22-3a its never to early to talk..

17HHS92

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1223185" timestamp="1337268515"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95361.msg1223182#msg1223182 date=1337268084]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=95361.msg1223147#msg1223147 date=1337263810]
Hey I got a good one, instead of the huffman falcons, lets start saying the huffman move-ins!! 8)
[/quote]

Don't be jealous because we get a couple of kids that want to move to a nice school. Maybe you should try to fix up the crap hole that is Cleveland and people would actually want to move there too.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm from cleveland but anyways...a couple means two, if i'm correct your qb, last years middle backer, the two twins, and the running back are all move ins, so that is not a couple, if you take those kids away, well you look a lot like splendora!  didn't meant to hurt your feeling sir or madam, just thought some humor on this thread would be nice.  PS cleveland might be a crap hole, but at least they breed their athletes and just not check them in to the attendance clerk :P
[/quote]

The QB and Middle linebacker did move in fron other highschools. The RB has been in Huffman since middle school. The twins? Maybe you mean the Harrel brother, well they grew up in HD but I believe they moved over in middle school as well.

Cleveland may breed thier own athletes, but that hasn't worked out so well in the last couple of years. Mayne you should try to get some moveins instead of losing your rb to liberty.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome!! When does football start?!?!

I don't think Liberty matches up with Huffman offensively...

They had 4 'vetran' o-linemen and gave up like 7 sacks against Huffman last year? Cleveland will do more of the same this year to Liberty!!

Liberty does have a RB that average 15 yards a carry, IN NON-DISTRICT, and like 3 in district...

Cleveland is very ATHELTIC, Coldspring is athletic and well coached... They will be tough to beat!!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223182" timestamp="1337268084"]
Hey I got a good one, instead of the huffman falcons, lets start saying the huffman move-ins!! 8)
[/quote]

Don't be jealous because we get a couple of kids that want to move to a nice school. Maybe you should try to fix up the crap hole that is Cleveland and people would actually want to move there too.
[/quote]

Come on Falcon, Cleveland has it's problems like every other town. Seems we have made the news alot in the last year, alot more than i would like. but on the other side we have a ton of great families in Cleveland that are trying hard to make a difference. we alos have a ton of kids in the school that are working hard, passing and not getting in trouble. crap hole, maybe to you...but it's our home don't put everyone in Cleveland in the same catagory please.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1223214" timestamp="1337272103"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95361.msg1223182#msg1223182 date=1337268084]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Falcon, Cleveland has it's problems like every other town. Seems we have made the news alot in the last year, alot more than i would like. but on the other side we have a ton of great families in Cleveland that are trying hard to make a difference. we alos have a ton of kids in the school that are working hard, passing and not getting in trouble. crap hole, maybe to you...but it's our home don't put everyone in Cleveland in the same catagory please.
[/quote]
;D

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223188" timestamp="1337268960"]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=95361.msg1223185#msg1223185 date=1337268515]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm from cleveland but anyways...a couple means two, if i'm correct your qb, last years middle backer, the two twins, and the running back are all move ins, so that is not a couple, if you take those kids away, well you look a lot like splendora!  didn't meant to hurt your feeling sir or madam, just thought some humor on this thread would be nice.  PS cleveland might be a crap hole, but at least they breed their athletes and just not check them in to the attendance clerk :P
[/quote]

The QB and Middle linebacker did move in fron other highschools. The RB has been in Huffman since middle school. The twins? Maybe you mean the Harrel brother, well they grew up in HD but I believe they moved over in middle school as well.

Cleveland may breed thier own athletes, but that hasn't worked out so well in the last couple of years. Mayne you should try to get some moveins instead of losing your rb to liberty.
[/quote]

wow that might of been the weakest come back line in SETX history, the liberty rb was playing basketball when cleveland was playing wos in the first round of playoffs so it didnt look to hurt the indians too much.  Just remember falcon, a COUPLE more move ins and then yall will be 4A and well, we all know how that ends!!!  Kingwood Park 35, Move-ins 7!!!! ;D

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1223214" timestamp="1337272103"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. Cleveland does have some great people. The school has had it's problem, but hopefully they are going in a new direction I hear the new AD is a very good man. I am sorry for my comments. It just makes me mad when people try to say that Huffman is only good, because of our size or because we got some move ins. Like were they only school that had kids move into the district. Sorry again.

The liberty running back.had a pretty darn good year so it probably hurt you more than you think.

oh and Huffman is still about 70 below the 4a cutoff and Splendora has more kids this us now. So don't get your hopes up about us going back up anytime soon. You will still get a couple more beatdowns from those "move-ins".

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223229" timestamp="1337273159"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=95361.msg1223214#msg1223214 date=1337272103]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. Cleveland does have some great people. The school has had it's problem, but hopefully they are going in a new direction I hear the new AD is a very good man. I am sorry for my comments. It just makes me mad when people try to say that Huffman is only good, because of our size or because we got some move ins. Like were they only school that had kids move into the district. Sorry again.
[/quote]

Thank you sir, I understand...

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1223204" timestamp="1337270960"]

They had 4 'vetran' o-linemen and gave up like 7 sacks against Huffman last year? Cleveland will do more of the same this year to Liberty!!

Liberty does have a RB that average 15 yards a carry, IN NON-DISTRICT, and like 3 in district...

Cleveland is very ATHELTIC, Coldspring is athletic and well coached... They will be tough to beat!!
[/quote]
Liberty has two online man playing college ball next year along with the tight end. Also all but one of the o line man got an all district selection, 1 first team, one 2 team and 2 hm. The o line was a pretty solid group. Yes there were sacks in Huffman but everybody had a bad game now and then. As too the rb he was a sophomore.. Not to many sophomores are just amazing.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1223028" timestamp="1337217013"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=95361.msg1223027#msg1223027 date=1337216482]
I am not saying we should have won, I said we could have, Liberty dropped some key passes, and turnovers killed them, but like you said, it is part of the game. What I was saying is that on another day Who knows maybe the two td passes would have been caught, and special teams would have held on to the ball maybe not idk. either way Liberty could have hung with Huffman player for player Liberty and Huffman are actually very close. This next year who knows, Liberty lost 4 veteran O-lineman so if they get that sorted out, then maybe next year is the year when Liberty takes out its revenge on Huffman i am not saying it will happen, however i will not be surprised if it does.
[/quote]

If Huffman Liberty are so close why did yall lose to Cleveland and we beat them by 40? why did you lost to CS by 50 and we lost by 17?

The Huffman Liberty score will be similar to 2010. If Liberty comes within 21 that is a victory.
[/quote]
Because once again you are relying on scores to make your statements. Cleveland was down 20-0 to Liberty to start the 3rd, at that point Liberty lost their second inside sam line backer, we dont have 4A enrollment, when you lose TWO guys at the SAME position, and just stick a guy out there who's a heck of an athlete, but for one he was only a sophomore and two even if he was a senior it's hard to learn how to play sam linebacker in 24 minutes, especially when Cleveland's strength was their inside run game of Franks. As the D fell apart miserably the right things happened for Cleveland at the right time, they got their only stop the whole game, and with Liberty's luck that came at the same time they lost their defensive momentum, so with no momentum on either side of the ball, and an injury filled defense Cleveland had every shot in the world to win the game and they still only won by 5, you don't know how happy it makes us Panther fans to see that Cleveland post about "yall" are only worried about CS and Huffman, that's great because although we are mainly focused on them 2, I'm sure Coach Deel won't let our team forget the embarassing loss to a team we were TWICE as good as, and I'm sure he won't let those players forget the torn faces of the seniors after the game, and I'm sure he will let them know that they do not want to be in that same position as they were last year, sitting at home while a team not as talented as you gets a playoff shot. We won't be over looking Shepherd, Splendora, or Tarkington either, because they now know that anything is possible, and I've watched the class of 2013 since 7th grade, they never had a problem with Huffman's 2013 on the football field, thats minus your move ins in Austin Williams and Townley, but either way the Panthers will be ready next year.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1223204" timestamp="1337270960"]

[/quote]
LOVE that statement, he's young and very talented and apparently extremely underrated, I hope he has a great offseason and summer to add to his 6 foot 200 pound frame, then wherever your from in the district, Cleveland Shepherd or wherever, you can sit in the stands and watch him rack up yards against your defense, unless your from Coldspring then you will probably not be watching him run down your throat but hopefully at least repeating his game from last year in witch he had a touchdown reception scoring one of the only two touchdowns by catching the ball and making defenders miss, the other score on Coldspring was another TD catch by another sophomore.

It's funny to me and pretty much EVERYONE in the football world that the loss and 1 player and replacing him with this phenom of an athlete would cause y'all to lose the game to Cleveland much less blow a 20 point lead. If our stregnth was the inside run and he was an inside LBer, isn't his assignment pretty easy? Tackle Franks, done!!

I am pretty sure that no schools in 22-3A have a 4A enrollment... If they did, they probably wouldn't be 3A, right? That LP6, what a funny guy!!

[quote name="LP6" post="1223276" timestamp="1337276889"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95361.msg1223028#msg1223028 date=1337217013]
I am not saying we should have won, I said we could have, Liberty dropped some key passes, and turnovers killed them, but like you said, it is part of the game. What I was saying is that on another day Who knows maybe the two td passes would have been caught, and special teams would have held on to the ball maybe not idk. either way Liberty could have hung with Huffman player for player Liberty and Huffman are actually very close. This next year who knows, Liberty lost 4 veteran O-lineman so if they get that sorted out, then maybe next year is the year when Liberty takes out its revenge on Huffman i am not saying it will happen, however i will not be surprised if it does.
[/quote]

If Huffman Liberty are so close why did yall lose to Cleveland and we beat them by 40? why did you lost to CS by 50 and we lost by 17?

The Huffman Liberty score will be similar to 2010. If Liberty comes within 21 that is a victory.
[/quote]
Because once again you are relying on scores to make your statements. Cleveland was down 20-0 to Liberty to start the 3rd, at that point Liberty lost their second inside sam line backer, we dont have 4A enrollment, when you lose TWO guys at the SAME position, and just stick a guy out there who's a heck of an athlete, but for one he was only a sophomore and two even if he was a senior it's hard to learn how to play sam linebacker in 24 minutes, especially when Cleveland's strength was their inside run game of Franks. As the D fell apart miserably the right things happened for Cleveland at the right time, they got their only stop the whole game, and with Liberty's luck that came at the same time they lost their defensive momentum, so with no momentum on either side of the ball, and an injury filled defense Cleveland had every shot in the world to win the game and they still only won by 5, you don't know how happy it makes us Panther fans to see that Cleveland post about "yall" are only worried about CS and Huffman, that's great because although we are mainly focused on them 2, I'm sure Coach Deel won't let our team forget the embarassing loss to a team we were TWICE as good as, and I'm sure he won't let those players forget the torn faces of the seniors after the game, and I'm sure he will let them know that they do not want to be in that same position as they were last year, sitting at home while a team not as talented as you gets a playoff shot. We won't be over looking Shepherd, Splendora, or Tarkington either, because they now know that anything is possible, and I've watched the class of 2013 since 7th grade, they never had a problem with Huffman's 2013 on the football field, thats minus your move ins in Austin Williams and Townley, but either way the Panthers will be ready next year.
[/quote]

Well since scores are ultimately the thing every team is judged by yeah im relying on them to make my point.

Oh and Huffman doesn't have 4a enrollment either ;).

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1223147" timestamp="1337263810"]
[/quote]
If one of the other schools in question could get their academic problems sorted out then someone might move there. Liberty and Cleveland are known more for poor academic scores and criminal behavior than they are for anything else. If Liberty could retain their population they would still be one of the largest school in the district like they were a few years back when they won.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1223301" timestamp="1337278897"]
It's funny to me and pretty much EVERYONE in the football world that the loss and 1 player and replacing him with this phenom of an athlete would cause y'all to lose the game to Cleveland much less blow a 20 point lead. If our stregnth was the inside run and he was an inside LBer, isn't his assignment pretty easy? Tackle Franks, done!!

I am pretty sure that no schools in 22-3A have a 4A enrollment... If they did, they probably wouldn't be 3A, right? That LP6, what a funny guy!!
[/quote]
Are you mentally retarded? You are right the linbacker just runs down the middle every play... Obviously you have never played or coached football. Hell im wondering if you have ever even watched a game. It is not that simple to say "hey there is the runningback let me go tackle him". The only time you must have ever been on the field when you were playing was half time huh?

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1223286" timestamp="1337277684"]
Wow!! Two sophomores scored touchdowns... That's awesome! Y'all have a bright future...  :)

Wasn't last year suppose to be the year of the panther?

He is young and talented, but like we said Cleveland's sophomore group (which is where he's from) is a talented group.
[/quote]
Im sorry but how many touchdowns did yall score on coldspring? Stay in the band buddy

[quote name="89falcon" post="1223306" timestamp="1337279557"]
[/quote]
If one of the other schools in question could get their academic problems sorted out then someone might move there. Liberty and Cleveland are known more for poor academic scores and criminal behavior than they are for anything else. If Liberty could retain their population they would still be one of the largest school in the district like they were a few years back when they won.
[/quote]
I won't disagree with all of that about Cleveland and the last part about Liberty, but we aren't known for our criminal behavior, neither is Cleveland but defintely not us. Cleveland is probably more known to past Huffman players for the numerous beatings they gave them, rather than their criminal behavior.
And back to the point of, you guys saying Liberty is further away from Huffman in skill than Splendor, Tarkington and Shepherd are from Liberty? Liberty has posted 2 blowouts against Splendora in the past two seasons, 4 blowouts on Tarkington in the last 4 years, 2011 season was a blowout against Shepherd 2010 Liberty won, but it was it OT that should have never been forced upon us if we played our game from the beginning, Huffman however has blown Liberty out once in 3 years, they lost to Liberty in one of those 3 years then won a game 40-20, now you tell me how that is more of a gap that the 40+ to what was it 14 against Splendora 2 seasons ago, the win this year, the 63-8 blowout of tarkington and the 2 wins on shepherd, IMO it is very clear that there sits 3 teams on the bottom of 22-3A, then there is a huge gap between them and Liberty and if Liberty would've handled business this past season I would include Cleveland in those bottom teams, but I know now at least untill next season I will put Cleveland on the same level with Liberty, then there is a small gap between Liberty and Huffman, then a gap about as big as the gap between the bottom 3 from Huffman up to Coldsprings. Meaning the bottom 3 will not beat Huffman, Coldsprings or Liberty, then with the sloppy 2010 season who knows about Cleveland, but with the way the Huffman fans are talking about Coldsprings graduating players and other things, I'd say all 4 of those teams are in competition for playoffs, and the fact that Splendora put up a game against Cleveland and Cleveland upset Liberty then maybe they are too, my point? Huffman is on no level of their own, and the Cleveland fans are crazy to think they only have to worry about Huffman and Coldsprings, now my predictions? Liberty dominates Cleveland, Splendora, Tarkington and Shepherd next season, I'll make a prediction on Huffman and Coldspring after non-district.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1223301" timestamp="1337278897"]
It's funny to me and pretty much EVERYONE in the football world that the loss and 1 player and replacing him with this phenom of an athlete would cause y'all to lose the game to Cleveland much less blow a 20 point lead. [b]If our stregnth was the inside run and he was an inside LBer, isn't his assignment pretty easy? Tackle Franks, done!! [/b] I am pretty sure that no schools in 22-3A have a 4A enrollment... If they did, they probably wouldn't be 3A, right? That LP6, what a funny guy!!
[/quote]
LOL could I get ANYONE on this board, someone who knows the game to read this statement, you my friend do not know the game. You sound like a pee-wee coach complaining in the stands, I also said that our offense did struggle at the wrong time, so no it wasn't because Antoine didn't know what he was doing it was a combination of things that started because two players were injuered at the same spot and he was chosen to fill the void, not his fault, maybe a coaching problem but not his fault. I didn't say we had a bright future because two sophomores scored did I? No, I was simply stating that the player you guys are giving no credit to is 6ft tall 200 pounds rushed for 1000 yards, and helped us get some offense against Coldspring, in my opinion those are some pretty promising statistics.

[quote name="LP6" post="1223347" timestamp="1337283089"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95361.msg1223306#msg1223306 date=1337279557]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I won't disagree with all of that about Cleveland and the last part about Liberty, but we aren't known for our criminal behavior, neither is Cleveland but defintely not us. Cleveland is probably more known to past Huffman players for the numerous beatings they gave them, rather than their criminal behavior.
And back to the point of, you guys saying Liberty is further away from Huffman in skill than Splendor, Tarkington and Shepherd are from Liberty? Liberty has posted 2 blowouts against Splendora in the past two seasons, 4 blowouts on Tarkington in the last 4 years, 2011 season was a blowout against Shepherd 2010 Liberty won, but it was it OT that should have never been forced upon us if we played our game from the beginning, Huffman however has blown Liberty out once in 3 years, they lost to Liberty in one of those 3 years then won a game 40-20, now you tell me how that is more of a gap that the 40+ to what was it 14 against Splendora 2 seasons ago, the win this year, the 63-8 blowout of tarkington and the 2 wins on shepherd, IMO it is very clear that there sits 3 teams on the bottom of 22-3A, then there is a huge gap between them and Liberty and if Liberty would've handled business this past season I would include Cleveland in those bottom teams, but I know now at least untill next season I will put Cleveland on the same level with Liberty, then there is a small gap between Liberty and Huffman, then a gap about as big as the gap between the bottom 3 from Huffman up to Coldsprings. Meaning the bottom 3 will not beat Huffman, Coldsprings or Liberty, then with the sloppy 2010 season who knows about Cleveland, but with the way the Huffman fans are talking about Coldsprings graduating players and other things, I'd say all 4 of those teams are in competition for playoffs, and the fact that Splendora put up a game against Cleveland and Cleveland upset Liberty then maybe they are too, my point? Huffman is on no level of their own, and the Cleveland fans are crazy to think they only have to worry about Huffman and Coldsprings, now my predictions? Liberty dominates Cleveland, Splendora, Tarkington and Shepherd next season, I'll make a prediction on Huffman and Coldspring after non-district.
[/quote]

Well Huffman obviously isn't that far from cs since they are the only one in the district that has been competitive with them, and the rest of the district isn't even competitive with Huffman.

Every game Huffman has played in this district the last 2 years has been over before halftime except for one shepherd game and both cs games.

Yeah cleveland has beat Huffman pretty good in the past, but can you please step out if you time machine and talk about the here and now.

[quote name="LP6" post="1223276" timestamp="1337276889"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95361.msg1223028#msg1223028 date=1337217013]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote)

If you are talking about my post, read it again. I never said we were only worried about Huffman and Coldsprings. I said, we are focused on them two, I also was talking about the Juniors that are returning next year. Never said we were worried about anyone, they will be ready for Liberty also and every other team on the schedule. Most of my opinions comes from the class of 2014 point of view, that is my sons class and most of them boys are in and out of my house everyweek,as was big Dennis when he was in Cleveland. Liberty has not beat this class of boys in 4 years. Is Liberty a good team (yes) twice as good as Cleveland (no)

Nothing like a 10 page thread on repeat. I come to check it out to try and talk some football and the only thing I can find is the same two dudes from Huffman vs. the same guy in Liberty with 3 aliases. It's become this or the Dayton/BH trailer park vs. disgusting looking uniforms.  8)

Fact of the matter is that Coldspring is top dog with a tough non district schedule. Huffman has established themselves as the clear #2. Cleveland is still young and will improve under a coach they should be ecstatic to still have. Liberty has no clear direction and won 7 games with the best win being against a pretty good private school. They lost some good OL and return some quality skill kids so best of luck to them, but leave it alone until you prove something. Getting your 2nd score vs. Huffman with 8-9 minutes left when the game is already out of hand did not put you in the game. Maybe it did for the 25-30 seconds that it stayed at a 14 point game until Huffman scored another. That being said, there is nothing left to defend Huffman fans. The whole district outlook is 100% crystal clear to everyone other than the one guy with 3 names.

It should be exciting when Huffman finally opens up district play this year rolling in 4-0 vs. the 3-2 Panthers. Not sure if it's correct, but one of the kids told me Huffman has a bye going into that game and also selected them as their homecoming.

Best case scenario is for Liberty to catch Huffman overconfident, but considering they have good coaching, two weeks to prepare, and they are at home, I think the advantage is heavily in Huffman's favor, But hey LP, at least I already gave you some excuses to put on the 10th page of May 2013's thread!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder