Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen wins 54-43!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176373" timestamp="1329005708"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=95812.msg1176368#msg1176368 date=1329004002]
Whether best district in the state or the worst, when being judged by teams in the same district, being tied for first place, and being referred as not good, I call foul.
[/quote]
You call foul, I call fact...You are a Nederland fan, and supposed to feel that your team is the best...That is OK...I know better...They are tied for first place in arguably the WORST 4A district in region 3 this season...If
you guys are happy with that, be happy...You cannot dispute that the district is as bad as it has ever been...You guys wanna call 21-3A "top heavy" but the fact is, the top teams in that district are better than any in 20-4A, TODAY....SAD.....Better TEAMS...I did not say MORE TALENTED, or even more athletic....Better TEAMS. Nederland won 29 straight over roughly a 2 and a half year period...great achievement considering where that school usually is in boys basketball...Build on that...However, they are NOT THAT GOOD...and yes, they peaked way too early, as teams sometimes do. Thats no knock on Nederland...its just what it is.
[/quote]
DV-Why don't you go somewhere else and try to demoralize some other people other than District 20-4A? Nobody is forcing you to follow anyone around here. If you don't like the bball you're watching, then drive to Houston and watch better teams. BTW-How relevant has Madison been in bball the last 10 years? Ya, that's what i thought!  :o
Who cares if YOU think this district is 'down' this year, or the 'weakest'? The same exact thing was said last year about this district. Ned went to Regionals and Ozen came 2 points from making the trip. Not to mention Central and PNG almost won their 1st round games. It would not surprise me if 20-4A sweeps 19-4A this year in the 1st round. It COULD happen! You need to stop comparing EVERY team to your beloved 2001 Ozen National Champions. That is a once in a life time type of situation. IF you are comparing these teams to that team, then yes, it's a down year. But guess what? Not many team's are going to compete with those Ozen years. All of these kids practice and play hard. Stop trying to bring them down, they are just kids. Just bc Ozen is the 3rd, maybe 4th best team in Beaumont, you have to run out and talk down to people to make yourself feel better.
And as far as your comment about you being the same person on the forum that you are in person? Give me a break!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176376" timestamp="1329006341"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1176374#msg1176374 date=1329005771]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95812.msg1176343#msg1176343 date=1328999618]
This is what I'm gathering.  Nederland is a good team and have proven so this year, but they peaed early, whereas teams like Central and Ozen peaked later on, when it counts.  Blame it on coaching or talent or whatever, but Ozen and Central  has the advantage here as you WANT
momentum going into the playoffs.  Nederland NEEDS a big win vs. LC-M and against us to get their confidence back.
[/quote]
I agree with some of your statement, but didn't Ozen just lose to Livingston the other night? I wouldn't call winning one game a lot of momentum??  ??? Bad Dog makes a great point. Nederland is still in 1st place, yet still not considered all that good. Nederland is as good as they were two weeks ago, they just missed opportunities last night. That game could easily have gone in Ned's favor, just like the 1st meeting between
these 2 schools could have gone in Ozen's favor. Ozen had something to prove last night, and they did. Let's give credit to Ozen on beating a good team instead of trying to create a false perception. Any given night, a good team can lose a game. Just bc you lose a game or two doesn't mean that you are suddenly not good any more. HJ shot horribly from the FT line a few weeks ago and lost to Silsbee. Silsbee, who is
considered a good team, won the game. If Ozen shoots that same FT percentage last night, Nederland wins that game. Perception people, perception. Nederland is still in 1st place.  8)
[/quote]
Yes Nederland is still in 1st place...in an AWFUL district...BUT, they have to line up and play who is on the schedule, and I get that.  Crosby is in 1st place in their district too..so is Yates...how does Nederland compare to those district front runners? They don't...Yates beats Nederland by 30+ and you know it...Heck, Ozen too, THESE days!! Look, I am not being a downer on Nederland...I just know what I know....and I know that 20-4A is terrible.
[/quote]
Get a Life! Just like 5-on-5 said: you came on here 3 weeks ago and asked to come back on this board, promising to bring a positive influence. You have done none of that! All you want to do is toot your own horn and praise yourself. And all you have done is demoralize everyone from Vidor, Ozen, Anahuac, PNG, Lumberton, Nederland, HJ, HF, basically everyone. Hey, at least you don't discriminate!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176379" timestamp="1329006664"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176373#msg1176373 date=1329005708]
Whether best district in the state or the worst, when being judged by teams in the same district, being tied for first place, and being referred as not good, I call foul.
[/quote]
You call foul, I call fact...You are a Nederland fan, and supposed to feel that your team is the best...That is OK...I know better...They are tied for first place in arguably the WORST 4A district in region 3 this season...If
you guys are happy with that, be happy...You cannot dispute that the district is as bad as it has ever been...You guys wanna call 21-3A "top heavy" but the fact is, the top teams in that district are better than any in 20-4A, TODAY....SAD.....Better TEAMS...I did not say MORE TALENTED, or even more athletic....Better TEAMS. Nederland won 29 straight over roughly a 2 and a half year period...great achievement considering where that school usually is in boys basketball...Build on that...However, they are NOT THAT GOOD...and yes, they peaked way too early, as teams sometimes do. Thats no knock on Nederland...its just what it is.
[/quote]
DV-Why don't you go somewhere else and try to demoralize some other people other than District 20-4A? Nobody is forcing you to follow anyone around here. If you don't like the bball you're watching, then drive to Houston and watch better teams. BTW-How relevant has Madison been in bball the last 10 years? Ya, that's what i thought!  :o
Who cares if YOU think this district is 'down' this year, or the 'weakest'? The same exact thing was said last year about this district, and Ned went to Regionals and Ozen came 2 points from making the trip. Not to mention Central and PNG almost won their 1st round games. It would not surprise me if 20-4A sweeps 19-4A this year in the 1st round. It COULD happen! You need to stop comparing EVERY team to your beloved 2001 Ozen National Champions. That is a once in a life time type of situation. IF you are comparing these teams to that team, then yes, it's a down year. But guess what? Not many team's are going to compete with those Ozen years. All of these kids practice and play hard. Stop trying to bring them down, they are just kids. Just bc Ozen is the 3rd, maybe 4th best team in Beaumont, you have to run out and talk down to people to make yourself feel better.
And as far as your comment about you being the same person on the forum that you are in person? Give me a break!

[/quote]
Make ME feel better? WHY? Makes no sense...Who am I talking down to? I am giving my opinion on district 20-4A and where it stands, versus where it SHOULD be...It SHOULD be better, but we all know why its not right now..See you guys like people to get on here and talk about how good Nederland is, and what a great team they have...They are NOT THAT GOOD...Zach English can really play...Weisbrod is going to be really good too...THATS IT...Their head coach is getting them to respectable status and thats all you can ask...You see them play all the time...You know the deal...Title town they are not...What the future holds, no one knows for sure...Give you a break? give ME a break!

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1176383#msg1176383 date=1329007180]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176376#msg1176376 date=1329006341]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95812.msg1176343#msg1176343 date=1328999618]
This is what I'm gathering.  Nederland is a good team and have proven so this year, but they peaed early, whereas teams like Central and Ozen peaked later on, when it counts.  Blame it on coaching or talent or whatever, but Ozen and Central  has the advantage here as you WANT
momentum going into the playoffs.  Nederland NEEDS a big win vs. LC-M and against us to get their confidence back.
[/quote]
I agree with some of your statement, but didn't Ozen just lose to Livingston the other night? I wouldn't call winning one game a lot of momentum??  ??? Bad Dog makes a great point. Nederland is still in 1st place, yet still not considered all that good. Nederland is as good as they were two weeks ago, they just missed opportunities last night. That game could easily have gone in Ned's favor, just like the 1st meeting between
these 2 schools could have gone in Ozen's favor. Ozen had something to prove last night, and they did. Let's give credit to Ozen on beating a good team instead of trying to create a false perception. Any given night, a good team can lose a game. Just bc you lose a game or two doesn't mean that you are suddenly not good any more. HJ shot horribly from the FT line a few weeks ago and lost to Silsbee. Silsbee, who is
considered a good team, won the game. If Ozen shoots that same FT percentage last night, Nederland wins that game. Perception people, perception. Nederland is still in 1st place.  8)
[/quote]
Yes Nederland is still in 1st place...in an AWFUL district...BUT, they have to line up and play who is on the schedule, and I get that.  Crosby is in 1st place in their district too..so is Yates...how does Nederland compare to those district front runners? They don't...Yates beats Nederland by 30+ and you know it...Heck, Ozen too, THESE days!! Look, I am not being a downer on Nederland...I just know what I know....and I know that 20-4A is terrible.
[/quote]
Get a Life! Just like 5-on-5 said: you came on here 3 weeks ago and asked to come back on this board, promising to bring a positive influence. You have done none of that! All you want to do is toot your own horn and praise yourself. And all you have done is demoralize everyone from Vidor, Ozen, Anahuac, PNG, Lumberton, Nederland, HJ, HF, basically everyone. Hey, at least you don't discriminate!
[/quote]
That's just not true. I'm just not a "yes" man...People that KNOW me respect that fact about me...sorry, but thats not how I do it.  I feel my influence has been positive and truthful...I will not demoralize anyone...But I will not say yes to make friends on her either...I know what I know...love it or hate it, it matters not...just respect it.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176386" timestamp="1329007551"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1176379#msg1176379 date=1329006664]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176373#msg1176373 date=1329005708]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Who cares if YOU think this district is 'down' this year, or the 'weakest'? The same exact thing was said last year about this district, and Ned went to Regionals and Ozen came 2 points from making the trip. Not to mention Central and PNG almost won their 1st round games. It would not surprise me if 20-4A sweeps 19-4A this year in the 1st round. It COULD happen! You need to stop comparing EVERY team to your beloved 2001 Ozen National Champions. That is a once in a life time type of situation. IF you are comparing these teams to that team, then yes, it's a down year. But guess what? Not many team's are going to compete with those Ozen years. All of these kids practice and play hard. Stop trying to bring them down, they are just kids. Just bc Ozen is the 3rd, maybe 4th best team in Beaumont, you have to run out and talk down to people to make yourself feel better.

[/quote]
Make ME feel better? WHY? Makes no sense...Who am I talking down to? I am giving my opinion on district 20-4A and where it stands, versus where it SHOULD be...It SHOULD be better, but we all know why its not right now..See you guys like people to get on here and talk about how good Nederland is, and what a great team they have...They are NOT THAT GOOD...Zach English can really play...Weisbrod is going to be really good too...THATS IT...Their head coach is getting them to respectable status and thats all you can ask...You see them play all the time...You know the deal...Title town they are not...What the future holds, no one knows for sure...Give you a break? give ME a break!

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1176383#msg1176383 date=1329007180]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176376#msg1176376 date=1329006341]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That's just not true. I'm just not a "yes" man...People that KNOW me respect that fact about me...sorry, but thats not how I do it.  I feel my influence has been positive and truthful...I will not demoralize anyone...But I will not say yes to make friends on her either...I know what I know...love it or hate it, it matters not...just respect it.
[/quote]
You gotta earn respect dickie and on here you haven't done that. Yeah you know your stuff and your not stupid but that doesn't automatically give you respect man.

Respect you? For what? For being a butt? When did ANYONE from Nederland (or on this forum) state that we are Title Town?? Please show me! We are heads above what we were 5 years ago, and we are estatic about it! Who knows what we will be 5 years from now, so we are enjoying the ride. We don't recruit like some Houston schools do illegally, and private schools do legally. Oh, and BTW-We don't care about how strong other districts are this year! We are just looking to win our next game!
You got spoiled growing up in your basketball world, and now you think you are a basketball elitist! You also got spoiled riding the coat tail of Boutte while winning a State and Nat'l Championship. Congrats on that, BTW. Amazing accomplishment! Not EVERY year is going to be like that. I would be willing to bet that there will NEVER be a run at that level around here, EVER!! So stop expecting it! Since you know so much about basketball, go coach a team and make a difference.
BTW-You never answered me on what your alma mater has accomplished in bball over the last 10 years!

I have to laugh at your envy.....Coat tails? Is that all you got? Please...man give it a rest...I know what I can do on the sidelines, as a head or asst. coach...I know the game, and some of you HATE that...it doesn't matter....Let me know if you wanna wear my state ring, because that will likely be the closest you will ever get to one...coattail indeed.... ::).

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176401" timestamp="1329009235"]
I have to laugh at your envy.....Coat tails? Is that all you got? Please...man give it a rest...[b]I know what I can do on the sidelines, as a head or asst. coach.[/b]..I know the game, and some of you HATE that...it doesn't matter....Let me know if you wanna wear my state ring, because that will likely be the closest you will ever get to one...coattail indeed.... ::).
[/quote]
Hey where you working at right now Dickie?  ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176401" timestamp="1329009235"]
I have to laugh at your envy.....Coat tails? Is that all you got? Please...man give it a rest...I know what I can do on the sidelines, as a head or asst. coach...I know the game, and some of you HATE that...it doesn't matter....Let me know if you wanna wear my state ring, because that will likely be the closest you will ever get to one...coattail indeed.... ::).
[/quote]
Envy? Ha!  ::)
I know the game just as well as you do  ;)  I don't need a state ring to remind me of where I've been, bc I know what lies ahead of me.  8)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176414" timestamp="1329010303"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176401#msg1176401 date=1329009235]
[/quote]
Envy? Ha!  ::)
I know the game just as well as you do  ;)  I don't need a state ring to remind me of where I've been, bc I know what lies ahead of me.  8)
[/quote]
Although there is no way to prove or disprove that, I will take the high road and say thank you.

[quote name="baddog" post="1176408" timestamp="1329009827"]
A coach with a state champ ring living on a message board messing with the fans, sitting on his pedestal, tooting his own horn because no one else will. Isn't there a coach's board you could frequent, or does a board of your peers take you down a notch?
[/quote]
I can talk hoops with ANY crowd, and people that really know basketball KNOW that I know what this game is about...This is strictly entertainment for me..You guys take it to another level...I am done with it...Good luck to you and your team.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176425" timestamp="1329012458"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=95812.msg1176408#msg1176408 date=1329009827]
A coach with a state champ ring living on a message board messing with the fans, sitting on his pedestal, tooting his own horn because no one else will. Isn't there a coach's board you could frequent, or does a board of your peers take you down a notch?
[/quote]
I can talk hoops with ANY crowd, and people that really know basketball KNOW that I know what this game is about...This is strictly entertainment
for me..[b]You guys take it to another level[/b]...I am done with it...Good luck to you and your team.
[/quote]
We ALL know you can talk hoops. You clearly know basketball, and none of us are trying to discredit you. However, when you continuously take shots at our team and community, we are going to fight back. We have a
strong community, and we stick together. Although i don't know anyone's identity on here (from Nederland) we are all family, and we all grew up together. This may be hard for you to understand coming from a big city environment. Not a cheap shot at you, just the way it is.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176431" timestamp="1329013589"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95812.msg1176425#msg1176425 date=1329012458]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=95812.msg1176408#msg1176408 date=1329009827]
[/quote]
I can talk hoops with ANY crowd, and people that really know basketball KNOW that I know what this game is about...This is strictly entertainment
for me..[b]You guys take it to another level[/b]...I am done with it...Good luck to you and your team.
[/quote]
We ALL know you can talk hoops. You clearly know basketball, and none of us are trying to discredit you. However, when you continuously take shots at our team and community, we are going to fight back. We have a
strong community, and we stick together. Although i don't know anyone's identity on here (from Nederland) we are all family, and we all grew up together. This may be hard for you to understand coming from a big city environment. Not a cheap shot at you, just the way it is.
[/quote]
I suppose thats true, because if anyone on here talked about Madison (my alma mater) I could care less...Especially if there was any validity to it..The problem that I am having is the fact that EVERYONE else on here can have an opinion and its ok...I have one? then its "where do you coach, now" or "you rode Boutte's coattail to a state championship" or some other ridiculous statement like that...Why is it ONLY me? I have seen so much WORSE on here about Nederland and Coach E, but since you KNOW who I am, the shots come at me, that are not even CLOSE to being true...Thats not fair, now is it? I have always said that Nederland has made great strides under Coach English, yet you guys REFUSE to see the positive things that I say...Even some yahoo kid from Vidor wants to jump in!! I have NO WORDS for Vidor and how bad they are!! Yet, I am the target..why? I know how Lebron feels!!  8)