BMT. OZEN VS. LIVINGSTON BROADCAST/LIVINGSTON WINS 59-42!

WOSgrad

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174330" timestamp="1328716362"]
[quote author=rc2182 link=topic=95625.msg1174306#msg1174306 date=1328715292]
I would think everyone would do a little research b4 we get to discussing coaches credentials,not sure about one coach but the one at Ozen happen to play high school basketball ,but even at that ,there are a lot of things you have to take into consideration does he have parent,community, BISD(PRINCIPAL,AD, SUPERINT, PLAYERS ETC....) and last but not least how many shots did he miss (the coach),reb. did he get ,Players Play Coaches Coach.
[/quote]
Yes there are alot of things to take into consideration but there are some things you have no control over. Honestly I don't know why the parents are not there, I have always felt that for every child participating there should be at least 1 person from the family showing support. The community is full of bandwagon fans, nobody really showed up for the football games but when they got a decent win 10 more people showed up. It's sad to look in the gym at a home game and see maybe 50 people. I understand the coach doesn't miss the shots or gets out rebounded or turns the ball over but he makes the decision as to who will be on the court. When you see a kid make a mistake, you don't bench him and not tell him what he did wrong or show him an alternative. When you have back to back turnovers, you don't call a timeout and not say nothing in the huddle. When you go down by 7 and you see some of your team getting discouraged, you don't just sit down and not say a word. There was nothing coming from Ozen's sideline last night. If it wasn't for 4 of the 12 fans that showed up, nothing would have been heard. No motivation at all and the lead was maybe 7 (if that) at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm no coach and never want that responsibility but I've been around long enough to know a thing or 2 IMO. Something is lacking with Ozen's basketball program and I won't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. I'm frustrated and don't want another headache from last night....
[/quote]
I know EXACTLY what it is. And I hate to say that I SAW it coming back in December of 2008. It has happened...NEDERLAND IS WINNING DISTRICT THESE DAYS! No one sees anything wrong with that? As good as Coach English is as a coach, they still SHOULD NOT DOMINATE THAT DISTRICT the way that they have...PERIOD. Just think about this...If Central starting dominanting in BASEBALL, wouldn't some schools in that district find that odd?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest COUG4LIFE
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174325" timestamp="1328716114"]
I would think everyone would do a little research b4 we get to discussing coaches credentials,not sure about one coach but the one at Ozen happen to play high school basketball ,but even at that ,there are a lot of things you have to take into consideration does he have parent,community, BISD(PRINCIPAL,AD, SUPERINT, PLAYERS ETC....) and last but not least how many shots did he miss (the coach),reb. did he get ,Players Play Coaches Coach.
[/quote]
No, coaches do not shoot a single shot, however, it is the head coaches responsibility to put those kids in a POSITION to win...To lose by 17 to a Livingston team that has struggled all season to get W's, and you are fighting to try to win, what USED to be a routine district championship, is unacceptable. Say what you want, thats just the truth.  Its nothing personal, but the BISD programs are falling from greatness to medicrity seemingly overnight. Why? The kids are still there.... ::)
[/quote]

Dick I have to agree with you on this one.  It seems like RC has some personal feelings about the Ozen coach.  Mabey a relitive or something.........  Who knows

Since UIL puts so many teams in the playoffs does it really matter who wins district. Doesnt matter if you win district then lose in the first round and a second, third or fourth place team goes deeper into the playoffs than the district champs. The playoffs is where the scouts are and you get your exposure.

[quote name="COUG4LIFE" post="1174338" timestamp="1328716771"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174325#msg1174325 date=1328716114]
[/quote]
No, coaches do not shoot a single shot, however, it is the head coaches responsibility to put those kids in a POSITION to win...To lose by 17 to a Livingston team that has struggled all season to get W's, and you are fighting to try to win, what USED to be a routine district championship, is unacceptable. Say what you want, thats just the truth.  Its nothing personal, but the BISD programs are falling from greatness to medicrity seemingly overnight. Why? The kids are still there.... ::)
[/quote]

Dick I have to agree with you on this one.  It seems like RC has some personal feelings about the Ozen coach.  Mabey a relitive or something.........  Who knows [/quote]No Coug4life no personal feelings ,however seems as though you have some for Buna though ,on a BB site I really don't know why someone from Buna would even  be on this site, a team probably have not won one district game in who knows how many years .Go back on your baseball site were your voice may be of some importance.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174337" timestamp="1328716698"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=95625.msg1174330#msg1174330 date=1328716362]
[/quote]
Yes there are alot of things to take into consideration but there are some things you have no control over. Honestly I don't know why the parents are not there, I have always felt that for every child participating there should be at least 1 person from the family showing support. The community is full of bandwagon fans, nobody really showed up for the football games but when they got a decent win 10 more people showed up. It's sad to look in the gym at a home game and see maybe 50 people. I understand the coach doesn't miss the shots or gets out rebounded or turns the ball over but he makes the decision as to who will be on the court. When you see a kid make a mistake, you don't bench him and not tell him what he did wrong or show him an alternative. When you have back to back turnovers, you don't call a timeout and not say nothing in the huddle. When you go down by 7 and you see some of your team getting discouraged, you don't just sit down and not say a word. There was nothing coming from Ozen's sideline last night. If it wasn't for 4 of the 12 fans that showed up, nothing would have been heard. No motivation at all and the lead was maybe 7 (if that) at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm no coach and never want that responsibility but I've been around long enough to know a thing or 2 IMO. Something is lacking with Ozen's basketball program and I won't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. I'm frustrated and don't want another headache from last night....
[/quote]
I know EXACTLY what it is. And I hate to say that I SAW it coming back in December of 2008. It has happened...NEDERLAND IS WINNING DISTRICT THESE DAYS! No one sees anything wrong with that? As good as Coach English is as a coach, they still SHOULD NOT DOMINATE THAT DISTRICT the way that they have...PERIOD. Just think about this...If Central starting dominanting in BASEBALL, wouldn't some schools in that district find that odd?
[/quote]Interesting comment Dickie, great minds do see the future.  ;) I saw it back then and made mention of it several times on this forum that Nederland would be a major player in setx. basketball.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174337" timestamp="1328716698"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dickie-  People were saying the same thing early in the career of Tiger Woods

I understand the parallel, but its not the same....If Orangefield starts DOMINATING 22-3A, winning 29 district games in a row, then you will be able to understand what I am saying...It just should not happen like that, when the kids are still there as they always have been. Not that Nederland should not be COMPETITIVE, but the way they have owned 20-4A over the last two years is just not acceptable.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174371" timestamp="1328720075"]
I understand the parallel, but its not the same....If Orangefield starts DOMINATING 22-3A, winning 29 district games in a row, then you will be able to understand what I am saying...It just should not happen like that, when the kids are still there as they always have been. Not that Nederland should not be COMPETITIVE, but the way they have owned 20-4A over the [b]last two years[/b] is just not acceptable.
[/quote]
Just a little clarification: WHEN Nederland wins Friday night and next Tuesday, it will be 3 years. ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1174397" timestamp="1328721792"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174371#msg1174371 date=1328720075]
I understand the parallel, but its not the same....If Orangefield starts DOMINATING 22-3A, winning 29 district games in a row, then you will be able to understand what I am saying...It just should not happen like that, when the kids are still there as they always have been. Not that Nederland should not be COMPETITIVE, but the way they have owned 20-4A over the [b]last two years[/b] is just not acceptable.
[/quote]
Just a little clarification: WHEN Nederland wins Friday night and next Tuesday, it will be 3 years. ;)
[/quote] ;D

[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174371#msg1174371 date=1328720075]
[/quote]
[/quote]

AND they talk smack to boot!!  8) ;D ;D....This just can't happen!!  >:(

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174404" timestamp="1328722257"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95625.msg1174397#msg1174397 date=1328721792]
[/quote]
[/quote]

