17HHS92

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MEM" post="1222791" timestamp="1337179699"]
both on the road which should make both even tougher
[/quote]
Goodluck to the Trojans in non-district, every year we want to point out reason why we don't think Coldspring will be as good the next season, and at the end of every year I found myself watching them deep in the playoffs, so I've decided to quit doubting them and just assume they will be the team to beat, so good luck to Coldspring and good luck to the Liberty Panthers as they prepare for them.

[quote name="LP6" post="1222908" timestamp="1337190539"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=95361.msg1222791#msg1222791 date=1337179699]
both on the road which should make both even tougher
[/quote]
Goodluck to the Trojans in non-district, every year we want to point out reason why we don't think Coldspring will be as good the next season, and at the end of every year I found myself watching them deep in the playoffs, so I've decided to quit doubting them and just assume they will be the team to beat, so good luck to Coldspring and good luck to the Liberty Panthers as they prepare for them.
[/quote]
I dont think Liberty needs to worry about preparing for CS. Liberty should be preparing for Tarkington, Splendora and Shepherd. If they get lucky they put it all together for Cleveland. CS is for Huffman to worry about.

I get a lot of humor reading the Huffman posts, Huffman has a good program but you are not even in the same league with Coldspring. You can get on hear and rag the other schools in the district all you want but everyone reading the posts knows the truth so just accept it and move on. What Huffman thinks they can to against Coldspring is the same thing that Liberty, Tarkington, Shepherd and Cleveland think they can do against Huffman. The funny part is the other schools in the district are closer to Huffman than Huffman is to Coldspring. For now and the near future you are only second best.

[quote name="idk" post="1222934" timestamp="1337193634"]
I get a lot of humor reading the Huffman posts, Huffman has a good program but you are not even in the same league with Coldspring. You can get on hear and rag the other schools in the district all you want but everyone reading the posts knows the truth so just accept it and move on. What Huffman thinks they can to against Coldspring is the same thing that Liberty, Tarkington, Shepherd and Cleveland think they can do against Huffman. The funny part is the other schools in the district are closer to Huffman than Huffman is to Coldspring. For now and the near future you are only second best.
[/quote]
Agreed, after many arguements most of the Huffman posters will admit that they aren't on Coldspring's level, but after this season they seem to have went back to the idea that they are on Coldspring's level and every other school isn't. In my opinion, I still hold firm the belief that Liberty and Cleveland are in the same category with Huffman, while Coldspring is above that, and Splendora, Shepherd, and Tarkington are below that, with the exception of maybe Splendora if they could get some skill kids they have a descent amount of players around that but as of now they can't compete. Most Huffman posters will tell you that Huffman is better than everyone in the district and no one can compete with them other than Coldsprings, but we will see next season how easily they roll through district, IMO 40-20 over Liberty without Liberty's starting free safety who had to be replaced by a freshmen against a passing offense, isn't near the 63-18 win Coldspring produced over Liberty, you aren't on their level, you are beatable and I hope the Panthers can gain some stability and continue the good things Coach Deel has started.

[quote name="LP6" post="1222950" timestamp="1337196480"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=95361.msg1222934#msg1222934 date=1337193634]
[/quote]
Agreed, after many arguements most of the Huffman posters will admit that they aren't on Coldspring's level, but after this season they seem to have went back to the idea that they are on Coldspring's level and every other school isn't. In my opinion, I still hold firm the belief that Liberty and Cleveland are in the same category with Huffman, while Coldspring is above that, and Splendora, Shepherd, and Tarkington are below that, with the exception of maybe Splendora if they could get some skill kids they have a descent amount of players around that but as of now they can't compete. Most Huffman posters will tell you that Huffman is better than everyone in the district and no one can compete with them other than Coldsprings, but we will see next season how easily they roll through district, IMO 40-20 over Liberty without Liberty's starting free safety who had to be replaced by a freshmen against a passing offense, isn't near the 63-18 win Coldspring produced over Liberty, you aren't on their level, you are beatable and I hope the Panthers can gain some stability and continue the good things Coach Deel has started.
[/quote]

Don't take the comments of one poster to represent the entire community. Everyone in Huffman knows that Coldspring is top dog. Coldspring is making trips to state and we cant get out of the 2nd round. However many in Huffman do feel that we have a better shot this year to beat coldspring than in years past, but they are still the undisputed favorite.

As for the rest of the schools no you are not on Huffman's level. Every team in this district except shepherd has been blowout two years in a row by Huffman and this years Huffman team will be better than last years. Realistically the only team in this district that will even compete with coldspring is Huffman.

Oh IDK answer this if Huffman blowsout every team in this district and has competitive games with Coldspring how are the other schools closer to Huffman than Huffman is to Coldspring?

No one has said CS was anything other than top dog. But, Huffman will be taking aim at the top spot. Huffman has competed with CS each of the last two years and 2010 in particular. Huffman will be better this coming year, CS will be good but it logical to conclude that they may not be as good. If it turns out that way Huffman may give it a run.

The main point was that Liberty has no business considering CS as Liberty is closer to the bottom than the top. 

[quote name="LP6" post="1222950" timestamp="1337196480"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=95361.msg1222934#msg1222934 date=1337193634]
[/quote]
[/quote]
BTW, the reason Huffman fans admit CS is better is because CS has beaten Huffman. This is opposite of Liberty fans who tend to believe they are as good as Huffman even though Huffman stomps Liberty much worse than CS beats Huffman.

Huffman did beat Liberty 40-20, but it was a much clser game than the scorboard showed. If you were at the game it was not a blowout until the 4th quarter, when Liberty's Offense stalled, and the defense fell apart. I personally believe that the game could have gone either way on any night. Huffman was the better team that night, however if they played ten times i believe that Liberty and Huffman would both win 5.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1223006" timestamp="1337210256"]
Huffman did beat Liberty 40-20, but it was a much clser game than the scorboard showed. If you were at the game it was not a blowout until the 4th quarter, when Liberty's Offense stalled, and the defense fell apart. I personally believe that the game could have gone either way on any night. Huffman was the better team that night, however if they played ten times i believe that Liberty and Huffman would both win 5.
[/quote]

Are you joking? The score was 28-7 at the half. Huffman was up by 3tds for a majority of the game. Liberty didnt even score a second time till midway through the 4th  when Huffman had the subs in. If Huffman and Liberty played 10 times Huffman would win atleast 9 times.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1223024" timestamp="1337214626"]
I stand by what I said the game could have gone either way there were some key passes dropped by liberty players that woul have tied up the game so yes It could have gone either way
[/quote]

Dropping passes is part of the game. Catching the ball is a skill Huffman's receivers didnt have a problem catching the ball. You lost by 3 scores, you didn't drop 3 td passes. The game wasn't close get over it.

Huffman had 2 dropped td passes in the Coldspring game, but you don't see me come on here and we should've won that game.

I am not saying we should have won, I said we could have, Liberty dropped some key passes, and turnovers killed them, but like you said, it is part of the game. What I was saying is that on another day Who knows maybe the two td passes would have been caught, and special teams would have held on to the ball maybe not idk. either way Liberty could have hung with Huffman player for player Liberty and Huffman are actually very close. This next year who knows, Liberty lost 4 veteran O-lineman so if they get that sorted out, then maybe next year is the year when Liberty takes out its revenge on Huffman i am not saying it will happen, however i will not be surprised if it does.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1223027" timestamp="1337216482"]
I am not saying we should have won, I said we could have, Liberty dropped some key passes, and turnovers killed them, but like you said, it is part of the game. What I was saying is that on another day Who knows maybe the two td passes would have been caught, and special teams would have held on to the ball maybe not idk. either way Liberty could have hung with Huffman player for player Liberty and Huffman are actually very close. This next year who knows, Liberty lost 4 veteran O-lineman so if they get that sorted out, then maybe next year is the year when Liberty takes out its revenge on Huffman i am not saying it will happen, however i will not be surprised if it does.
[/quote]

If Huffman Liberty are so close why did yall lose to Cleveland and we beat them by 40? why did you lost to CS by 50 and we lost by 17?

The Huffman Liberty score will be similar to 2010. If Liberty comes within 21 that is a victory.

In short injuries. Liberty does not have the advantage of having a large football team, and even though most of the starters are as good as Huffmans, the second string is for the most part horrible. In the cleveland game liberty lost both inside linebackers, during the game, and 2 backups due to concussions from practice, in the end a running back , who has not played defense since week 2 had to go in at sam linebacker. It is a hard position to pick up on the fly. After the cleveland game Liberty's D was broken. In the next week, Coldspring, There were 7 original starters on the defense, 3 backups, and 1 J.V player at DE. And they fought like crazy, and the team decided to opt out of a running clock. Not to mention in the fourth quarter Liberty started to let the Senior lineman have some fun and let them run the ball, which ended disasterously

[quote name="LP2012" post="1223033" timestamp="1337217600"]
In short injuries. Liberty does not have the advantage of having a large football team, and even though most of the starters are as good as Huffmans, the second string is for the most part horrible. In the cleveland game liberty lost both inside linebackers, during the game, and 2 backups due to concussions from practice, in the end a running back , who has not played defense since week 2 had to go in at sam linebacker. It is a hard position to pick up on the fly. After the cleveland game Liberty's D was broken. In the next week, Coldspring, There were 7 original starters on the defense, 3 backups, and 1 J.V player at DE. And they fought like crazy, and the team decided to opt out of a running clock. Not to mention in the fourth quarter Liberty started to let the Senior lineman have some fun and let them run the ball, which ended disasterously
[/quote]

Maybe your offensive starters might be equal to Huffman's, but your defensive starters are no where close.

What's next, who has the best cleats, water coolers or the newest bus at the game? Just beat them and you can talk all the smack you want. Cleveland got beat by both really bad, I could give several reasons why but it don't matter. I knew going in we were going to get beat, 8 starting sophomores on {D} and 4 on {O} we were to young. Now looking at this coming season, we have graduated some problems for Cleveland, we have a group of juniors returning that are focused. Maples on his third year as AD, things are stable for now. Huffman and Coldspring are the main focus...

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223058" timestamp="1337220995"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=95361.msg1223033#msg1223033 date=1337217600]
[/quote]

Maybe your offensive starters might be equal to Huffman's, but your defensive starters are no where close.
[/quote]
With a few exceptions i agree with this. Omar Tebo who went to state in powerlifting, and a few others mathc up fairly well. However, for the most part liberty's Defense was weak, but they are young and i believe that they show some promise in the future. But as of THIS year you are correct.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1223060" timestamp="1337221322"]
What's next, who has the best cleats, water coolers or the newest bus at the game? Just beat them and you can talk all the smack you want. Cleveland got beat by both really bad, I could give several reasons why but it don't matter. I knew going in we were going to get beat, 8 starting sophomores on {D} and 4 on {O} we were to young. Now looking at this coming season, we have graduated some problems for Cleveland, we have a group of juniors returning that are focused. Maples on his third year as AD, things are stable for now. Huffman and Coldspring are the main focus...
[/quote]
I would be careful liberty learned this year what happens when you overlook a good district opponent. One thing I will say is that Cleveland has a lot of very good athletes. That is almost always the case. On paper Cleveland has the athletes to match up to Huffman. However, they seem to have had trouble in the past 2 years of getting those athletes to full potential. Whether that was from them being young or other problems not related to football i do not know, but if you walk through Liberty then go to Cleveland, you would be amazed that these kids can even compete with Cleveland.

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1223147" timestamp="1337263810"]
Hey I got a good one, instead of the huffman falcons, lets start saying the huffman move-ins!! 8)
[/quote]

Don't be jealous because we get a couple of kids that want to move to a nice school. Maybe you should try to fix up the crap hole that is Cleveland and people would actually want to move there too.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223182" timestamp="1337268084"]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=95361.msg1223147#msg1223147 date=1337263810]
Hey I got a good one, instead of the huffman falcons, lets start saying the huffman move-ins!! 8)
[/quote]

Don't be jealous because we get a couple of kids that want to move to a nice school. Maybe you should try to fix up the crap hole that is Cleveland and people would actually want to move there too.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm from cleveland but anyways...a couple means two, if i'm correct your qb, last years middle backer, the two twins, and the running back are all move ins, so that is not a couple, if you take those kids away, well you look a lot like splendora!  didn't meant to hurt your feeling sir or madam, just thought some humor on this thread would be nice.  PS cleveland might be a crap hole, but at least they breed their athletes and just not check them in to the attendance clerk :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin