Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen wins 54-43!

WOSgrad

[quote name="stevenash" post="1176201" timestamp="1328983154"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=95812.msg1176183#msg1176183 date=1328980566]
Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, critique others RESPECTFULLY. Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.
[/quote]

Good advice.  I believe you should add in that is equally improper to demean a community or any individual sports program as well.
[/quote]
I second that!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1176201" timestamp="1328983154"]
Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, critique others RESPECTFULLY. Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.
[/quote]

Good advice.  I believe you should add in that is equally improper to demean a community or any individual sports program as well.
[/quote] ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1176213" timestamp="1328985495"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95812.msg1176201#msg1176201 date=1328983154]
[/quote]

[/quote] ???
[/quote]

BLUE, there are a lot of people giving advice here that should be taking it.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1176216" timestamp="1328985925"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95812.msg1176213#msg1176213 date=1328985495]
[/quote]

[/quote] ???
[/quote]

BLUE, there are a lot of people giving advice here that should be taking it.
[/quote]

TRUE!!! ;)

[quote name="vp32" post="1176202" timestamp="1328983236"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I second that!
[/quote]It has been motioned and seconded, All in favor say I...............I.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bullets13" post="1176233" timestamp="1328986970"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95812.msg1176228#msg1176228 date=1328986592]
Oh okay, thats about 99.9% of us on this board. I'm trying to figure out whose in the elite 0.1% ;)
[/quote]

it's me.  i never demean individual players ;)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="bullets13" post="1176233" timestamp="1328986970"]
Oh okay, thats about 99.9% of us on this board. I'm trying to figure out whose in the elite 0.1% ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree- You never do that.  I  have two questions regarding that.  !.  Do you think that has anything to do with a social lean to the left?  2.  Would you be more inclined to criticize a player if his father was a rich Republican? ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1176251" timestamp="1328987511"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95812.msg1176202#msg1176202 date=1328983236]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I second that!
[/quote]It has been motioned and seconded, All in favor say I...............I.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
I

[quote name="stevenash" post="1176274" timestamp="1328988874"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=95812.msg1176233#msg1176233 date=1328986970]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree- You never do that.  I  have two questions regarding that.  !.  Do you think that has anything to do with a social lean to the left?  2.  Would you be more inclined to criticize a player if his father was a rich Republican? ;D
[/quote]

nah, your sons were some of my favorite HJ players when i was younger ;)

[quote name="bullets13" post="1176293" timestamp="1328991632"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95812.msg1176274#msg1176274 date=1328988874]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=95812.msg1176233#msg1176233 date=1328986970]
[/quote]

[/quote]

WAs quite a bit tougher paying my bills then than it is now.  Older thought his economic conditions were far worse than when younger had his turn.

[/quote]

nah, your sons were some of my favorite HJ players when i was younger ;)
[/quote]

Nederland played the game right. Ozen just hit their shots and Nederland missed theirs. That's how a team loses the game. ......missing shots. Ozen was the better team last night. Congrats.

You won't hear me cry about our coaching or the refs. Sometimes you simply get beat. I can admit that.

Mr. 5 on 5: I am ENTITLED to my opinion..am not a YES man, or on here an "I agree" all the time to get along man...I have my thoughts on this game and I share them.  I am VERY respectful of others on here, and have broken no rules, so yes, you are being sensitive. I feel that it is an issue with you, because people on here KNOW who I really am, I should not say what I say...Anything I say on here, I have NO ISSUE saying it in person, text, facebook, twitter, over the phone, or WHEREVER.  Fact is, and I will say it AGAIN...Nederland is just not that good..I have no problem with Nederland, and as a matter of fact am friends with the head coach..I just call it as I see it...If you don't like it, don't read it...just that simple.`

This is what I'm gathering.  Nederland is a good team and have proven so this year, but they peaed early, whereas teams like Central and Ozen peaked later on, when it counts.  Blame it on coaching or talent or whatever, but Ozen and Central  has the advantage here as you WANT momentum going into the playoffs.  Nederland NEEDS a big win vs. LC-M and against us to get their confidence back.

[quote name="baddog" post="1176340" timestamp="1328998761"]
We're #1, but we're not very good.....according to some people. Too many wishy-washy statements made around here. Ned. won district last year and tied for first this year.....B-U-T........ ::)
[/quote]

i'd say nederland is the tied for best team in a pretty mediocre district.  they're a pretty good team, that will probably be better next year.  but i think Ozen and Central will be much better next year, too.  Then Nederland might end up being the 2nd or 3rd best team in the district, but it will be a better district.

[quote name="baddog" post="1176368" timestamp="1329004002"]
Whether best district in the state or the worst, when being judged by teams in the same district, being tied for first place, and being referred as not good, I call foul.
[/quote]
I agree. Dickie said Nederland is just NOT THAT GOOD.
They may not have been the best team last night but they were the best team the first 29 games they played and even though they have lost 2 games now they are still tied for the DC. You can't take that away.

[quote name="baddog" post="1176368" timestamp="1329004002"]
Whether best district in the state or the worst, when being judged by teams in the same district, being tied for first place, and being referred as not good, I call foul.
[/quote]
You call foul, I call fact...You are a Nederland fan, and supposed to feel that your team is the best...That is OK...I know better...They are tied for first place in arguably the WORST 4A district in region 3 this season...If you guys are happy with that, be happy...You cannot dispute that the district is as bad as it has ever been...You guys wanna call 21-3A "top heavy" but the fact is, the top teams in that district are better than any in 20-4A, TODAY....SAD.....Better TEAMS...I did not say MORE TALENTED, or even more athletic....Better TEAMS. Nederland won 29 straight over roughly a 2 and a half year period...great achievement considering where that school usually is in boys basketball...Build on that...However, they are NOT THAT GOOD...and yes, they peaked way too early, as teams sometimes do. Thats no knock on Nederland...its just what it is.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1176343" timestamp="1328999618"]
This is what I'm gathering.  Nederland is a good team and have proven so this year, but they peaed early, whereas teams like Central and Ozen peaked later on, when it counts.  Blame it on coaching or talent or whatever, but Ozen and Central  has the advantage here as you WANT momentum going into the playoffs.  Nederland NEEDS a big win vs. LC-M and against us to get their confidence back.
[/quote]
I agree with some of your statement, but didn't Ozen just lose to Livingston the other night? I wouldn't call winning one game a lot of momentum??  ??? Bad Dog makes a great point. Nederland is still in 1st place, yet still not considered all that good. Nederland is as good as they were two weeks ago, they just missed opportunities last night. That game could easily have gone in Ned's favor, just like the 1st meeting between these 2 schools could have gone in Ozen's favor. Ozen had something to prove last night, and they did. Let's give credit to Ozen on beating a good team instead of trying to create a false perception. Any given night, a good team can lose a game. Just bc you lose a game or two doesn't mean that you are suddenly not good any more. HJ shot horribly from the FT line a few weeks ago and lost to Silsbee. Silsbee, who is
considered a good team, won the game. If Ozen shoots that same FT percentage last night, Nederland wins that game. Perception people, perception. Nederland is still in 1st place.  8)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176374" timestamp="1329005771"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95812.msg1176343#msg1176343 date=1328999618]
[/quote]
I agree with some of your statement, but didn't Ozen just lose to Livingston the other night? I wouldn't call winning one game a lot of momentum??  ??? Bad Dog makes a great point. Nederland is still in 1st place, yet still not considered all that good. Nederland is as good as they were two weeks ago, they just missed opportunities last night. That game could easily have gone in Ned's favor, just like the 1st meeting between these 2 schools could have gone in Ozen's favor. Ozen had something to prove last night, and they did. Let's give credit to Ozen on beating a good team instead of trying to create a false perception. Any given night, a good team can lose a game. Just bc you lose a game or two doesn't mean that you are suddenly not good any more. HJ shot horribly from the FT line a few weeks ago and lost to Silsbee. Silsbee, who is
considered a good team, won the game. If Ozen shoots that same FT percentage last night, Nederland wins that game. Perception people, perception. Nederland is still in 1st place.  8)
[/quote]
Yes Nederland is still in 1st place...in an AWFUL district...BUT, they have to line up and play who is on the schedule, and I get that.  Crosby is in 1st place in their district too..so is Yates...how does Nederland compare to those district front runners? They don't...Yates beats Nederland by 30+ and you know it...Heck, Ozen too, THESE days!! Look, I am not being a downer on Nederland...I just know what I know....and I know that 20-4A is terrible.