AND they talk smack to boot!!  8) ;D ;D....This just can't happen!!  >:(
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]Confident that you'll beat Ozen I see.  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174410" timestamp="1328722531"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
As a loyal fan, I have to be confident that we will win, but I know that Ozen has the ability to win. I wonder if Ozen will come out mad Friday night or demoralized? They prob had all kinds of confidence after beating Central. Just wondering if they have the leadership to bounce back against Nederland after a surprising loss to the Lions last night? Either way, Ned needs to treat this game as a playoff game.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174330" timestamp="1328716362"]
[/quote]
Yes there are alot of things to take into consideration but there are some things you have no control over. Honestly I don't know why the parents are not there, I have always felt that for every child participating there should be at least 1 person from the family showing support. The community is full of bandwagon fans, nobody really showed up for the football games but when they got a decent win 10 more people showed up. It's sad to look in the gym at a home game and see maybe 50 people. I understand the coach doesn't miss the shots or gets out rebounded or turns the ball over but he makes the decision as to who will be on the court. When you see a kid make a mistake, you don't bench him and not tell him what he did wrong or show him an alternative. When you have back to back turnovers, you don't call a timeout and not say nothing in the huddle. When you go down by 7 and you see some of your team getting discouraged, you don't just sit down and not say a word. There was nothing coming from Ozen's sideline last night. If it wasn't for 4 of the 12 fans that showed up, nothing would have been heard. No motivation at all and the lead was maybe 7 (if that) at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm no coach and never want that responsibility but I've been around long enough to know a thing or 2 IMO. Something is lacking with Ozen's basketball program and I won't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. I'm frustrated and don't want another headache from last night....[b]I agree uandme something is not right with the program and it is frustrating to see Ozen in such a rut ,all i'm saying is it is easy to look ,and place blame on the coach or leader of the team ,look at the president ,all blame falls on his shoulders but is he the total blame for the predictment the country is in .Back to Ozen ,things that might be taken into consideration is loosing three possibly four starters on the team ,one to grades ,two to discplinary reasons,and one to concentrating just on track,just saying.  [/b] [/quote]

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1174423" timestamp="1328723044"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95625.msg1174410#msg1174410 date=1328722531]
[/quote]
[/quote]
As a loyal fan, I have to be confident that we will win, but I know that Ozen has the ability to win. I wonder if Ozen will come out mad Friday night or demoralized? They prob had all kinds of confidence after beating Central. Just wondering if they have the leadership to bounce back against Nederland after a surprising loss to the Lions last night? Either way, Ned needs to treat this game as a playoff game.
[/quote]I'm really don't know how to take Ozen now. I've seen them play several times this year.  They've gotten a lot better than they were at the beginning of the year.  Just when you get big on them, they lose to Livingston.  Not a close lose, but a blowout loss.  Yes, you can say that it was a trap game.  But how do you think Nederland will come into this game? They sure in the heck won't be rolling over for them or feeling sorry for Ozen.  Ozen will need to find a way to get that mini-swagger back they had after beating us and incorperated it into Friday night's matchup against Nederland.  I'm just not really sure what Ozen team will show up.

There is definitely some talent coming up through the ranks in BISD.  If you put all of the talent in the 8th/9th grade classes together (which you could do with the BISD transfer rules; not saying it's right, but you could), you could have a state contender.  But if you are a parent of one of those kids sitting here today and looking at your options, where do you send them in the district?

I won't answer that, but it's a good question...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174462" timestamp="1328725848"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95625.msg1174423#msg1174423 date=1328723044]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95625.msg1174410#msg1174410 date=1328722531]
I understand the parallel, but its not the same....If Orangefield starts DOMINATING 22-3A, winning 29 district games in a row, then you will
be able to understand what I am saying...It just should not happen like that, when the kids are still there as they always have been. Not that Nederland should not be COMPETITIVE, but the way they have owned 20-4A over the [b]last two years[/b] is just not acceptable.
[/quote]
[/quote]
As a loyal fan, I have to be confident that we will win, but I know that
Ozen has the ability to win. I wonder if Ozen will come out mad Friday night or demoralized? They prob had all kinds of confidence after beating Central. Just wondering if they have the leadership to bounce back against Nederland after a surprising loss to the Lions last night? Either way, Ned needs to treat this game as a playoff game.
[/quote]I'm really don't know how to take Ozen now. I've seen them play several times this year.  They've gotten a lot better than they were at the beginning of the year.  Just when you get big on them, they lose to
Livingston.  Not a close lose, but a blowout loss.  Yes, you can say that it was a trap game.  But how do you think Nederland will come into this game? They sure in the heck won't be rolling over for them or feeling sorry for Ozen.  Ozen will need to find a way to get that mini-swagger back they had after beating us and incorperated it into Friday night's matchup against Nederland.  I'm just not really sure what Ozen team will show up.
[/quote]
Many on this board (including myself) thought Livingston would be more competitive this year. We played very well both times we faced them this year. Maybe they played up to their potential last night?
I was impressed by Ozen when we played them last month. They played well, but Ned played better. After that game, I predicted that they would beat Central in round 2 of district play. After last night's defeat against Livingston, who knows who will show up Friday night against Ned. I know Coach E and his kids wiill be prepared for whatever Ozen throws at them. If they execute his plan, Ned wins. If they freeze up like last Friday night, it will be another long night.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1174492" timestamp="1328727669"]
There is definitely some talent coming up through the ranks in BISD.  If you put all of the talent in the 8th/9th grade classes together (which you could do with the BISD transfer rules; not saying it's right, but you could), you could have a state contender.  But if you are a parent of one of those kids sitting here today and looking at your options, where do you send them in the district?

I won't answer that, but it's a good question...
[/quote]
Exactly..This is how you get kids like Devante Johnson mysteriously ending up in Hardin Jefferson from Central due to lack of options in BISD...It just should not happen...They (BISD athletics) need to make a move and fast.  There is no reason for the boys basketball programs to have such tradition and talent just turned into mediocrity. They know what needs to be done.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1174461" timestamp="1328725832"]
[/quote]
Yes there are alot of things to take into consideration but there are some things you have no control over. Honestly I don't know why the parents are not there, I have always felt that for every child participating there should be at least 1 person from the family showing support. The community is full of bandwagon fans, nobody really showed up for the football games but when they got a decent win 10 more people showed up. It's sad to look in the gym at a home game and see maybe 50 people. I understand the coach doesn't miss the shots or gets out rebounded or turns the ball over but he makes the decision as to who will be on the court. When you see a kid make a mistake, you don't bench him and not tell him what he did wrong or show him an alternative. When you have back to back turnovers, you don't call a timeout and not say nothing in the huddle. When you go down by 7 and you see some of your team getting discouraged, you don't just sit down and not say a word. There was nothing coming from Ozen's sideline last night. If it wasn't for 4 of the 12 fans that showed up, nothing would have been heard. No motivation at all and the lead was maybe 7 (if that) at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm no coach and never want that responsibility but I've been around long enough to know a thing or 2 IMO. Something is lacking with Ozen's basketball program and I won't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. I'm frustrated and don't want another headache from last night....[b]I agree uandme something is not right with the program and it is frustrating to see Ozen in such a rut ,all i'm saying is it is easy to look ,and place blame on the coach or leader of the team ,look at the president ,all blame falls on his shoulders but is he the total blame for the predictment the country is in .Back to Ozen ,things that might be taken into consideration is loosing three possibly four starters on the team ,one to grades ,two to discplinary reasons,and one to concentrating just on track,just saying.  [/b] [/quote]
[/quote]
Ok RC2182, I get what you are saying but there are obstacles that have to be crossed along the way. Ozen has won games without the 3 or 4 mentioned previously and they have lost some but by this point adjustments should have been made and you should know what you are working with and how to piece it together. Just speaking from watching last night, it was a nightmare. There were no adjustments and no guidance. To walk into a huddle at timeout and not say nothing to motivate them was useless. It was almost comical that he didn't know what to say to them. I even asked my son what was said in the locker room and/or on the bus and it was nothing worth mentioning. We have to play the had we are dealt with and again at this point, it should be known what's working and when it's not working what adjustments need to be made. There is more than one way to skin a cat and last night Ozen only had one plan in motion and it failed. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder