014 link=topic=96667.msg1186629#msg1186629 date=1330355854]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No Dick. Not a student here. If you read my post , I stated that my girls(daughters) have played with girls from Ozen.
And yes, If I used the name of a well known college basketball analyst, one might get the impression that I thought highly of myself or expected people to respect my baskeball opinions.
I do get it. I simply gave you examples of what I have witnessed this season. 
[/quote]
OK...You're good, then!  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186693" timestamp="1330359835"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=96667.msg1186684#msg1186684 date=1330359046]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96667.msg1186495#msg1186495 date=1330319511]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
So the trend of thought in BH is this: If the other team does it to you, its OK to be classless and do it right back to them...Not that you did your talking on the floor, already by winning the game, which is how good teams and programs are supposed to respond...thats not enough...Is that right? Great role models in Barbers Hill... ::)
[/quote]

Yeah that's it.....whatever you say....

[quote name="baddog" post="1186712" timestamp="1330361240"]
Watch out.....dry eraser boards. Woooooooooooo. What could be next?..........banners in the rafters saying how a team is going to demolish you?  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Must have missed my post before this. That's also where Ozen thought they were going. BH had other plans.

Great win for the BH girls.

Wow! Are we sure that there are not ALOT of women or kids on this forum? Nothing against women or kids but they are the ones known to bicker and stay in their feelings. I liked the football thread so much more, there was plenty trash talking. I used to find the forums comical but some have gotten a little extreme. Some of you are probably saying so don't read them but not sure where I'll get some of my comic relief from.

Contrary to popular belief NO TEAM is perfect. There are some things said and done during every game but we on this forum keep it going even after the kids have walked off the field and court. I can't understand some thoughts of some people but heck who am I. Congrats BH on defeating the #1 state ranked team and good luck on your journey. Heck I'd prefer BH to win so that Ozen would have lost to the State Champions. Ozen move on and try it again next year.

[quote name="baddog" post="1186655" timestamp="1330356975"]
Maybe if they had run across the floor and attacked them with football helmets, then it could be written off as being caught up in the moment.
[/quote][b][/b]

Baddog, really....just because you have issues with Dickie V, must Ozen football players be brought into it? They have been tried and convicted and will be for years to come. Anything but good sportmanship displayed is bad for any team regardless of who they are. It was a very unfortunate event for all parties involved and Ozen will have to deal with that...don't allow Dickie V to get you all rattled up lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw